STO Trek BBS Fleet

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by aelius, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Took care of it.

2. Kaziarl

Kaziarl Commodore Commodore

Still thinking about that video, and have been snagging footage here and there. Another song possability is Lux Aeterna

any opinions from the rest of you? They are more then welcome.

3. mackula

mackula Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'd like to join! My contact is below.

This has been a blast so far. Frustrating for a newbie in MMO's, but I've been able to piece together guides of some sort from forum posts and some of the few STO web sites for Skills, Equipment, etc.

DiNozzo@Mackula

or Di Nozzo@Mackula

Not sure if the space is accepted.

4. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Oh holy crap, I haven't been on STO in a very long time, just recently (this past weekend) i've gotten back into playing, and now i'm leveling up, slowly. LtC4 right now, sportin a Constitution class Cruiser.

So what do we do in a fleet? I'm a member, but I only ever see a handful of people on at a time?

5. Angelsilhouette

Angelsilhouette Lieutenant Red Shirt

No Nebula class ships, despite many many people begging for/demanding them.

6. starrchild

starrchild Captain Captain

Oooo oooo! I want to join the BBS Fleet! (I feel like the little sister bugging the big brother to let her play). :D

Hadn't played too long, but here's my info:

Riis Temma@NikeVictory
    ship: U.S.S. Prophet's Grace

(playing a female Bajoran; only a Lt. so far)

7. Excelsior

Excelsior Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Been playing for about a week, now - suffice to say, STO rawks. :bolian:

Can't get over how much Trek-tastic stuff there is to see and do - the team at Cryptic clearly know (and love) their Trek! Just went and bought the Prometheus bridge pack from the C-Store, because it looks so freakin' awesome - I'm still at Lt.8, so it'll be a while before I get to use it, but when I do, dayum...

I'd like to join the fleet, if there's room - if for no other reason that a group of Trek fans is more likely to have an appropriately 'canon'-looking fleet uniform and name (no day-glo body armour and 'xXAss-Kickers Fleet1272Xx' for me, thanks!).

My details:

Character@Handle: Shepherd@Commander_Shepherd

Current Rank: Lieutenant 8

Current Ship: USS Endeavour, NCC-101700 (Constitution class)

My character's mugshot (looks better in-game - as opposed to the 'sucking lemons' look here):

[​IMG]

8. Timelord Victorious

I've started to use the new Memory Alpha crafting system... I like it muuuuch more now. :bolian:

Since I'm already at RA level I'm creating a lot of stuff i don't really need anymore to get to (for me) interesting stuff.
    I dumped the "junk" into the fleet bank, if anybody is interested.

Although "junk" is the wrong word for a LC. It's rare (blue) Plasma Snipers and a Plasma array.

I thought about putting them on the exchange to get more money for more resources, but i figured most LCs won't be able to spent as much money on items like this anyway.

So the fleet should benefit from it.

In case you do the same we can do away with the real junk in the fleet bank soon and only put rare items in there.

Imagine getting promoted from LT to LC and getting powerful blue items right from the start... for free basically!

9. aelius

aelius Commander Red Shirt

Very cool Thingol, I am sure the Fleet will get good use out of the blues in the bank.
    To anyone wanting to join the fleet, send me or Thingol a PM with your character name and cryptic handle as you have posted here and we will invite you. I ask for the PM so I will know if anyone who posted in the thread has not gotten in already.
    I have been busy with RL stuff lately and hope to be able to pay a little more attention to the fleet in the near future.
    see you around the galaxy...

10. Kaziarl

Kaziarl Commodore Commodore

How are things in the Alpha Quadrant these days? Didn't have the funds at the end of last month, so not sure whats been changed if anything.

11. Excelsior

Just out of curiosity, what does the Fleet Uniform look like? Think I saw it in the Screenshot thread, but can't find the exact images - it's based on Uniform B 03, as I recall...

Also, I realise that I buried my character/handle in mountains of rambling text before, so I'm reposting them below, for clarity's sake! ;)

Here it is again:

Shepherd@Commander_Shepherd

12. aelius

aelius Commander Red Shirt

/\ See post #82 on page 6 for directions and a picture of the fleet uniform.

13. Excelsior

Thanks! :bolian:

Good idea, posting the specifications - consistency like that is crucial to making uniforms look, well... erm... ...uniform! ;)

14. STR

STR Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My fleet has taken a hiatus for a couple of weeks. If you need an extra guy, hit me up at j.t.@s-t-r

Beaten every mission except the new Undine STF. Got wads of purple loot (not that such stuff is that hard to collect, just saying) and a very good understanding of game mechanics.

In the chat box type "/screenshot_jpg" without the quotes.

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  15. Angelsilhouette

Angelsilhouette Lieutenant Red Shirt

That happened when I was having problems with my nvidia drivers. (Long, painful process. Suffice it to say I'm going ATI the next time I upgrade.)

Taking screens would usually get me a black jpg but sometimes I would get a clear pic. Then if I took another screenshot if it weren't black, it would duplicate the 1 clear picture instead of taking a screen of what I wanted.

16. oxym'ron

oxym'ron Ensign Red Shirt

please add me flatua@james452
    thanks

17. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Is the TrekBBS Fleet still active? What is it called?

I dropped out a while ago, and joined another fleet, but the fleet I joined has sucked, no one is hardly ever online and we never do anything.

Since I'm a very active member of this forum, I am wondering if the TrekBBS fleet in STO is also very active, how many people are on at a time? Are there fleet missions and such? I may be interested in rejoining. I'm a RA5 in the game.

18. Timelord Victorious

not as active as I wish. Most of the times I log in these days i'm the only fleet member there. But then again I am in the middle of europe and don't exactly play at American prime time very often... ;)
    The fleet is called TrekBBS Armada. PM me in the game, I'll give you an invite next time I log in.

I play as Thafool@Timelord_Victorious and Syusaza@Timelord_Victorious.

19. Excelsior

Hey, Thingol - I've sent you a PM in-game requesting to join the Armada - haven't joined a fleet yet as I wanted to join one with Trek-minded players, rather than the usual MMO crowd! ;)

(That is, of course, if the rest of the fleet doesn't mind me cramping their style - "there goes the neighbourhood" and all that...!)

Btw, what time zone are you in? I'm in the UK, so I'm using GMT/UTC, and playing in mostly-sociable hours (although I've been known to let off some steam after doing a late gig, around 3-4am! ;) ) - in case you're ever up for some PvP and need someone playing at more Euro-centric hours! I know what you mean about the timings issue - with so many STO players being based in the USA, it's noticeable that game traffic spikes by the end of the day (going by GMT, obviously).

20. Timelord Victorious

Invites are done... Tell, me if you received it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.