Mulgrew so awful to Jeri Ryan she had to date Braga for protection

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Khan Harrison, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Then what will Jean-Luc do with his retirement?

2. NightJim

NightJim Captain Captain

Be incredibly happy with his new arrangement?

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

ABSOLUTELY.

Best of Both Worlds, heh..

4. Guy Gardener

I just laughed like Mutley from the Whackey Races.

Picard learnt in the final that he's going to marry Bev "briefly"... Forearmed with the foreknowledge is Jean-Luc going to avoid this waste of time union or build some better foundations to plant his nuptials into that will stand up to a natural red heads obstinace?

5. teacake

Natural red head? You told me her hair was fake!

6. Guy Gardener

Well that's the suspension of disbelief pickle... Just because Gates is wearing a wig, it doesn't mean that Beverly is.

Mulgrew was certainly wearing a wig, but was Janeway?

I just noticed that Beverly's middle name is the same as Gates' original Christian name.

Someone was frakking with her?

7. teacake

It's okay. I am sure Picard will not mind about poor Beverly wearing a wig, it's not like he isn't familiar with embarrassing hair loss.

And if you want to set him up with someone more interesting I'm afraid Deanna's ravishing locks don't cut it because she's an irritating numpty. How he could want either of them after Vash I don't know.. but thinking about it it's not like he's Mr. Fascinating either.

Actually the more I think about him the clearer it becomes that Picard is pretty dull. He certainly never made my top 100 Fictional Folk I'd like to Frak list.

Ugh, sipping that blasted tea in his ready room.. as he shows me some old pot and prattles on.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  8. Guy Gardener

Old man Picard?

He was, the character was 59 years old in Encounter at Farpoint.

We saw him full of spit and cum in Tapestry.

And as an adorable little dickens in Rascals.

I forget what happened in Violations, but the image of a not as yet completely bald Picard is seared inside me.

Oh, and Shinzon.

Shinzon chose to rape Dee over raping his older self, or Bev?

It's interesting from orange is the New Black (which is probably just the law black and white to the particular state) that Prisoners cannot give consent, and that any sexual act they are involved in is legally defined rape... Which is perhaps the inverse of when an absolute Monarch decides he wants a handful of human strange.

9. teacake

After Nemesis came out I felt so sorry for all the Picard fangirls. I mean, they had to think about it. It's not like there was hotness like in MU episodes when you meet your evil self.

10. Guy Gardener

Although how many steroids did Tom Hardy have to take until he could fit into those Bane trunks for Chris Nolan?

11. Katie O'Clare

Katie O'Clare Lieutenant Red Shirt

She did say on several occansions that she had to wear a wig, that neither the long hair nor the bob in later seasons were her actual hair. IIRC she said that the only time they used her hair without any hairpieces or wigs or whatever was in Workforce...

12. Brit

Brit Captain Captain

Do any of you guys read classic science fiction? Robert A Heinlein wrote "_All You Zombies_" in 1958, it was published in 1959. I read it in 1960 when I was 13, made a lasting impression on me. I didn't get squicked.

http://faculty.uca.edu/rnovy/Heinlein--All you zombies.htm

13. Guy Gardener

My history teacher mentioned such a thing as "boat whores" in Roman times, but I would have thought that the tradition died out once it took less than a life time to get anywhere by sea.

I've read two of his larger books where he invents time travel to have sex with his mother on purpose.

A very troubled man.

14. teacake

I read Heinlein in high school. He was one of quite a few writers I tried to squeeze out what the big deal about them was but failed. The only one I liked was Podkayne of Mars which I read several times but when I picked it up last year I found it completely unreadable. Stranger and I Will Fear No Evil are very dated products of their time.

15. Brit

Brit Captain Captain

I liked early Heinlein, I think "I Will Fear No Evil" was the last of his books that I read. My favorite is "Door Into Summer." And yes I know some people are bothered by that one too. Once I discovered Science Fiction, I read just about everything I could get my hands on. It didn't surprise anyone that I was a Star Trek fan when that show came on the air.

16. Guy Gardener

Mulgrew was certainly wearing a wig, but was Janeway?

17. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

The only Heinlein I recall is...

We pray for one last landing

On the globe that gave us birth

Let us rest our eyes on the fleecy skies

And the cool, green hills of Earth.

I think that was my first attempt at fanfic, finishing off that poem.

18. teacake

Of course Janeway isn't wearing a wig, she is PERFECTION. Nothing about her is artificial, she is 100% real.

Where is that Heinlein from JRulez, that is sweet.

19. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

All this talk about whether characters are wearing wigs is silly. No one ever wonders if Chakotay was wearing a real tattoo, or one out of a cereal box.

20. Guy Gardener

Chakotays Tattoo is not real.

Well, at least it's not the same tattoo he started with.

It was "removed from plain sight" in Futures end.

Does that mean Make Up, changing the molecular structure of the ink under his skin, or removing the ink under his skin and healing the scars with a dermal regenerator?

If either of the final two options were tapped, his story about how he got his tattoo would have suddenly have changed from "inbred backward hybrid space Indians hiding in a rubber forest", to "Our EMH knocked it out in 20 seconds".

Dude flushed his ancestry down the toilet to pass for a caveman in Venice Beach.

It's comparable to losing decades of sobriety after one bad night for an Alcoholic working the program.