Smallville: 10x07 "Harvest" - Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Oct 29, 2010.

?

Grade the episode:

1. Superman! (Excellent)

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  2. The Blur (Good)

10 vote(s)
    38.5%
  3. Clark Kent, Mild-Mannered (Average) Reporter

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  4. Kal (Bad)

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  5. Supermope (Terrible)

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

As a casual viewer of the series in the past I always liked Allison. But the actual character of Chloe has been written very inconsistent. She has been either spouting awkward plot exposition or playing out whatever random gimmick the writers had saddled her with. Like being a meteor freak or being possessed by Brainiac , or whatever.

Her absence has certainly simplified things.

2. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I am glad they didn't add anyone to the main cast this season.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I agree. While I am not yet sold on this version of Darkseid, this approach has had a great benefit of not having a new "Big Bad" as main cast member.

Both Davis Bloome/Doomsday and Zod where diluted by overexposure. They had to be function as the main villain of those seasons but also as supporting cast members. Appearing in many episodes to justify their presence. But only resulted in their arcs being too drawn out and taking time from other cast members.

Better to save the Darkseid characters to episodes that actually further those episodes. So that the so called "filler episodes" can focus on the other characters.

4. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Nice to see you back nx.

5. Marten

Marten Captain Captain

I've always liked Chloe, so I can't agree with you there. For me, she is as much Smallville as Clark.

6. Electric Coleslaw

Electric Coleslaw Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I didn't mind this episode. The "cult" townspeople thing was a bit contrived but since it was a Halloween episode, I let it pass.
    I did think they should have made a bigger deal out of Clark saving Lois from the fire even though he had no powers. Also, it would have been more impressive had he flown up in the sky with Lois rather than just zipping away at super speed.

7. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Clark flying would have been cool. :sigh:

8. Electric Coleslaw

Electric Coleslaw Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hell, he could have even just done a leap tall buildings in a single bound jump move. Flying up to the heaven would have impressed those people a lot more. Oh well.