What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Those Skulls are some tough foes, I'll say.
    I'm having a rough time in this fight with them right now...and this is after the scenario I was alluding to.

I'm trying to build up my buddy, Quiet, so that she'll have a suppressed tranquilizer rifle. Unfortunately, the game has thrown a wee bit of a snag at me, and it looks like I'll have to do some organizational rebuilding. :)

2. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I got the Uncharted collection earlier today... I'm playing it on Crushing and I just started chapter 3.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Even though I own all of them on PS3 and have played them multiple times, I'm still thinking of double dipping and getting the new collection just for fun. It's one of my favorite series of all time, and I can't wait for the new one to come out next year.

4. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah I platinumed all three of them on the PS3. Plus I played the multiplayer A LOT (especially in U2). So when they announced the collection, I knew I'd get it right away.

5. martok2112

Ok, so I've beaten MGS5's initial playthrough. Now I can go back through missions and try to improve on my ranking for them with the equipment I've built up through the course of the game (and continue to build upon). (I always liked that, being able to go through again with the weapons/items you've accumulated.)

So, in building up my base, as I play free-roam mode, (or any mission) I've become very selective about my captures of Joe Random Soldier. As the skill ratings of my troops get higher, many of which are in the Elite status, I now only target Elites or higher. Them, I'll spare and capture. The ones that are still in the plain white, well... they've wasted their lives, and now I slit their throats. :D (I know, it sounds mean, but really, I'm doing them a favor.) :D

6. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Trying to clear some of my backlog, so I'm playing Quantum Conundrum on PS3. John De Lancie doing voice over, enjoying Uncle Q.

7. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

That was that kinda-sorta Portal-like, right?

8. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Kinda-sorta by the lead designer of Portal too. Dimension shifting to solve puzzles rather than portals, so far, Fluffy and light dimension, heavy dimension and slow dimension.

9. FADM Tribble

FADM Tribble Ensign Red Shirt

I'm currently replaying Alien: Isolation on Hard difficulty. It's still just a fun and terrifying as it was a year ago. It is without a doubt my favorite game of the current gen so far.

10. martok2112

Yes, that's a game that has been on my replay list for quite a while.

Still been playing MGS5: The Phantom Pain, but I think once I burn out on this (which won't be much longer) I might just get back into Alien Isolation. Truly the first game that has actually made me yelp and nearly crap myself since Resident Evil 2 over 20 years ago. :)

11. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I finished Uncharted 1 on Crushing yesterday. It was way easier than I remember from the PS3. I don't know if it's the improved controls, or if I just got better. Either way I might give Brutal difficulty a shot eventually.

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Okay, I'm finally getting around to playing "Fallout: New Vegas." I was going to start it months ago, but I ended up never having any time.

I just installed it and am gonna start it tonight.

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I know I'm years behind the times, but I just played the first hour of God of War 3. WOW! That was AMAZING! The graphics, the scale! I can only assume the rest of the game is a massive letdown after that opening :lol: Fighting on the back of a massive giant climbing up a mountain was such an amazing set piece!

14. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah GoW3 was fun. :D

I started Uncharted 2 on Crushing yesterday.

15. martok2112

Played the frak out of MGS5....now waiting for Fallout 4.

16. BigJake

BigJake Vice Admiral Admiral

Armello, and also Episode 5 of Life is Strange. SWEEET.

17. martok2112

Got back into playing ALIEN Isolation.
    I've forgotten just how freakishly unnerving this game is.

Played the Last Survivor add-on. Even though they change up a couple of minor story points, the scenario is still largely the same as in the movie ALIEN....as Ripley, you have to set the self destruct and escape the Nostromo.

The set pieces are really well done. You feel as if you actually are on-board that doomed ship, and lots of areas look familiar from the movie. Being stalked by the alien is just -- scary. Took me three tries to beat it.... and it is a small scenario.

I hope we get to see the further adventures of Amanda Ripley in another ALIEN game. This one is just so well done.

18. Lakenheath 72

Lakenheath 72 Commodore Commodore

I am playing Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary on the XBOX One. I am liking the new console - it is the Halo 5 limited edition console. It is sweet. The only aspect I do not like is how quickly games suck up storage - I have to get an external storage device. I never figured in the cost of this device when I bought the console. Oh, well. C'est le vie.

19. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Elite Dangerous on my new gaming PC

It's so awesome and i've barely played a few hours. Still learning about the controls and gameplay but i'm getting there (though my old flightstick is not cutting it anymore, need to seriously upgrade it).

It's been far too long without a decent space sim and Elite is just what the doctor ordered. Now if only Star Citizen would get and keep a release date..

20. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I just completed Life is Strange. :D