Most Obnoxious: Neelix or Phlox?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Obi Wana Jones, Feb 2, 2009.

1. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

I thought you were being serious so I guess the joke is on me! ;)

2. JustKate

JustKate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wasn't serious about Mother Earth, but I was about giving up wine for Lent. I am really looking forward to Easter - even the communion wine (I figured that was OK with God) this evening tasted reeeeeeally good, and my church uses crappy wine. At least I would have said so six weeks ago. I better be getting more spiritual, dang it!

3. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

Did you make it? If so, I'm officially in awe!

4. Johnhead99

Johnhead99 Commander Red Shirt

Phlox. I actually enjoyed Neelix quite a bit. Ethan is a great actor. Mortal Coil was a fantastic episode.

5. JustKate

JustKate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Except for a little taste of communion wine here or there (which I still maintain doesn't count), I made it - I went wineless for six weeks, although I didn't go whineless.

Actually, it wasn't that bad. (It also wasn't that good, mind you! ;) ) Usually for Lent I instead pick something I want to concentrate on doing instead of giving something up - you know, "be nicer to people" or something like that. Which is great and a nice positive idea, but which is also really hard to measure. So it was satisfying to have a measurable goal and to reach it. I might even do it again next year.

But yeah, that wine tasted really goooood on Sunday! Maybe that's part of the idea behind giving something up?

Back on topic: I agree, Johnhead, that Ethan Phillips is a good actor. Still didn't care much for Neelix, though. He was just such an annoying character, but then again, I think he was kind of supposed to be. I think he was also supposed to sort of grow on the audience, as he apparently did with the crew, but I can't say it worked out that way for me.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009