FINAL POLL - November Challenge - The Spin-Off!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Ptrope, Dec 1, 2013.

?

Which show will YOU be watching this fall?

Poll closed Dec 3, 2013.
  1. Admiral2

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  2. B.J.

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. Ensign Ro-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Klaus

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. Ptrope

10 vote(s)
    32.3%
  6. Shawnster

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  7. The Lensman

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  1. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

"I'll buy that for a dollar!"

Imagine some network executive saying that after watching a half-dozen pilots and hearing a half-dozen pitches, and you're close to The Lensman's November challenge: conceive a Star Trek spin-off series, for a character who has appeared in the actual show. It has to be a concept that could conceivably be bought and produced by a network, not just a pie-in-space idea that sounds great, but wouldn't have a chance in Talos IV of being considered, let alone picked up. And it couldn't have "Star Trek" in the title (not even as an anagram? ;) I always wanted to see Rat Krest!).

We wined and dined The Powers That Be, trying to convince them that this was the Next Big Thing, and after many late hours and a few too many bottles of cheap champagne, they agreed to a slate of possibilities - now, we need you, our focus group, to tell us what you'd like to see next fall on the small(ish) screen:

===========================

Admiral2

[​IMG]

---------
    B.J.

[​IMG]

---------
    Ensign Ro-

[​IMG]

---------
    Klaus

[​IMG]

---------
    Ptrope

[​IMG]

---------
    Shawnster

[​IMG]

---------
    The Lensman

[​IMG]

==================================================

Don't change that channel! You've got 2 days to vote with your remote!

2. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Man, you people make this tough!

I always wanted to see "The Lower Decks" as a series (frankly, I still think if Archer had been an ensign rather than a captain, ENT would've made a whole lot more sense ;) ), so Shawnster's is definitely appealing. Anything with Samuel T. Cogley has to be a hoot, too, and The Lensman just bumped it up with a couple of the hottest women in Starfleet. But I've always thought Vash was a sultry, sexy and smart vixen, so B.J. sold me his series, for sure ;) (Vash definitely makes me a "merry man!")

3. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

I don't get Ptrope's.

I like Lensman's artwork better, but Ptrope's poll question made me pick Klaus'.

4. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Well, it wouldn't be the first time I've stumped the room ... ;)

5. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

^ Well, I thought it was funny. I'm sure the toy company would sue the network's a$$ if they tried it, though! ;)

Had to vote for The Lensman, but let's be honest, I'd probably watch them all! :lol:

6. BK613

BK613 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Lincoln Logs! A half-hour sit-com in the Bewitched! vein? I could see NBC doing that! :lol:

7. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lensman won my vote with his classic lowe decks type Strange New Worlds. Maming it Starlog #1 sealed the deal for me.

8. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

So, all of these are fun ideas, so I decided to choose based on the merits of the art itself... the design and the exhibition of Photoshop skills (or GIMP or whatever... you know what I mean!)

For me, that whittled it down to Ptrope and The Lensman, but in the end, I went with Ptrope, as the title of Lincoln Logs and the whole vintage set-up was just too perfect!

This was a fun one! I love to have more than two or three to choose from! Thanks to all of you for getting something done and out there!

--Alex

9. Ensign Ro-

Ensign Ro- Commander Red Shirt

Yeah, I had to go with Ptrope's entry. Think he nailed it. :-)

10. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

Great entries all around this month! Congrats to Ptrope for taking the win! :)

11. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Thanks, The Lensman, and thanks to everyone who voted - ya pulled me out of last place! :D.

Thanks to everyone who participated and voted - this one was fun and every entry was a great idea. Ahhh, the things we'll never see ...

Honestly, I don't even know what to do for the next challenge, but I'll do my best to have something up within 24 hours :bolian:.

12. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Congrats Ptrope :D

13. Finn

I don't still get it.

I know the episode, and the toy (I watched it, and played with the Lincoln Logs)

14. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Perhaps you're missing the play-on-words? You're familiar with the toy (which is the play-on-words here), but the intended definition in the title is Log = Diary or Journal. Hence, a show about Ms. Lincoln's "Logs".

15. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Lincoln's Log, December 31, 1969: A decade comes to an end...."

16. Finn

Just checked the episode's imdb page. It was her name. Yeah, I get it now. I hadn't realized her last name was Lincoln. I just remember the actress on that show, not the last name.

I'm obviously not a TOS person.

All hail TNG! Holy be the Picard!

That's probably the most dorky thing I had said in ages if not ever.