If you were on the Enterprise D, what would you do?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Mars, Sep 11, 2012.

1. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

It's a flagged account. You'll see the red applied to spam accounts occasionally.

2. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Okay, but how did he get to be a Ensign with two posts?

:)

3. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

Perhaps he had more posts that "went away", and while his post count was reset his rank was not?

4. Kira Nerys

Kira Nerys Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Go straight to the holodock and have some fun.

5. Arpy

Arpy Vice Admiral Admiral

Along with what others have said, launch buoys with copies of the ships computer. If I don't make it, maybe others will.

6. Vito Corleone

Vito Corleone Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

That show really did go downhill when they replaced everyone's favorite Hollyweird Coke-freak with a talentless frat boy. :klingon:

Consider it cancelled. :)

7. Vito Corleone

Vito Corleone Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

No...

As if I would be interested in spamming... :rolleyes:

8. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

(shrugs) In this day and age it's an understandable precaution.

I was setting up a wiki with a friend. We originally intended to allow anyone to post on the Talk pages, but within 2 days we'd already been spammed 10 times. As we can hardly expect to ever have the momentum of Wikipedia, we reluctantly decided to block off all editing privileges to non-signed in users.

Spammers really have ruined it for everyone else.

9. Beta-Z

Beta-Z Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'd enjoy the captain's chair, freak out the computer by asking why I'm the only crew member on an explorer ship, stare at the mist on the view screen and wait for Wesley and Geordi to rescue me from inside that warp bubble. :p

10. Genesis

Genesis Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Lol, Beta-Z. Good answer.

I'm afraid I would take the whole situation deathly seriously if I found myself on the Enterprise-D with no crew. I'd arm myself while interrogating the computer about what's happened, determine if it's the 21st or 24th Century, and completely devote myself to finding a way to reunite the ship with her crew (and return her to her own time, if applicable). Of course, I'd be lying if I said my sudden undying devotion to reuniting the ship and crew was entirely selfless. There is a member of the Enterprise-D crew I would give literally anything to meet in reality.

And I would never return to 21st Century Earth, no matter what. That I can absolutely guarantee, even if I had to fly the Enterprise alone for the rest of my life with nothing but holograms for company.

11. Fastwalker

Fastwalker Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I'd have to agree with Methos. Arm myself with weapons and tools and prepare for "the fit to hit the shan". I wouldn't stop there tho. I'd somehow figure out how to gain control of the ship. Once done, broadcast to Earth that they are now under MY control... Muhahaha!!!

When satisfied, I'll create a remote kill switch to the main power and computer. Then, I'll cautiously enter the Holodeck and have fun. But I'll be ready to activate that kill switch. Because we all know Holodecks always turns on their masters at the worse times.

12. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

It seems to me that the Enterprise is pretty maintenance intensive, are you going to be able to keep it up and running more than a few weeks?

:)

13. Distorted Humor

Distorted Humor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I will not be able to maintain the ship, but the ship computer is worth it weight in gold.

Set up a patent holding company, and then start to release a steady stream of patents, medical (Yea, cure cancer), energy (working fusion reactors anyone?) Entertainment (Holosuite R' Us) Advanced materials, and so on. Most likely hold back some of the duel-use stuff that can be weaponized for now. From the revenue of such miracles, 10% tithe, and 10% to a charity that moves this new technology to the poorer nations of the world. the 80% is living money and investment money. Becme a swiss citizen. Prep the world to be more ready for alien contact when i let off those warp engines.

and in my free time. Holodeck. my own private one and with custom programs.

Get your mind out of the gutter...my mind is in the sewer .:p

14. pimp

pimp Commander Red Shirt

I would sample all the alien foods from the replicator until I burst :lol:

15. Arpy

Arpy Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd ask the cetaceans what happened.

...Of course, they probably orchestrated the whole thing so...

16. Zreen

Zreen Ensign Newbie

First, I would nod slowly, pinching my lips together while thinking "yep, she drugged me".

Then I would explore, and do stuff.

17. Captain Rob

Captain Rob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This sounds suspiciously like a Voyager two-parter.

Mr. Starling I presume?

18. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

After making sure the ship wasn't about to explode or anything, I'd go to the holodeck and participate in numerous activities, each kinkier than the last.

19. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

lol, if you're going to claim that the transporters won't work due to our scientific knowledge, I guess you can scrap the entire ship for the same reason!

20. Distorted Humor

Distorted Humor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Had to look him up on memory alpha since I have only watched the first season of Voy and a few post Jeri Ryan episodes.

I was thinking more of Rasmussen from TNG. A listing of the technology of the 24th century (assuming progress and not some dark ages) in the 21st century would be a massive jump forward. Of course, I would give the technology of say, AIDS and Cancer treatments away for free, just for the massive PR bonus and as a good human being.

much like if you got shifted back to 18th century with a listing of the current patents in the patent office you could upgrade the world technology rapidly.