Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Rounding out the cast: Burt Ward, Yvonne Craig, Chris O'Donnell, Alicia Silverstone and Morgan Freeman.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I don't think Broc's idea has room for any of the other supporting cast members, just the Batman actors themselves. :)

3. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

11 there must be.:p

4. Admiral_Young

^ Nah that's JacksonArcher's Oceans Eleven :)

5. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe a "bottle episode" type movie with those actors ala 12 Angry Men.

6. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Were "Fall Zitadelle" and "Operation Olympic" unavailable?

7. Admiral_Young

LOL. No I'm guessing they called it Autumn Frost due to the rights issue expiring in August 2012 or whenever it is. Hence Autumn Frost. It's a clever title...

8. Admiral_Young

9. Uxi

Uxi Commander Red Shirt

Superman has always been kind of boring because he's too powerful. You either use cunning, Kryptonite, or other Super-men. They've all been done in just about every useful way. I wouldn't ind seeing a modern take on the Superman vs Zod again but they always want to do an intro/reboot/origin which always stinks and they never get there. :D

10. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

Jesus. Which blog touts this oft parroted tripe? People need to stop reading it and start reading 75 years of Superman comics.

11. Admiral_Young

"Superman is boring because he's too powerful" is an old tiresome argument that has no merit if you actually read the comics. It is true that sometimes his powers limit story telling but in no means is he boring.

12. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Gotta save something for a sequel.

13. Bob Karo

Bob Karo Captain Captain

Magic.

14. Captain Mike

Captain Mike Commodore Commodore

That is what I always thought...they put the SUPER before the MAN. That is why I always enjoyed Byrne's run and subsequent writers back then. NO more juggling planets, there was only one piece or kind of Kryptonite on the planet, couldn't break the time barrier and he actually strained on lifting a great many things. wether he wore underwear, speedos or whatever you want to call them...;)

15. Admiral_Young

"Superman: The Animated" series depowered Clark rather significantly as did "Justice League" and "Justice League Unlimited" and each of these series are lauded for the most part by fans as being some of the best Superman stories of all time.

16. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Superman as divinely powerful doesn't really bother me.

On one hand, it's not like pushing planets around is any sillier, really, than utilizing minute-for-minute insolation to propel a 100kg guy at Mach 3. Both are impossible; can you have varying degrees of impossible?

On the other, a man who can fly at Mach 3, survive large conventional explosions, and lift 10 tons is not going to have a significantly greater problem punching out some some regular bald guy than a man who can fly at the speed of light, survive thermonuclear explosions, and lift 10^10 tons. So the "storytelling problems" are effectively identical, unless you pull Superman all the way down to Action Comics #1 levels, which is fun, but ironically places just as many limits on the kind of stories you can tell.

17. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

They turned Superman into too much of a wimp in JL season one and many fans were pissed.

18. Admiral_Young

^ I will admit that I've read that point before but from a vocal minority. The fans I've spoken with about it on other boards along with my own friends would disagree with that notion.

19. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Absolutely, yes. Impossible may be one thing, but ridiculous is the other thing.

20. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Much that is ridiculous is entirely possible.