So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by captcalhoun, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Fer

Fer Commander Red Shirt

Thanks for the heads up. I heard about the kerfuffle when it happened, but I didn't realize 501st had cliffhangers. That's okay; I'm a Robotech fan. That makes me an old hand at unresolved cliffhangers.

I had heard JD's report that someone else was going to step in and do one final book as well, but according to Wookieepedia that's not happening anymore.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Commando_2

2. Killie

Killie Lieutenant Red Shirt

Currently got two books on the go

Peter Pan by JM Barrie
    The Eugenics Wars: The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh Volume 2 by Greg Cox

A little bit different from each other

3. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    Thanks for the recommendation...

4. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm about 1/3 through the book and I like it so far.

5. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I knew I should have put some fairies in the Khan books!

6. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch Captain Captain

I just finished Star Trek: Vanguard: What Judgments Come. I really enjoyed it. I'm about to start Pysch: Mind Over Magic.

7. PKS8304

PKS8304 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I suspect Zahn is planning on making them into a trilogy but I havent heard of a third book with the rogue Stormtroopers or Mara by him yet.

8. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

He has another one in the same time-frame coming in 2013, actually, but I think I read that it was Han Solo centered. I'll bet all the same people show up though.

9. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Read the first chapter of the new Honorverse book "A Rising Thunder" by David Weber.

(Baen have got the Ebook version up on their website along with some sample chapters. I'll probably get the hardback version to match the rest when it comes out here)

10. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finished reading The Never-Ending Sacrifice by Una McCormack. Here's my review. In short: absolutely loved it. Great novel!

Now I'm reading Titan: Synthesis by James Swallow to catch up on all of the Titan stories.

11. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

FINALLY managed to get thru Seize the Fire. It was - tiresome.

Next is Rough Beasts of Empire, which judging by the rumbles I've heard about it, I'm less than excited. Ah well, ONWARD!

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I finished up "Hard News", the second story in Vanguard: Declassified. Pennington is one of my favorite characters so I really enjoyed seeing a story from his perspective. It was also cool to read a story by just Kevin Dilmore. I've really enjoyed the stuff he's written with Dayton Ward, and the stuff that Ward has written by himself, and now I know that Dilmore solo is just as good.

13. Defcon

You could have known that years ago by reading The Road to Edos, his solo story in New Frontier: No Limits. :p ;)

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, I completely forgot about that one. I loved that too.

15. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch Captain Captain

I just finished Psych: Mind Over Magic. It was very entertaining, and funnier than the previous novel, A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Read. I'm about to start on The Embrace of Cold Architects by David R. George III, the first story in Myriad Universes: Shattered Light.

16. Defcon

Finished Headhunter earlier today. Very solid book, a tad weaker than Greg's other CSI novel Shock Treatment IMO, but definitely a fun read.

Next up: Fantastic Four: What lies between by Peter David. (I'm currently trying to reduce my backlog of paper books I bought before switching to eBooks.)

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really wish they'd released those Marvel novels in e-form. I've read X-Men:Watchers on the Walls and Wolverine: Road of Bones, and really enjoyed them. I'd really love to read more of them, but at this point I'm trying to get as close to 100% digital as I can get. So far these, the Bond novels, and the Harry Potter books are the only books I haven't found in e-form. I own the hardcovers of the Harry Potter books, but my mom and I have read them so many times they are literally falling apart, and I'd love to replace them with e-books.

18. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Well, Headhunter was my first stab at a CSI book. Glad to hear the learning curve is heading in the right direction!

19. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

currently reading star trek enterprise The Romulan war: To Brave the storm.

20. Defcon

Definitely wouldn't mind to read another CSI novel by you, but it seems as if they have stopped to produce them (?).