What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

bought Civilization: Beyond Earth in the stream sale and already put 12 hours in to it.

2. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Pokémon OR and AS. Been hooked on them lately, they're really fun. Been neglecting some of my other games due to them :lol:. Have to check up on Tomodachi Life.

3. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, it's a fun game, but nothing spectacular. I got bored with it and gave up halfway through, but I got my money's worth.

4. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I got it a few months ago for $5. Its enough fun that I'll beat it. I don't play many FPS's, so its a nice change of pace while I'm waiting for my recently ordered copy of Dragon Age Inquisition (for PS3) to arrive.

5. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Ditto :)

6. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Really enjoying it as a player of the first Modern Warfare through to MW3 and Black Ops (and getting extremely bored of the franchise). A real boost to the series with the Exo suit, a good blend of guns with just the right amount of futuristic weaponry, great maps and brilliant graphics on the PS4.

7. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

Finished Xenoblade Chronicles last night, clocking in at about 180 hours in the end. :eek: Amazing game, I can't believe they were able to pack so much into a Wii game. Can't wait for Xenoblade Chronicles X - hopefully it comes out in 2015 like it's supposed to.

I've got Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS) on the go and I'm almost done that one too. Also Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (3DS virtual console).

Plus the usual here and there of Smash Bros and Mario Kart.

8. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Dragon Age: Inquisition (XBONE).

9. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I finished Bulletstorm. It was fun enough, but it had a sequel bait ending, which was funny because (while it was decent), it really doesn't seem like something that was going to get a sequel. Nw I'll probably just play around with Minecraft or finish up some stuff in arkham Origins while waiting for my copy of Dragon Age Inquisition to arrive.

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Randomly decided to replay Uncharted 3.

I WANT THE NEW ONE TO COME OUT!

11. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah me too. :D

12. Mr_Homn

Mr_Homn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

started replaying star trek judgment rites.

such a classic...

[​IMG]

13. Lakenheath 72

Lakenheath 72 Commodore Commodore

I recently played Eragon. I liked the ground combat; however, the aerial combat became worse as the game neared its end. When it became time for the final boss battle, I felt that I was flying a badly maneuvering prop plane against a jet plane. Worse, I was dog fighting in clouds. Ugh.

I am now playing Open Season, a kid's game that I am enjoying.

14. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Haven't played anything in a while. Did run through Far Cry 4 recently but it's a serious rehash of its predecessor. For all the complaints of the "mighty whitey" storyline in FC3 it did serve up a story with the player going from frat boy to hardened killer by the end. FC4 can't be bothered and serves up a half-assed villain for the cryptic hero to depose. While story isn't everything when it comes to gaming the lack of it really makes it feel as if you've done all this before. That said, FC4 does refine and hone the gameplay of FC3 and offers lots of "stuff" to do but the wrapper just isn't very compelling.

On a different note I set up my niece with a copy of Day of the Tentacle and have had a lot of fun reliving it seeing her have fun with a game I loved 20 years ago. It really has held up well with time, using the then-new CD-ROM technology to hold hilarious voice work instead of crappy FMVs was a good decision of the part of LucasArts. It's amazing that this can now be run on a tablet, never would've dreamt that 20 years ago.

15. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Beat FC4, and am now playing CoD: Advanced Warfare. Pretty cool game. Love the cutscenes. Action in the game tends to be chaotic to the point of "where in the hell did that guy come from?!" My favorite weapon (when I can find it) is the EM1 with Target Enhancement system.

16. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just got into the Heroes of the Storm beta, so I'll be playing that this weekend. I've never played a MOBA before, but Blizzard knows how to make their games accessible. It should be fun.

I also intend to pick up Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker tomorrow, so lots of gaming this weekend.

17. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I played ep 1 of Tales From the Borderlands last night and I absolutely loved it.

18. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I think I'm gonna pick up Lego Batman 3 this afternoon. I think I would enjoy playing that all night long.

19. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Does it work well on its own or should you play Borderlands first? I've been curious about it but I haven't played the main games.

20. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

It works just fine on its own.