Green Arrow (CW)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

You must of missed some episodes. He has been in a lot more episodes than 2. His screen time has been slowly building to longer and more scenes as time has gone on. Tommy and the father had a scene together which confirmed their relationship.

2. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That was a good start, but it's still not the same as showing him being able to be the kind of fighter and archer that can best Arrow.

3. DarKush

I'm thinking it's going to be more like your option #1. Though I don't think Tommy is going to find out that Ollie is the Arrow right off. I think it's going to be more like the Raimi Spider-Man films where you will see Tommy slowly becoming more corrosive about his father's death and vengeful about Arrow's involvement. Of course if it goes that route the show is going to have to show Malcolm treating Tommy with a modicum of respect and concern.

4. Dick Whitman

Well we really nothing of Malcolm MERYLN on the show yet. So its not like this contradicts anything! He is based on the comic character whose sole role is to be an equal to Oliver. So I am sure that will be part of his back story on the show.

We now know that Oliver ending up on that specific Island was no accident. It was a prison. Malcolm must of had connections there. Perhaps he was trained by the same man as Oliver Queen was?

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

We do? I don't recall anything indicating that someone planned for him to end up there.

6. Dick Whitman

Malcolm told Moira Queen that she planned having her son taken to the Island, to be interrogated. The whole sinking of the ship was a front to interrogate him to find out if he knew about the list.

7. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^Um, no. They were referring to the interrogation she had done to her son in the first episode after he got back from the island. Remember the "I have to protect my secret" murder he does? that one.

8. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

I really hope they don't recycle the Raimi Goblin plot.

9. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

OH MY GOOOOOOD!

Ollie is portrayed by the other male prostitute from HBO's Hung!
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

10. Aeolusdallas

Aeolusdallas Captain Captain

You just now caught that?

11. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Yep... I hadn't rewatched Hung in a long time and I was just flipping channels when I caught a rerun of season 3. That's when I said "That's where I saw him from!"

12. DarKush

What we've seen of Malcolm doesn't contradict anything, yet what we have seen of him doesn't bolster that he can fight Oliver to a standstill or best him either. Also I think that Malcolm's role on the show, from his stated perspective, is to do much more than simply be Oliver's equal. For one, he wants to be better than Oliver and perhaps is testing himself against him, and thus far won round one. Second, he has a much bigger plan in store for Starling City that goes beyond tangling with the Arrow.

We don't know yet what his backstory will be, or even if he will get one, so I'll just wait and see if we do get those scenes to show why he this lethal fighter. We know he has a murderous mind, but I would like to see how he got those murderous moves.

13. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

James Callis Heading to Starling City

14. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

15. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

16. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

17. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Shouldn't he be called Fagin?

Or is that too close to a dirty word?

18. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Only just saw the Firefly episode today. I thought it was lackluster. I felt a bit bad for Digg when he wasn't included in Ollie's list of people he's connected with since he's been back home :lol:

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I had the same thought.
    I thought it was an OK episode.

20. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

What's with the fat John Crichton? :lol: