OT- "Blasting off on a desparate mission to save Earth..."

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by darkwing_duck1, Nov 4, 2008.

1. darkwing_duck1

darkwing_duck1 Vice Admiral

Going through the dvd collection the other day and was inspired to try my hand at doing some of the major ships from Filmation's Flash Gordon series from 1979.

"Built by Dr. Hans Zarkov, Flash Gordon's rocketship carried Flash and his companions Dale Arden and the good Doctor from Earth to the strange and planet Mongo..."

[​IMG]

A trio of "Leaf" fighters patrol the mountain range that forms one border of the forest kingdom of Arboria. Smaller and more lightly armed than the rocketships of Ming's Sky Armada, the pilots of these fighters rely on their ships' speed and agility, as well as their uncanny aim to prevent Ming from overruning Prince Baron's homeland...

[​IMG]

The mighty rockets of Ming's Sky Armada rule the skys of much of Mongo with an iron fist...

[​IMG]

[Author's Note: Originally I was having trouble figuring out how to do Ming's fighters as shown in the series, so I tried to do a "Ming-esque" ship instead...I like how it turned out, so here it is...]

A pair of Ming's smaller rockets patrol the northern polar icecap of Mongo near the border of Frigia, as ever on the lookout for any sign of the elusive Flash Gordon and his band of freedom fighters...

[​IMG]