Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bird of Prey

Bird of Prey Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Total from one toon, or a combination of toons? I really need to start Doffing more on my other toons.

2. Trek

Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That's across 5 toons. Today's totals ended up being:

Riku - 5385
    Sh'rrth - 3970
    Foxton - 3495
    Lex - 3035
    Zylah - 4515

Total - 20400

About 15,000 of this is from Doff missions. The rest is a combination of Academy tests, Satilite Repairs and Kerret Runs.

If I could keep that pace I'd have enough dilithium for the DS9 set in 20 days.

3. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This doesn't seem to be working. Any way you can dumb it way down for me? Or maybe there is a different way to take pictures of screens?

4. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Press "Print Screen".
    Quit game.
    Open up your screenshots folder.

Alternately;

In your chat box, in-game, type: /screenshot and press Enter.
    Quit Game.
    Open your screenshots folder.

5. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

also, if you have it through Steam like me, it's F12
    and when you exit the game it'll show you the screens from your last session and you can upload them to your Steam profile or view them on your computer etc
    with the default keybinds the Steam screenshot key is also the STO rearrange HUD hotkey :p . . . so hide the HUD with Shift+F12

6. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It all sounds like witchcraft!

7. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

It is quite the source of witchery, it is!

8. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

You can also open Wordpad, Word or Paint (or almost any office program). When you press Print Screen, switch to the program you opened and hit Paste. This is a low tech work around. Using the screenshot folder is still your best option.

9. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

had a good laugh tonight guys... same time tomorrow night? lol

M

10. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

Sounds like you've got the dilithium mining down to a science. What rate are you trading it for or are you just holding it for now?

11. Trek

Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm holding off for now. I'd like to see it drop to around 200 before I buy and I've got plenty more mining to do before I need to convert it anyway (I'd be tempted to spend if I converted it now).

I did discover last night that you can complete the Kerret mission in around 5 mins if you hop instances. That's a potential return of 172380 dilithium per hour! (but would get really boring, really quickly.:))

12. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Anyone here had luck beating the option objectives on the Khitomer or Infected STF ground missions? I never even get close. It took a long time to beat the optional objective on the Khitomer space mission, but I finally did.

(Only at Normal Difficulty; beyond that seems impossible).

13. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, in part. Khitomer is easy.
    It just depends on quickly taking out the big room asap and people knowing how to blow the generators.
    Infected is a different matter. Never succeeded there.
    You have to kill all Borg very fast, and be at exactly the right spots at the right moment.
    The workers assimilating the officers are triggered by proximity and aggro in the rooms while the whole optional is on a 15 minute timer. There is no margin for error at all.

14. syberghost

syberghost Commander Red Shirt

STO official forums community moderator emeritus
    Yeah, Gozer's goals on the STF optionals were pretty specific:

1) Takes an actively-participating group...
    2) ...who know what they're doing
    3) Most people will never get it

It's intended to be something special for people who put in the time and the research.

15. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

As the stupid loot system makes based on how you roll :scream:

16. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Maybe we should have a TrekBBS fleet run through of the Khitomer mission sometime soon. I'm tired of playing with inexperienced players who don't know what to do (keeping in mind that I managed to fuck up The Cure space mission a few times before I figured out what to do).

17. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

I'd be up for it, been running plenty of STFs lately. Usually put a call out for TrekBBS members before I go into the EliteSTF channel. Played with Daizen a bunch of times...

KA Space Elite has been my focus at the moment, in the vain attempt to try and get another piece of the MK XII set...

18. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Basically, you have to split up your team. Two take care of the workers and save the redshirt, while the other three deal with the other drones, especially the heavies.
    And yes, you have to move very fast. It is perfectly doable, though. I succeed all the time when I run IGE with my fleet.

Some dedicated people actually made a very nice map that shows all the trigger lines (red) among other things.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg582/Naldoran/Star Trek Online/Cropped_Infected-1.jpg

Never cross any of those lines unless you're about to charge into the next room.

Here's a vid of on of our runs, so you can get an idea on how to do it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=URyOfosGk1g

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  19. syberghost

syberghost Commander Red Shirt

STO official forums community moderator emeritus
    Now that that's out, you might wanna move fast; Cryptic practically invented the concept of changing a raid to defeat widely-publicized methods of winning. They used to change Hamidon every few months to shake up raid strategy.

If everybody is avoiding those lines, Gozer will move them, or change the trigger.

20. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

That, was why I gave up on Hamidon. The rewards, while good, wasn't enough to make up for the frustration of figuring out the encounter again and again and again. Then again, I don't play Cryptic games for raid encounters, I had EverQuest for that. No, I play Cryptic games because of the stories they can tell. CoH, CoV, CO all had pretty interesting stories, but sadly the stories in STO are just not up to par with what Cryptic has done in other games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.