The Nature of the TARDIS

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by starsuperion, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

2. starsuperion

starsuperion Commodore Commodore

o Wow. thanks Mark! I Hope The Maps Reference Are Just The Interior..The Design I Am Doing Is The Basic Floor Model, Default Everything..Hope I Don't Have To Change The Time Scepter..

3. starsuperion

A description of the interior of the Doctor's Tardis.
    this is from a novella PDA

I never realized.’ Tegan stepped on to the balcony, a balcony
    which overlooked a sight that brought home the sheer size of
    the TARDIS. The view stretched for miles in all directions, so
    far that the distant reaches were lost. She looked back at the
    door they had come through, but it had vanished. And then she
    realized that it wasn’t a balcony – it was a circular platform
    hundreds of feet above – above what? She no longer felt that
    she was inside: from the platform, the TARDIS looked like a
    city, with huge Corinthian columns that must have been
    hundreds of feet in diameter thrusting up from between the
    massive white domes. The featureless domes, thousands of
    them, were interlinked by snaking white corridors, and she
    could only assume that she was looking at some sort of
    representation of the TARDIS interior. It reminded her of
    some ancient film she had watched as a child, the city of
    Adantis before it fell. She tried to banish the idea. Following
    the upward direction of the columns, Tegan strained her neck
    to see where they went. But they all vanished thousands of feet
    above in a boiling mass of grey and black cloud.
    ‘This is unbelievable,’ murmured Tornqvist.
    ‘This isn’t the safe place you mentioned, by any chance?’
    Tegan asked Byson.
    Byson rubbed his beard. ‘The TARDIS says it is.’
    ‘Great!’ said Tegan. ‘We’re stuck on a parapet overlooking
    the TARDIS’s death-throes –’ She broke off as one of the
    domes exploded, the resultant fireball soaring into the air in an
    incandescent mushroom cloud. The pillar that stood next to the
    now-gutted dome slowly toppled over, smashing into a line of
    more domes and shattering them like eggs. But they did not go
    quietly: simultaneously, all eight of them detonated like a
    string of titanic hand grenades, the shock vibrating the
    platform on which Byson, Tornqvist and Tegan stood. All
    three of them dropped to the white floor, their hands over their
    ears.
    As the aftershocks abated, Tornqvist raised his head and
    looked at Byson.
    ‘So, Garrett: this is the safest part of the TARDIS?’
    He sniffed. ‘It’s the last place that will be destroyed, Your
    Grace.’
    Tegan tried to hold back her panic. ‘A ringside view of a
    TARDIS dying. All my birthdays have come at once.’
    Another dome burst into flames.
    ‘How much longer do you think we’ve got?’ Tegan had just
    seen another clutch of domes ignite, bringing three more
    pillars crashing to the ground.
    ‘I’m having trouble talking to the TARDIS,’ muttered
    Byson. ‘It’s very ill.’
    She closed her eyes as a blinding flare lit up the horizon.
    A sound like the tearing of heaven hit them, and she
    realized that that wasn’t such a bad analogy. About a mile
    away from their parapet, a massive gash in space had opened
    up, a lenticular rip in the fabric of the TARDIS. The edges
    flickered in reds and golds as if they were on fire, but it was
    what it contained that sent icy daggers into her: the roiling
    blue miasma of the Time Vortex. The TARDIS had been
    holed.
    The gash was growing larger, a rapacious maw that was eating
    away at the domes and pillars like a cancer.
    ‘Get real!’ Tegan pointed at the rift. ‘This is physics, Sven,
    not divine retribution.
    The maw was now an abyss, the Buttering azure radiance of
    the Vortex casting its light over Tegan, Byson and Tornqvist.
    Despite Tegan’s earlier protestations, it really did feel like the
    gateway to hell was gaping down over them. ‘Brave heart,
    Tegan,’ she whispered.
    ‘What was that?’ asked Tornqvist, his eyes never wavering
    from the tear in reality.
    ‘Oh, something the Doctor always used to say.’ She sighed.
    And then it hit like the wrath of God.
    One moment they’d been standing before the end of
    everything; the next, they were knocked to the floor as if some
    invisible hand had swatted them. And the noise! A scream of
    retribution swept through the ruins of the TARDIS, a sound
    that touched Tegan deep inside in the same way as the
    destruction of the console had. Only then it had been a cry of
    pain; now it was a triumphant whoop of victory. Victory? As
    she felt the platform tipping, she couldn’t reconcile the
    TARDIS’s celebration with the fact that they were about to be
    thrown hundreds of feet to their deaths. What was going on?
    It stopped as dramatically as it had started. The noise and
    the wind and the light and everything just... stopped. Tegan
    looked up and somehow knew that it was all over. The abyss
    was gone, with no sign that it had ever existed, and for a
    second she wondered if she had imagined all of it. Then she
    saw again the burnt out domes and the crumbled sections of
    pillar, a landscape of ruin and desolation. Somehow she didn’t
    think the Doctor was going to be very impressed.
    ‘It’s over.’ Byson clambered to his feet, blinking rapidly.
    Tegan guessed that he had felt the TARDIS’s emotional
    outburst most deeply of all.
    ‘The voice of God,’ muttered Tornqvist. ‘He heard us and
    sent deliverance.’
    ‘Somehow I think it had more to do with physics than
    faith,’ muttered Tegan, but as she spoke, a crack of thunder
    echoed from above. It could have been an aftershock, but she
    couldn’t be sure.
    A feeling of almost sepulchral calm had fallen over the
    TARDIS. Tegan tentatively stepped closer to the edge of the
    platform and gazed out over the landscape. To her surprise and
    delight, some of the domes were already repairing themselves.
    The odd thing was, nothing seemed to happen while she
    deliberately watched a dome, but if she turned away and then
    looked back, the dome was whole again. ‘If the Doctor can
    regenerate, why shouldn’t his TARDIS?’ she muttered.
    ‘Sorry?’ Byson was standing next to her.
    ‘I was talking to myself, Garrett. The TARDIS seems to be
    recovering.’
    ‘I don’t fancy spending the rest
    of my life stuck up here.’ She broke off as a rectangle of
    shimmering mercury appeared about five feet away. ‘What the
    hell is that?’
    The quicksilver flowed apart as the Doctor walked through.
    ‘Doctor!’ she cried, running over and smothering him in a
    tight hug. ‘Am I glad to see you!’
    ‘Obviously.’ He untangled himself from her grasp and
    tugged his jacket back into shape. ‘Although I’d like to know
    what you’ve been doing with my TARDIS.’
    ‘I’m sorry about the mess,’ she said apologetically,
    doubting that it was enough to pacify him

4. starsuperion

In the publication about the book, it states there will be a map of the tardis, which I think can only add to the work I am already doing. As for the Time Sceptre, I think that for the most part, I have just about everything that was quoted and put out there about it, and is reflected in the art I posted earlier.. Although I did make one revision.. I added the seal of Rassilon to the Containment sphere of the eye of harmony. It would seem to me that such a symbol was used in the past, and was stated on some occasions as a sort of way to ward of evil creatures who are dimensionally transcendental and Vampires. If the type 40 is as old as that and uses Old High Gallifreyan as it's programming language which the Doctor can read, then it would be likely that symbol is there to protect the powerful mini copy of the eye of harmony.

Another thing I found interesting was that the Idea of the Time Sceptre really does reflect Time Lord architecture. I mean, they do seem to build things around a central focus, like the console in the console room, and when you see the building of Arcadia, or the old Capitol when the doctor was first stealing the TARDIS, it does also look like a long scepter with a balled city on top.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  5. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, it's certainly an artificial environment of some sort.

It doesn't use construction or engineering techniques that we can understand.

(Unlike Star Trek, where the ships are based around how they would 'really' be built using methods and theories we already know.)

I don't think Time Lord construction can be quantified.

It might be more like a computer program. Like a holodeck, almost.

Many stories imply that the interior is calculated using mathematical equations.

Like a computer program. Lots of little 1s and 0s.

In some stories, the defined mass of the TARDIS can be reconfigured from its own central computer, and whole sections can be 'jettisoned' (whereby they simply disappear, it isn't like it loses actual physical parts in the process it's more like they just gets put in the equivalent of the desktop 'recycle bin' which is then emptied, whoosh gone, and the computer then recalculates the total 'mass' of the vessel based on how many percent of it has been jettisoned).

The Doctor 'loses' the zero room and the TARDIS pool this way.

The whole thing with changing the TARDIS control room 'wallpaper', as inferred by the changes throughout classic Who and confirmed on-screen in the new one, also seems to tally with the TARDIS at least using some kind of artificial projection technology to create its interior environment.

Original Who called this 'Block Transfer Computation'.

But on the other hand, there are stories where the Doctor tinkers with actual electronics. Where he opens up a roundel on the wall or a panel on the console, and uses his sonic screwdriver to actually fix something on a circuit board or bond some wires together or whatever.

Early (1960s) stories erred more closely to this.

The very first Dalek story makes mention of fluid links, and other stories (even up into the 1980s, after the above mentioned 'Block Transfer Computation' technique had already been established) act like it uses adaptors and parts that need replacing.

In at least one story the TARDIS actually runs out of gas (or the galactic equivalent, Zeiton Ore) and the Doctor is just like, "Well shit, we're stuck here now aren't we?" :D

"Arc of Infinity" shows us one of Gallifrey's mechanical engineers, Damon, whose job it is to give TARDISes refits in his workshop.

It's basically said that the TARDIS is pretty much like a car, or any other conventional sci-fi spaceship for that matter, and that by rights the Doctor should be taking his TARDIS back to Gallifrey for a check-up every few millennia to keep it operating at peak efficiency.

Further to this, the new series originally based its 'downbeat' TARDIS interior on the premise that without Time Lord maintenance crews to help him out, the TARDIS has effectively been patched up with Do It Yourself bodge-jobs by the Doctor using whatever has come to hand over the centuries (hence why one of the levers is the air-pump for a bicycle).

So there's definitely something of the ship which is made up traditional components, actual physical parts that get old and need fixing or replacing.

So the only conclusion I think we can draw is that the nature of the TARDIS' engineering is somewhere in the middle. It's the only fair way to marry the two above positions together. :) That there's obviously some kind of basic unseen physical "core" to the craft, possibly only based around the central console itself, from which elaborate computer programs "project" an infinite, but still broadly defined, artificial sense of space using complex mathematical equations. A TARDIS without any of these things working is probably just a tiny room with a console, lots of technical doo-dads, and not much else.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  6. starsuperion

Well actually there is precedent for a central Time Sceptre and various other references to a central power and main core that is certainly a machine. Peter McKinstry who was a concept artist for the New Doctor Who show under the direction of Russel T. Davies did concept work on the interior of the TARDIS within it's dimension. His concept art was based on the TARDIS being more like a coral type living ship, which I do not share in that view point.. However the concept of the Central Time Sceptre, and the Dimensional Junctures, and such really do make sense, so there is something to his work.

[​IMG]

The Above picture was published in one of the Doctor Who visual Dictionaries, and shows the Time Sceptre center, which remains in tact, while around it there are rooms with corridors that can be added to or deleted. It clearly states there are "Matter Projectors" around the structure, which to me indicates a sort of Star Trek type "Replicator Technology" which uses Block Math computation to create matter out of pure mathematical formula. This would also include the interior, and rearranging the desk top themes. However, the TARDIS also creates matter in different time phases. These time phases exist in the same space, but in a slightly out of phase time with the rest of the ship. The diagram above indicates this, and in the Journey to the center of the TARDIS as well as in the Doctor who adventure game where there are parts of the TARDIS out of time sync with the rest of the ship. This is how a TARDIS can become infinite, as it's external structure and mass are not necessarily infinite in form.

The main problem aside from the lack of looking like the classic series, or more machine in concept is that there are clearly lifts, and shafts, which his swirling corridors seems to ignore..My point of view is that although the interior and room configuration can change, the exterior, is always a uniform type. Being white, and Gray and machine in nature.

What I have been doing is working with William Swift of the www.whoniverse.net website to take the McKinstry model, and redesign it according to the classic series and the new series to marry them together with relevant content from the novels and come up with a design that best makes sense of it all, and is more closely related to the classic series. Also My Time Sceptre is about 2.5 Miles High, and makes the Containment sphere about the scale as seen in the Journey to the centre of the TARDIS.

My Time Sceptre is based on the McKinstry concept model, however, it is also deeply rooted in the classic series. It incorporates -parts that are clearly defined in the novels and in the TV series. Great research has been put into the design to make it more in line with what the Original Series, and from journey to the Centre of the TARDIS have put forward.

[​IMG]

My design takes the point of view of the ship as a machine as seen in the Hartnell Era, and the book I am putting together is based solely on the Hartnell ship, with his console, and all the data I and Will could gather which will basically be a book about a Type 40: Floor Model, as if you were purchasing a car that was standard, with no upgrades, or additions. This Schematic Book is just the basic Type 40. Though heavily based on the McKinstry concept, it will be more machine then organic, leaving the organics to the mind of the ship, the central cortex as seen in the Architectural reconfiguration room as a Tree, which is explained in detailed technobabble in the schematic above. It is because the Block math computation has to be done by an organic mind, because a machine mind would have instabilities..According to Logopolis. This is why a Tardis is sort of alive, but also mainly a machine.

Regardless of the new book coming out from Panini, the Doctor Who Magazine special #38, The Essential Doctor who: the Tardis. My work is still in my view valid given that the BBC has already sanctioned the McKinstry design shown in the Visual Dictionary. You are correct it is somewhere in the middle, only the TARDIS isn't just simply one room with a console, tho the console is an important part of the ship.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  7. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Lovely as always

8. starsuperion

thank you. :techman: I recently had a glimpse of the panini Tardis map. I have now come to believe that the internal structure of a TARDIS is something akin to a celestial Orrery, within an Armillery sphere, within an armillery sphere.

if you do a search on Google, look both up, you will see what I mean..it fits the time lord style and the map and journey to the center of the Tardis and the rooms can be placed all over the interior of the Armillery sphere! Fascinating!

9. starsuperion

Any of you guys wanna help me postulate on the below images? Some say this is a systems tree, some say this is a Map of the TARDIS, I think it is the latter..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To me, it looks like you are looking down on the top of the ship. there seems to be loops that may be corridors that run around the internal engine See the red lines, and there also seems to be a faint distinct hexagonal sphere that surrounds the internal engine structure and the console room and eye of harmony. now the depiction of this from Journey to the center of the TARDIS is that this was the basic ship configuration, the Doctor reduced it down for Clara. It also seems like there are faint loops running down below the main section, and you can clearly see small spheres below, which to me looks like a looping winding of corridors which connect to spheres, which wind their way down and up..but are also inside a hexagonal master sphere, and seems to be inside another sphere as well.

What I think I am looking at is the top down into a hexagonal Sphere, which has orbs and loops which could be the corridors. What I am not sure about is that those spheres around the internal engine, if they are the rooms outside? like there is a line to the sphere that says console room, or is the sphere close to the engine just a connecting room to the console room outside the circular engine room. I think the rubbish swirling around the main engine is old high gallifreyan or maybe depicting the time phase that section is in, or shields of some sort, and those needles coming out of the structure depicts where people are inside the ship, or sensors?

I am interested to hear what you guys think... this model is a conundrum, but, if we could come to a consensus on it, then I may be able to extrapolate a great version of the ship's interior for the schematics I am putting together.

Any help on this would be much appreciated. :eek:

Here are a couple of cleaned up images..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

this last one you can clearly see the hexagonal pattern overlaying the internal parts..its like a 3D deep hexagonal structure

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  10. starsuperion

Basically I just think the TARDIS interior dimension solution is simple.. It should be modeled on the Spherical Sky scraper building T23.

This design is just perfect. I shall explain how it can work quite well for the doctor's TARDIS.

[​IMG]

the aesthetic of the design is quite striking, and has that Bubble dimension and planetary feel to it.

[​IMG]

http://www.demaravillas.com/2009/09/sphere-building/
    Take for example this plastic model version showing how there is an internal sphere located on the inside center, this could easily be where the main engine is located.., with the eye of Harmony sphere attached, and the console room just above, centered..
    with there still being a sceptre and antenna on the top.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The plastic pillars which rise up in the structure could easily fit the shafts that Amy and Rory were climbing in the episode "the Doctor's Wife".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The opening in this plastic model, could easily have what is protruding out, a control sphere, which houses the console room, and interstitial antenna, and the opening below can be where the vortex is accessed through the wormhole refractors at the base of the structure.

[​IMG]

If the TARDIS needs rooms, the platforms that surround the internal structure can create them, and delete them at will as well as creating hallways and such inside the meta-structure. See the pic below..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There can be multi levels, and any section can have a room as large as you may want it to be..and if it is a must, you could make in between these platforms or levels, room spheres..

[​IMG]

To me, there is just no equal to this concept as far as depicting a Time Travel CAPSULE, or Bubble Dimension of time, or a World of a ship..This concept makes the scale of the ship as large as you could want, or simply deleting the rooms, on any level just leaves a blank meta structure..reducing the overall mass of the ship, while still keeping a structure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This just screams TARDIS to me.. It just needs a scifi adjustment and the core materials placed strategically for it to work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To me this Structure is just perfect for the Internal Dimension of the TARDIS ship..and in addition to the structure, there can be similar structures that exist in the same spot but different time phase, with different configurations, giving the sphere ship an infinite quality..

Now that feels more like a ship that is like a computer mind, rather then some cluster of spheres and balls with loops..this is more like it, and more like the classic Ship IMHO!

This design is Brilliant!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  11. starsuperion

I mean, yes, sometime ago, there was this novella that described the TARDIS as a mass of pillars, corridors and spheres, or domes. But I like this new direction. You can basically have the time sceptre running up the middle of a structure that has platforms which can be added to, like memory sticks which can create or delete rooms if needed. In the mock up I did below, you see a crass and basic idea forming on the direction I am going to take with the ship's design. Note, the control sphere would be much smaller, and maybe the outer endo-skeleton will have different look. but I do like the sphere with all the circles running all over it, like how the TARDIS has roundels on the inside..or symbolizing the nature of a sphere within a sphere with a sphere, and so on..

Basically the engines and all the stuff we have come to know about Tardis can create copies of it's internal structure in different time phases out of sync with the main section being piloted.The time sceptre doesn't need to sit upright, because the console room can be upright, which is why I placed it lop sided, and it gives it that 1960's quasi futuristic scifi feel as well.. this will be direction I will be taking the ship's design and break down, as to me, it just makes perfect and complete sense.

Just imagine the plastic model above, with those blank platforms, as the ship creates it's own map, and then can delete those things it doesn't need. the hole in the back is so the ship can jettison it's main engine in dire straights, or the eye of harmony if it is in jeapordy of exploding..

It just makes sense! I hope you guys will see it that way too! :)

[​IMG]

12. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

A very nice idea, there could even be a capacity for the TARDIS to start out with a limited number of layers of the spherical construction around it, as they age, growing new layers over it to accomodate more.

It's certainly neater in design, but still looks to be wrapping spacetime around it.

13. Mytran

Mytran Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The sphere structure looks a lot more robust, something that could believably punch its way through the barriers of time and space. The sceptre is more like something that would drift on temporal seas and eddies in much more genteel manner. Both good, but my money's on the sphere. It also offers the potential for near continuous growth without destabilising itself

14. starsuperion

Well, it could do that as well.. The way I am looking at it though, is that there is this basic structural lattice around the core, and within that structural lattice are blank levels or platforms that can be directed through energy matter conversion via the matter control projectors throughout the internal structure. This is then how the internal configuration will make the corridors and rooms throughout the inside of the lattice structure. Since the TARDIS can reformat itself, and also partition itself within different phases of time out of sync with it's original interior, it wouldn't necessarily need to make more of the external lattice structure (endo-Skeleton) that surrounds the time scepter, main engine, eye of harmony, and other various vital parts..it can just copy the internal map, and restructure it in a different slightly out of phase time slot..which can make it seem like a Tesseract and infinite, without making the outside lattice structure expand or grow bigger..

But then again, it can go either way I suppose based on the user preference. If the external Lattice structure is static, then all that would be required to reduce the mass is delete the internal configuration and basically you'd have a hollow sphere with just the time scepter and main engine, and eye of harmony within it..maybe even not having the platforms where the hallways, and rooms are created..but still having that outer layer lattice..

I gotta say, I am loving the feedback on this, I really feel like I am on to something here! :techman:

My thoughts exactly Mytran!! ;) I too prefer the sphere, and with what we saw in the Big Bang episode, the Tardis was on fire as a giant ball of flame. The mock up I did above doesn't convey the sheer massive scale the design is meant to display, when I do a concise and proper schematic of that, the look and feel will seem much more massive and like a giant spaceship planet..

With this new look, I think I can finally solve how the ship can create and delete rooms, while keeping the functionality of the Time scepter and all the parts in one coherent machine that feels like it is self contained. I do like the external structural lattice, as it reminds me of the Time the Master held Adric in his TARDIS in that Lattice type prison from Castrovalva..

The corridors of the sphere can run along the sphere's circumference, and loop inward while connecting to rooms and such, and even criss cross the structure internally. The pillars running up the inside can connect to different levels like in the Doctor's wife episode where Amy and Rory were
    trying to escape House. It can also have the classical configuration from the old series like in Logopolis, Castrovalva, or even the chase..It has the potential to cover all known configuration aspects of the classic and new series, and remain functional. With the hole on the side, and top, and underneath, it still feels like something hollow in some respects.. Like this image below:

[​IMG]

It's like looking in on the Main engine from the ejection opening, and would be where it could be shot into the vortex..Now outside the sphere would be just around it, a swirling mass of gray bubbling clouds, or quantum foam..below a wormhole opening to the vortex, and above the interstitial antenna works in concert with the console room. I think where the main engines are, I will also be including the warp drive or Vworp drive systems in the cutaway part of that sphere design..

I am excited now! Thanks for the responses. I was kind of mulling over how to design some funky Armillary sphere with these looping corridors and numerous spheres running all over the place..Blech!! Yet then I cam across this T23 Building concept and was like, Bingo!!

LOL T23 (is that short for TARDIS type 23) :rofl:

thanks for the support Fellow Whovians! I am on the right track!

when I do the TARDIS Schematic and General plans Index pages, I am going to be using the original Floor Factory default model. My book is not going to be the Doctor's Type 40 per se, but it will be the Basic Type 40 in default mode.. So with all the references and studies I have done with Williams Swift of the www.whoniverse.net, I will be using the Hartnell Model as the basis for the ship, with console's Mark I to Console's Mark III, which is what the doctor drives now..The default console room is modeled on the first Hartnell set depicted below, and my floor plans for the ship will have that as it's main console section. I have also reference materials with cutaways of the consoles from the DVD files on the single doctor who DVD's. Thanks to William on that!

[​IMG]

I will include a supplement to the first book, it will be entitled the Doctor's Type 40 as an appendix to the floor model specs showing his upgrades.. including the extrapolator shielding he has, along with various desk top themes, including the current version, and the Shield generator built by the Doctor himself which was destroyed by Omega in the 3 Doctors special.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  15. starsuperion

in the up coming schematic design I have been preparing based on the explanation above, I wanted to preface this by explaining a few core components of the design and how the ship will proceed to work with this new direction.

1. the Fifth dimension- this is simply meant to describe a dimension just outside of the core dimensions which time-space, and most of normal space exist. in the fifth dimension, there does not exist time, rather it is outside of normal space time, and the physics of normal space do not apply. By allocating time to the 5th dimensional space, you can expand the dimension to accommodate functional space as well as direct phases of time and dimensional planes through temporal fission.

2. Time Phases- in the 5th dimensional space, time phases can be used to create copies of the internal configuration to create new and expansive rooms, and corridors that overlap the original main sections, giving the static ship an infinite and Tesseract nature. The Tardis is capable of growing it's interior, and reducing that scale, in addition to that, the interior can also be set apart in another time phase, which can make the ship seem infinite, however it's relative mass can remain the same, and the exterior and internal scale of the ship can remain the same, based on the output of the eye of Harmony.

3. Relative Mass-the relative mass of the ship is fixed based on the output of the eye of harmony. When switching use of the craft to another time phase, the mass of that section will be a constant relative to the original mass structure of the previous time phase. This keeps the output ratio constant, and when in another phase of time, that energy output is then allocated to that section and partitioned off the previous section. a suitable analogy would be shutting off lights in one room, and turning them on in another to conserve power. When moving from one time phase to another, the time scepter remains a constant, as it is the vital core component that ties the ship's internal configuration together. in addition the control sphere is also static, however the console room within is a copy and can be formatted to what ever desk top theme is desired for that particular time phase.

4. Eye of Harmony Output vs Source- the eye of harmony in a TARDIS is an infinite source of energy and is a mathematical copy of the original on planet gallifrey. To create the copy, energy from the original was fed into a catalyst and through block math transfer, a miniature copy was generated to create the ship's internal core. It is an infinite source of power, yet, based on it's mass, the output of the power is set at a finite ratio. This means that while the Tardis can seem infinite in scale, this illusion is done through setting different configurations apart in allocated time phases, which allows the output to maintain them at varying times, and not all at once. jettisoning rooms from the internal structure is done by converting the stabilized virtual particle matter back into energy which is then fed into the engines of the ship, or directly into the time vortex itself to avoid overload.

5. the Pedestrian infrastructure and the Inner Dimensional shell- In the schematic of the ship's internal dimension's external shell that surrounds the time scepter, the external shell is a basic opaque white colour and is just a basic limit of the ship's pedestrian infrastructure. the main sections within it are controlled and built by it's Matter control projectors. this means that when a TARDIS formats it's interior, these rooms, levels and corridors are all constructed within this outer shell. when dropping the mass of the ship's internal configuration, the outer shell remains, however the internal sections are then removed. This outer shell is the blank canvas on to which the projected internal configuration is then placed when needed, and in different allocated time phases determined by the time rotor in concert with the architectural configuration system, matter control projectors and the use of the eye of harmony.

6. Time Phases and Dimensional planes- Since the 5th dimensional plane the Main core of the TARDIS rests in is outside of normal space-time, it does not contain any linear time to act in. This time allocation is needed for a 3rd dimensional being to inhabit. By way of the Time rotor the ship's internal time is allocated, and can be divided up into time phases because normal time is not running in the 5th dimensional space. this allows the Tardis to manipulate it's internal format on many levels and create many different sections ad infinitum. This TIME is given AND expands it's RELATIVE DIMENSION(s) (infinite time phases) IN the same SPACE (TARDIS).

As I upload the first page of the fully formed TARDIS structure, bare in mind that the ship's internal structure is what determines it's mass, along with it's central core time scepter. it is only when rooms are added, and levels and such that the ship's mass increases to capacity. to extend that capacity, it only needs to generate itself another entire moon sized pallet of rooms, corridors and sections in the same space of the original, just in another phase of time. this is how a TARDIS has multiple dimensional planes, as these time phases are in themselves their own 3 dimensions, and 4th time dimension in a 5th dimensional space overlapping it's original configuration. The Tardis can eject it's main engine when needed, which it can reformat and grow another based on it's gray prints, however this will take time, and the basic internal configuration and time allocated phases must be shut down in order to provide the maximum energy output going to this task. In contrast to this, the eye of harmony can also be ejected from the internal structure to avoid internal implosion, which could occur with a catastrophic failure of the containment sphere. Ejecting a eye of harmony will not necessarily destroy the TARDIS within, however it will have a limited time to obtain a new one on Gallifrey. With no access to the original eye of harmony and Tardis technicians, the internal dimension the TARDIS exists in will eventually collapse in on itself, and cease to exist.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  16. starsuperion

Okay Whovians, Here we go! I am about to take you all on a trip down the Vortex tunnel, into the realm of technical schematic bliss! This first post is simply the cover page of the Index, and later today I will be uploading the first page of the Technical errata, "Default internal Structure" of the TARDIS. When you see the structure, imagine for a moment, that you begin at the control sphere, in the console room, and walk out into a corridor, as you progress you begin to feel as if you are slowly moving deeper into the machine, as if the corridor is slowly winding it's way downward. This is not an illusion, as the internal structure does do this, and in one case, will marry up with the Journey to the Center of the TARDIS depiction, as you will see how the service tunnels, and corridors make their way around the ship's internal spherical shape, making their way to the centre and will also show how the internal time scepter makes itself connected with the outer rings of rooms within the spherical shape. Page 2 of the Schematic section, will detail the cutaway showcasing the time scepter, and page 3 will be a detailed version showcasing how corridors and rooms are laid out within the ship. Page 4 will be a detail of the control sphere and the Default (Hartnell) console room, and page 5 will be the Mark I console..more to come after.

Yet, for just today, I am only uploading the Cover page, and later the default structure, page 1.

[​IMG]

This is the format the pages will be following..
    I hope you guys will like this. Cheers!

17. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Wonderful as always.

18. starsuperion

Okay guys check this..

The TARDIS begins as a small ship It's default configuration if you will (Hartnell era) Or basic configuration Per journey to the Center of the TARDIS
    , then reconfigures it's internal structure..becoming bigger, almost full..but not quite there yet.. check the next post for that.
    http://www.shutterstock.com/video/c...l-structures-animation.html?src=rel/3465980:4

Then it jettisons some rooms, and reconfigures itself again..Castrovalva and event one..where it jettisons 25%.
    http://www.shutterstock.com/video/c...l-structures-animation.html?src=rel/3465977:2

All you need do is put the time scepter in the middle, and throw up some corridor spiral pathways denoting the 12 levels to the structure, the spheres can become upright reconfigured and changes into any room needed, Inside according to the Time scepter orientation after settling.. and you can throw in some lift shafts in there between some spots.. when the TARDIS configures itself, it's corridors and pathways delete, and after the rooms (spheres) settle it then creates the pathways and lifts and such to tie it all together.

:D

now how is that for a fantastic visual aide!!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  19. starsuperion

In this version you have:

1. standard Default TARDIS, before expansion..Hartnell era, Or basic configuration Per journey to the Center of the TARDIS

2. Ignore that configuration..

3. Faction paradox TARDIS, rooms become bone and that flower..LOL

4. Back to normal fully and completely grown TARDIS Configuration..

http://www.shutterstock.com/video/c...l-structures-animation.html?src=rel/3450995:3

Actually this is the best one yet..
    http://www.shutterstock.com/video/c...src=search:inline/WPFHGAQabbhRL6WzLPg5dw:2:98

20. starsuperion

One more thing..
    The exterior of the 5th Dimension

this is what I envision the exterior of the 5th Dimension would look like with the structures I noted above within, the lines coming out are the energy waves from the ship's engines. again inside that cloud is the structures I have noted above..
    http://www.shutterstock.com/video/c...src=search:inline/wEFoll007uHJD4sSnNKnRg:4:54

further out, This is an example of the TARDIS 5th Dimension as noted above this text line, it is exuding energy from the Vortex as it took it in, swirled it around the ship's internal structure and pushes it back into the vortex, (essentially like a cosmic jet engine) as the outer shell is moving in the wormhole.
    The light sphere (lower Left) is giving off the Orbital energy, or Counter Magnetic thrust.. the next image is how that flux is being used to direct the motion of the TARDIS in the Vortex..
    http://www.shutterstock.com/video/c...src=search:inline/mVjyoEA-tS9uR2XHJm6MhA:1:42

closer up to the lit sphere above, we see in the link below, This is what we don't see outside the Police box, is the waves..

the big fan wave shifting above is the direction it is driving the ship's exterior shell outside the 5th Dimension in the vortex (akin to a ship's rudder). Left and right directional flight is implied...

outside, we just see the police box moving in the Wormhole, time vortex tunnel..
    http://www.shutterstock.com/video/c...src=search:inline/mVjyoEA-tS9uR2XHJm6MhA:1:30

Which makes the police box move down the vortex like this:
    http://www.shutterstock.com/video/c...-the-speed-of-light.html?src=rel/2124848:7/3p

when just moving in space and not in the vortex, the unseen invisible warp field generated by the vworp drive creates an energy field around the outer shell like this:
    http://www.shutterstock.com/video/c...in-different-colors.html?src=rel/4170109:0/3p

Ofcourse it could all just be like this, which reminds me of the map from journey to the center of the TARDIS...
    http://www.shutterstock.com/video/c...src=search:inline/WPFHGAQabbhRL6WzLPg5dw:1:89