Faith Salie recalls her role as Sarina Douglas

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by toughlittleship, Oct 6, 2012.

1. toughlittleship

toughlittleship Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wait, this is the same Faith Salie that is a regular panelist on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me? Holy cow I did not know that. :eek:

3. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Interesting read. Thanks for posting!

4. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I know quite a few people here hate the Jack Pack, but I've always liked them. One of the reason I like them is precisely because of the the musical number they did in Chrysalis. I'm glad Faith found the experience memorable.

5. Ln X

Ln X Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I wanted to kill myself in that moment, Star Trek and singing do not go well together unless it Vic Fontaine who CAN sing and CAN pull out some decent numbers.

The episode was saved by Faith Salie's acting, I found it pretty amazing how she can switch from being virtually comatose to vibrant young woman. Plus she has a nice dimple on her chin...

6. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes it is. I didn't make the connection until I looked up Sarina while reading Zero Sum Game earlier this year (the Jack Pack episodes were from a period when I wasn't regularly watching DS9 in college).

I was surprised, as well, to find out that I'd been listening to her on Wait, Wait for a few years without knowing her Star Trek connection. Wait, Wait really downplays her actor credentials.

7. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

She was also pretty funny on a short-lived comedy improv. show called Significant Others. It is worth checking out if you enjoy her work.

8. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, when she was on I thought she was a political contributor (And they said she's a contributor to CBS Sunday Morning). It's been a while since I've seen the Jack Pack episodes, but all this time I never thought she was the same woman who played Sabrina.

9. NrobbieC

NrobbieC Commander Red Shirt

I hate Vic and his outdate music.

I thought the scene where Serena starts singing has so much heart, it's a lovely moment.

10. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Vic's pretty good. The only time he really got on my nerves was in His Way when he's singing for half the episode.

11. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Interesting. I knew they made her audition again for "Chrysalis", but I didn't know she actually had lines that were cut from "Statistical Probabilities".

This seriously makes we wonder if they actually could've done a musical episode on one of the shows. Before you lob something at me, just remember, you probably would've had the same reaction to the idea of a "Buffy" musical at one point.

12. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

I didn't know she was on Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me. I listen to that show all the time and I never noticed.

13. Fastwalker

Fastwalker Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

14. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

I love Vic.