Christian Bale Meltdown

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by The Lady Eve, Feb 2, 2009.

1. The Lady Eve

The Lady Eve Vice Admiral Admiral

Audio tape just surfaced of Bale having an over-the-top shit fit because some unfortunate DP accidentally walked into the shot. The irony is as Bale is screaming about unprofessionalism and the DP being an amateur he's unprofessionally wasting precious time by ranting on & on & on. Jackass.

Gawker

2. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

but...but...he's the goddamn Batman!

3. SGCSG1

SGCSG1 Lieutenant Red Shirt

This is comedy Gold. Andy Kaufman at his finest couldn't beat this. Wait, you mean it's real? Well, that's pretty weird.

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

More and more it seems like Bale is a gigantic dick head.

I mean, Russell Crowe is looking at him and going, "What an asshole."

5. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Well, Batman always was an angry person.

6. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

As I said in the thread on this in Sci-Fi/Fantasy this isn't the first time he had an outburst on the Terminator set. Around the time when TDK was released her flipped out on a production assistant and went as far as demanding that the Assistant be fired or he'd walk off the set. But all the stories about it were quickly pushed under the rug and ignored.

7. The Lady Eve

The Lady Eve Vice Admiral Admiral

Oops. The above audio is the edited version. Here's Bale getting all "I'm gonna kick your ass." Absolutely brilliant to humilate a DP and by extension his crew like that. :rolleyes:

meltdown

8. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

It happens all the time on movie sets.
    And Bale has actually always been somewhat open about the fact that he can be like this.

9. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

Christian Bale is a douche.

10. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Admitting that you can be an asshole doesn't make it okay when you are one.

What I wonder is where was McG during all this? This is his set. The director is the highest voice of authority during filming. So what was he doing? Sitting there wondering "Gee, maybe I should say something?"

11. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

12. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

McG can be heard in the clip...well, the link in the Sci/Fi Fant thread, anyway...admitting he didn't see what happened and trying to diffuse the situation and calm Bale down. Bale is responding to McG when he says, "No! I don't wanna' take a walk!"

13. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Is this actually a new event? From what I can tell this seems to just be a delayed-release tape of the previous incident.

14. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why are there two threads for this? Is this one for the Little Women/Empire of the Sun/Captain Corelli's Mandolin/The New World/Rescue Dawn crowd, and the other one's for the Batman Begins/Equilibrium/Terminator Salvation/Reign of Fire/The Prestige crowd? :)

15. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

There's a thread in two seperate forums. Not all that uncommon around events that concern actors/people who's work spans various areas.

He's an actor in various films -hence the thread here- and an actor in the Batman movies and the upcomming Terminator movie -hence his thread over in Skiffy.

Not unusual.

16. Twilight

Twilight Vice Admiral Admiral

What a doooouchebag. :rolleyes:

17. Johnny Rico

Johnny Rico Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Am I the only one on here that is thinking "so the fuck what?"

What these pople have to go through with the poparotzi on a daily basis is enough to drive any one nuts, so I don't doubt that they could probably blow their stack on the set at some poor smuck that got in the way or something.

No big deal...

18. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Jesus F$*&#ing Christ!!! Shit!!! Did you know it took me 12 F*#!ing minutes to f$&*ing figure out what "DP" meant in the original post?!? I feel like throwing a F&*#ing tantrum!!! :scream:

:p

19. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think there is really any excuse for demeaning somebody in that manner publicly, he should have either had a word with him in private or seen the director to have a talk with him.

Assuming the guy was actually doing something wrong......but that was just terrible, i cant imagine how the guy feels to be humiliated in that manner in public.

20. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

It's hardly public when it's a place of work and I've heard much worse than that in my time, especially in creative endeavours. On top of that the bloke is well known to be a method actor and they're all on the touchy side.