The Parker Supremacy (ASM2 Oscorp anticipation laboratory)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gaith, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Just some random pic found online.

It's official: Webb's a-coming back.

Somehow, though, Stone wasn't signed to more than one movie. How is that even still done these days?! Oh well, I'm sure she'll be returning, also. And possibly Rhys also? Time will tell...

2. Trek4Ever

Trek4Ever Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Glad to hear that Webb is back for the sequel :D

3. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Is that a Spiderslayer? Because that would be awesome.

4. Gaith

^ Dunno, it's from some video game.

Electro'd be a great villain for the ASM feel. I approve.

5. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

It's an S-Bot from the video game tie-in, which takes place shortly after the end of the movie. The game was made by Beenox, the studio that developed Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions and Spider-Man: Edge of Time. I haven't played their first two efforts, but The Amazing Spider-Man is a lot of fun and the general critical consensus seems to be that it's the best of Beenox's Spidey games.

6. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh... no wonder I couldn't find this thread... :lol:

7. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Electro would be cool. I really want Mysterio though.

8. Gaith

9. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Sounds like a good pick to me. She was really good in The Descendants.

10. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Well, lets take this with a considerable gain of salt, as it seems to be largely speculation and not from an entirely reliable source (although they have had their moments), but could Sony be looking to liquidate assets, specifcally their entertainment division? Would the rights automatically revert to Marvel? Would Marvel/Disney get the first bid at the very least? Intriguing possibilities.

How would you want this to effect the sequel? Would you want Marvel to continue with this franchise, or decide to do their own thing?

11. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I can't imagine the Second Film wouldn't be declared as "In the Pipeline" and unaffected, unless it was to lead in or change the 3rd which they might be able to as "In the Pipeline" if they show proof of an intention to do a Trilogy.

rights, I don't believe usually transfer any sooner than 3 years after negotiations begin

12. Gaith

Hm... conceptually, I wouldn't mind Spidey sharing a universe with other superheroes, but I think that that should be seeded from the start. I guess one could say ASM precedes Thor, and thus could fit into the MCU without too much trouble, but that begs the question of where Spidey was during the Chitauri attack. (In bed, with a feverish case of Spider-flu?)

As other have said in the other thread, I doubt there'll be any significant integration beyond maybe a building cameo in ASM2. If ASM3 were to open with a montage of fever-wracked Peter watching the Avengers carnage on TV... that might work? We'll see how the rights things go.

13. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If the rights reverted to Marvel, they'd have to do a reboot, since Sony would still have the copyright on the movie itself.

14. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

15. Gaith

Foxx as a villain would be great. I always expected a much bigger film career for him after the fantastic Collateral, so it'd be nice if Django Unchained and this finally got him there.

16. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

Who's to say he wasn't out there fighting the Chitauri? Or saving civilians?

17. Gaith

I guess he could have been. What isn't conceivable is that ASM takes place after the Chitauri attack. Heck, given the fact that Peter doesn't cite the Hulk as an example of how a man can go all weird to Captain Stacy, it's hard to imagine ASM taking place after Incredible Hulk/Iron Man 2.

18. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Not yet confirmed but Foxx is hoping it will work out:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97114

And it looks like Harry Osborn will be making a return to the series, with a shortlist of three actors having been drawn up. Personally, I'm hoping for the excellent Dane DeHaan (Chronicle, In Treatment) to get the part.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59630

Still, Harry and MJ - this isn't going to help them avoid comparisons with the Raimi version, is it?

19. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

20. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I just saw that guy in Lincoln. He pops up in the beginning as a Union soldier. He was also great in Chronicle.