Destiny trilogy - speculations

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by JoeZhang, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I can't speak for PAD, but I wasn't even invited to write Greater Than the Sum until just after Dave completed his outline for Destiny. I was sent that outline as well as the manuscripts for the three preceding TNG novels, and was given the task of creating a story that bridged the gap between them.

2. JWolf

JWolf Commodore Commodore

There is no way you are better than the Scots. My wife is from Scotland and she rocks!

3. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

re-reading what was just posted, I'm wondering what the chances are that the series ends with Picard dying and taking the Borg with him. Those quotes all sort of hint at something big like that. More wondering if they've got the stones to kill off Picard, and how things would go with the TNG-R without him...

4. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

Peter David's book was written and pretty much set in stone while I was still developing the outline for the trilogy. So it would be correct to say that Peter's decisions influenced mine, and mine influenced Christopher's.

That said, I chose not to interpret all of Peter's Q-prophecies literally.

Make of that what you will. :evil: :D

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've got to agree with you about the destroying the Borg thing. I've been thinking that might be what will happen since we first heard what the trilogy was about. IMO it would certainly explain why there has been such an emphasis on the Borg, and why so many of the Borg related loose ends were tied up in GTTS. Not sure yet about Picard, but it would certainly have one hell of an impact on Trek Lit, or at least TNG and Titan.