"In The Pale Moonlight" Line-by-Line

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by LeadHead, Jan 31, 2012.

1. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Hi there!

We've recently concluded our "Body and Soul" Line-by-line over in the Voyager forum.

After each completed thread, I'm randomly picking someone who participated to choose the next episode we do. The lucky winner this time around was BlueStuff! And BlueStuff has selected "In The Pale Moonlight" to be our next Line bye line conquest! So, get ready for Romulans, Political Intrigue, Long Personal Log entries and Garak!

For any unfamiliar with our "game," you are asked to post only a single line (defined as one character speaking without interruption by another character) per message. You can post as often as you like, but someone else must post a line in between your posts.

As before, at the conclusion of this thread, I or my Emergency Medical Hologram, CoveTom (:rommie:) will pick someone at random from among all the participants to choose the next episode we do.

2. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Sisko is seated on a couch in his quarters, looking right at the viewers at home.

Sisko: Captain's Personal Log, Stardate: 5...1...7...er, 574? Computer, what day is it?

3. Alienesse

Alienesse Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

COMPUTER: Stardate 51721.3.

4. Vanyel

Vanyel The Imperious Leader Premium Member

Sisko: It's only been 2 weeks. I need to talk about this. I have to justify what's happened, what I've done...at least to myself. I can't talk to anyone else...not even to Dax. Maybe if I just lay it all out in my log, it'll finally make sense. I can see where it all went wrong...where I went wrong. I suppose it started 2 weeks ago while I was posting the weekly casualty list in the Wardroom. Every Friday morning for the past 3 months I've posted the official list of Starfleet personnel killed, wounded or missing in the war. It's become something of a grim ritual around here. Not a week goes by that someone doesn't find the name of a loved one, a friend or an acquaintance on that damned list. I've grown to hate Friday's.

Who is it Dax?

5. Alienesse

DAX: Leslie Wong.

6. BlueStuff

BlueStuff Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

SISKO: The skipper of the Cairo?

7. Alienesse

DAX: She was an instructor at the Academy when I was a sophomore.

8. BlueStuff

BlueStuff Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

BASHIR: Do you know what happened to the Cairo?

9. Alienesse

SISKO: Just that she disappeared on patrol in the Romulan neutral zone. I'll look into it.

10. Admiral Shran

Admiral Shran Admiral Admiral

DAX: Don't bother. I'm sure it's the same old story. The Jem'Hadar crossed the Romulan border and caught them by surprise. It's only about the hundredth time it's happened.

11. Brian

Brian Vice Admiral Admiral

BASHIR: I can't believe the Romulans allow them to violate their territory so brazenly. Why do they get away with it?

12. Admiral Shran

SISKO: The Romulans have a treaty of non-aggression and friendship with the Dominion, so they're willing to turn a blind eye to almost anything in the name of friendship.

13. Alienesse

BASHIR: What we need is to bring the Romulans into the war on our side. With the combined forces of the Federation, the Klingons and the Romulans we could finally go on the offensive.

14. Admiral Shran

DAX: That's the last thing the Romulans want. Think about it. They're in the perfect position. They get to sit back and watch as their biggest rivals slug it out in a long, bloody war. No one's threatening their interests. Why should they risk their necks? There's simply no reason for them to get involved in our war. No reason at all.

15. Alienesse

SISKO [OC]: That was the moment I made the decision. It was like I had stepped through a door and locked it behind me. I was going to bring the Romulans into the war.

[Captain's office]

SISKO: It's in their own best interest to join the war, that's the key. That's the reason the Romulans will finally take action. Not to do us any favours, but to protect themselves from the Dominion.

16. Admiral Shran

DAX: Okay. Let's say I'm the Romulan Proconsul. From where I'm sitting, the Dominion isn't a threat to me. I have a non-aggression pact with them. They're my allies.

17. Alienesse

SISKO: You're not going to put your faith in some piece of paper, are you?

18. Admiral Shran

DAX: Not at all. I've been watching them very closely since the beginning of the war, and so far, they've kept their part of the bargain.

19. Brian

Brian Vice Admiral Admiral

SISKO: They're violating your territory almost every day. What kind of an ally is that?

20. Alienesse

DAX: So they're crossing my backyard to give the Federation a bloody nose. I can't say that makes me very sad.