The Orion Union

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by F. King Daniel, Oct 10, 2013.

1. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Or, perhaps, simply misunderstand the argument? "I don't regard those women as Orion" does seem a rather definite statement, even if it's not exactly the same as saying "They must not be Orions.".

2. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  3. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Must've been Brits. Can't believe they didn't go with Yvonne Craig or Susan Oliver Look-a-likes :klingon: ;))

4. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

5. Brutal Strudel

Brutal Strudel Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

True, and thanks for being the voice of reason. I should make it clear: I know they are supposed to be Orion and expect the vast majority of fans to see them as such. I'm just throwing out a friendly--and, I hoped, fun--dissenting view. And, like I said, I see no reason why many Trek humanoids can't have green skin, just as the range of human skin tones is reflected in Bajorans, Vulcans, Klingons etc.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  6. Sandoval

Sandoval Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What relevance is their religion?

Were these Muslims Americans, British, French, Canadian or so on?

Or is this the tiresome confusion that "Muslim" is a racial term encompassing people from certain countries in the Middle East?

7. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

She appears in A Choice of Futures, which I just read. Had no idea/forgotten she was the Orion in "The Time Trap" Though I thought she might be a previously encountered character.