Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

I've liked Thunderbolts since Soule's run started, but I'm not surprised that its ending.

As for female Thor, it sounds stupid, but Thor hasn't had a good solo comic since JMS's awesome run ended anyway. Thor related characters have had some good stuff, like Journey Into Mystery until it ended, but I could never get into the three Thor book. The young and old versions were just annoying and pointless. I'd really like a good Thor solo book again. This is just another stupid gimmick, possibly because they don't think a Thor solo book will do well. We just got the real Spider-Man back, but now they're rule 63ing Thor :cardie:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  2. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Ms. Marvel #6:

The good: Wolverine team up!
    The Bad: The artwork isn't as good as the first five issues :(

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Was that guy in the Mosque quoting Kung Fu Panda?

4. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I've never seen Kung Fu Panda so I have no idea.

5. Guy Gardener

It's an old quote, not Buddah old, but it was recently used in Kung Fu Panda. So a child might think it's from King Fu panda and someone with Google will see that it's from a lot of places from at least century before Jack Black breathed life into Kung Fu Panda.

On Defiance last week the villain quoted an ancient and wise philosopher who turned out to be Christian Skater's character from Heathers.

Or what about on Seinfeld when George started talking about he mysticism of Katra's which Jerry assumed was inscrutible Eastern Philosophy because he had never paid all that much attention to Search for Spock too carefully?

I saw a comedy once, might have been Misfits, but while this guy is breaking up with a girl he uses the maxim "With great power comes great responsibility" which she immediately recognized from Spider-Man II (the Movie) and belted him one in the chops.

New can fake it as quite sage and wise, but hell's bells, Toy Story quotes are now old enough to qualify sincerely as sage and wise unsarcastically.

6. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I believe it was Kramer who was talking about the Katra and then later on in the episode revealed that Search for Spock was his favorite.

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Original Sin #6: I really want to love this series, but nothing at all happened in this issue. At all.

I'm even further confused on the timing of this story because we see Cap and Iron Man happily working together in this issue, meanwhile in Avengers they're going to war with each other. Is this taking place BEFORE Cap remembers? Or did Cap remember at the eye bomb incident? Or does the future jaunt in Avengers leave them bestest friends again? But in New Avengers we see Tony with a busted up face warning the Illuminati that Cap is coming gunning for them, so when does THAT take place?

8. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

This sentiment is frequently said about an issue or two within any Marvel "event" series the last 7+yrs.

Add in that the event is likely to be useless by and large 18months later and it's why I just trade wait them, if I get them at all.

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I don't normally have that complaint. Series like Civil War... Secret Invasion... Siege... Avengers vs X-Men... these were event-filled events!

10. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Avengers Vs. X-Men was such a huge let down. At least Original Sin is interesting, if not that (*snicker*) original.

11. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

12. Guy Gardener

Oh frakk. Is Otto freejacking Stark now?

13. Admiral_Young

No. It's still Tony.

14. kirk55555

Well, I was really disappointed by the last Iron Man's books weird retcons, and it was just not very interesting, so I think I'll skip Superior Iron Man. I'll be also be skipping Captain America, just like I've skipped the last volume. I'll probably try Avengers NOW, just because I usually try Avengers books.

15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I loved AVSX. It was a big entertaining story with major, major changes to the Marvel U.

16. kirk55555

I thought AvsX was pretty good, too. Not my favorite event by any stretch, but much better than the last few Marvel had before it, and better than age of Ultron or the current Original Sin.

17. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Always baffled by the fans who treat these changes as if they are the end of history.

18. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

This just announced! Coming in late 2015! The third issue of Inhuman! JMad is hoping to have the cover done by then.

19. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:lol:

20. Admiral_Young

I'm really interested in Remender's "All New Captain America" but then I'm probably one of a handful that's enjoyed his run.

"Avengers Now" looks like it could be fun...not sure why they haven't released the creative team, I just assume Hickman is writing it. I like the roster, and I'm looking forward to "Superior Iron Man". Even though usually when Tony's ego gets the better of him, it doesn't work out.