How I Met Your Mother: The Final Season

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by ryan123450, Sep 2, 2013.

1. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hope nobody minds me starting a new thread for this season. Since it is the final one I figured we should have an official thread. We're three weeks from the One-Hour Season Premiere!

I'm really excited for this. After years of people saying they wish they'd just reach the end, I really hate to see it go. I've always enjoyed the ride and never wanted it to wrap up. Now that it is though, I'm glad that it's going out in epic fashion.

A very moving Final Season promo, Who Will Ruin the Wedding?:
    http://www.cbs.com/shows/fall-previ...how-i-met-your-mother-s-final-season-premiere

And in case anyone missed it, Ted's Kids Like You've Never Seen Them Before!:
    http://www.cbs.com/shows/how_i_met_...0DFEB2/how-i-met-your-mother-ted-s-kids-like-

I can't wait for the final slap! And this will be one of those emotional series finales for me where I have to work hard not to let anyone see a grown man cry over a tv show. :rommie:

2. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

God.. i totally forgot about the final slap! :lol::lol:

Maybe Marshall will ask the slap bet commissioner if he can slap some sense into Ted ;)

The Kids Promo was awesome.. it shows the producers are aware that they have overstayed a bit and are able to ridicule themselves, not a bad sign.

As i've said many times the show went on for too long but now that the end is in sight i hope we can get an awesome season out of it with a brilliant end. The mother is very cute and i also hope she is as quirky and interesting as she was always described.

Definitely looking forward to this season.

3. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Ah, would have been nice to see the old thread come full circle since it started 5 years ago with a simple question... Should Barney and Robin get into a relationship? A new thread isn't a big deal though. Who would have imagined back then that they'd not only get into a relationship, but that a big part of the show would revolve around it with the final season dedicated to their wedding? I didn't see that coming and I can't wait. They've injected some new energy into the show with a new format and more importantly, they're including the mother. Very clever how they're managing to include her for a full season without Ted actually meeting her. I'm especially looking forward to the inevitable episodes that redo earlier ones, but from her perspective.

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm extremely excited for the final season, and I'll be crushed when the show ends... I am concerned about this "the entire season takes place over one day" thing, though. I know it's just the framing device, but it still sounds like it's going to be stretched thin...

5. ryan123450

Another promo tonight showed Lily talking with TGWTYU on the train ride. I never thought about the fact that she can meet everyone else but Ted over the course of the season.

6. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I know this theory is hardly original, but when I heard it I really liked it. I'm going to say this now, I'm going to say that the Mother turns out to be the girl from Love Solutions that was a perfect match for Ted, but he threw that away to hook up with Robin.

In fact wouldn't it be funny to find out that every time Ted was getting close to meeting the Mother it was ruined because he ended up with Robin again? Would be a nice way for the writers to show that Robin was holding Ted back all along, despite him not believing it that way.

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Robin is Ted's Impossible Girl?

Is there any chance in the not too distant future that Maria Hill is going to cross swords with Doctor Horrible?

8. Agent Richard07

The big reveal...

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0mronoPszI[/yt]

9. ryan123450

Only two weeks left. There's a preview of the season premiere online, but I haven't watched it yet. Maybe someone can find a link?

10. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

While anything is possible, the show prides itself on continuity. Love Solutions took place in 2005. The economics class (that we know the Mother was at) took place in 2009, four years later. The St Patrick's Day party with the yellow umbrella takes place in 2008. We aren't sure how old the Mother is, but because she's in college in 2009 (but old enough to be in a club in 2008), chances are she was too young to be using the matchmaking service in 2005.

FWIW, the actress Cristin Milioti is 28, and would have been 20 in 2005 and 24 in 2009. Josh Radnor is 39, but the character of Ted Mosby is 35.

Rachel Bilson (the roommate of the Mother, who Ted briefly dates) is 32 in real life, and Cindy was a graduate student in 2010. Presumably she's close to the Mother's age, since they are roommates.

11. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

Well I'm 28 and in college, some people take their time...:p;)

12. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

That awkward moment when you identified with Ted Mosby most of the time and then go "Meh..." when you see the mother. ;)

13. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Too pretty for you?

14. ryan123450

My first reaction wasn't that she was too pretty. I'll leave it at that though and wait until we get to know her and see her for longer than it takes to say one sentence.

15. ThunderAeroI

ThunderAeroI Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"Simple Song by The Shins", I cant get enough of this song for some reason. Its almost as catchy as Mr. Taxi

16. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Well I think she's gorgeous, myself.

17. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

Seconded.

18. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

Agreed.

19. Agent Richard07

Bring it!

[​IMG]

I also see that the 200th episode is called "How Your Mother Met Me". Source

20. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

But will she be the only woman in the universe that Barney didn't sleep with?