Action Trek

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Saratoga NX-3842, May 5, 2008.

1. Saratoga NX-3842

Saratoga NX-3842 Supreme Overlord of the Universe

I've been reviewing my library. i don't have any ACTION TREK. Anybody have a good idea for a heart thumping joy riding action book that keeps you on the edge of your seat like A time to Kill\Heal?>

2. TigerBait

TigerBait Captain Captain

Warpath, Rogue

3. Starfury

Starfury Captain Captain

Deep Space Nine: Fallen Heroes, by Daffyd ab Hugh

4. 8of5

8of5 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'd say Unity is quite actiony.

And Resistance had a fair ol' amount of action, maybe too much and not enough of anything else...

5. Kopernikus

Kopernikus Commander Red Shirt

Almost everything from David Mack does fit into that category, e.g. CoE Wildfire and the Entire Vanguard-Series. And I'm quite sure that we're going to see lots of action in the Upcoming Destiny-Arc.

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  6. RookieBatman

RookieBatman Commodore Commodore

The Ashes of Eden reads like a big-screen action/adventure. In fact, the whole Shatnerverse is pretty "matinee" style, over-the-top adventure, which is what many people don't like about it, but sounds like it might be right up your alley if you like the Original Series.

7. Leaf

Leaf Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

If you don't mind old, I just finished From The Depths by Victor Milan. It was really exciting. There's fights galore on watercraft, fistfights, spaceships....

It was awesome.

8. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

I haven't read Vanguard yet but wholly agree with Wildfire. The Eugenics War duology has a lot of action scenes too.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd have to second the recommendation for Vanguard. I'm reading the first Terok Nor book, and it's got a fair amount of action after the first few chapters. It's not non-stop action, but what action there is is pretty exiting IMO.

10. Rabid Trekkie

Rabid Trekkie Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The Gorkon/Klingon Empire series is perfect for this. Klingons being Klingons without the Federation around to temper their actions or Starfleet officers there to look down on them for how they believe and act.

11. vanguarduk

vanguarduk Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I have just re-visited this action packed story from the DS9 series. It is a full blooded tale of what I believe that Trek should be like. Life is a battle and survival of that battle is reward for a long life or a glorious death! Klingons and Romulans are soft compared to the Bekkir! Let's have more tales about these aliens.
    Great story Daffyd! It's about time you wrote another Trek story!

Reading ; Trill (Worlds of DS9)
    DS9 Proud Helios
    Next ; Terok Nor (Day of the Vipers) (Amazon delay)

12. Steve Roby

Steve Roby Rear Admiral Premium Member

I loved Fallen Heroes. Later, I read the Rebels trilogy. It was, imho, terribly disappointing. Dafydd seems to be happy right now being a right-wingnut blogger. If it keeps him from doing more books like Rebels, that's fine by me.

13. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

Since Fallen Heroes, Daffyd wrote six more Trek novels: the TNG novel Balance of Power, the VOY novel Invasion!: The Final Fury, and the DS9 novels Vengeance and the Rebels trilogy The Conquered, The Courageous, and The Liberated.

14. ronny

ronny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've read them all but Balance of Power and out of all of them Fallen Heroes is the high mark. By a LOT.

And the blog is a nightmare of illogic. And not even written all that well either. I used to read it once in a while to try to get the other perspective but when he wrote on the day Tom Delay resigned that he was a "class act" I realized there was nothing there for me.

15. Section 31

Section 31 Commander Red Shirt

Definitely the Vanguard series. That would be my #1 recommendation. Also, Kevin Ryan's Errand of Vengeance/Fury trilogies are very action-oriented.