What do you want to see in Star Trek XIV?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Newspaper Taxi, Oct 24, 2015.

1. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Who knows? Marcus may have had more under construction in other parts of the Federation. One doesn't seem like it would be enough to fight a war.

2. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

The Kelvin archive (S31 HQ) was destroyed and the location of the Jupiter construction dock is out, Starfleet likely raided it not long after.

Vengeance may well be the only one of her kind.

3. Dar70

Dar70 Vice Admiral Admiral

I would love to see a return to the prime universe. Maybe a shatner appearance.

4. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sure, it could be like an homage to "City on the Edge of Forever". They go to the Prime universe, but realize that they must reset it to the nu-verse lest the Federation be destroyed. At the end of the movie, they're back on the nu-Enterprise, Kirk says "I hope we never see THAT universe again!", and they fly off into the sunset.

:techman:

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

The only one that has, so far, been constructed? Probably. But we can only hope that Starfleet kept backups of the blueprints and design specifications so that it wouldn't be lost.

Even though I find it likely that Starfleet was "purged" of all of its Section 31 elements after the Marcus disaster...like I said, they'd be beyond foolish to simply toss this advanced vessel aside just on principle. The Vengeance itself may have been a ship of war, but the same class can be turned to more peaceful means with a minimum of effort.

Technology is neutral; it's what's DONE with it that matters.

6. Arpy

Arpy Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd like to see them take a stab at updating older alien make-ups. A sprinkling of Federation aliens from any number of shows would be fine (Denobulans, Saurians, etc.), but I'd like to see special attention placed on TOS ones (e.g. a nuTrek Tholian).

7. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

The Vengeance incident was probably on every news channel the Federation has, every private channel would have leaked it too. I'm guessing most every member world other than Earth was asking very harsh questions after that about how such a monstrosity was allowed to exist. The Council would want assurances that nothing like this would happen again.

And the Klingons and Romulans? well that wouldn't have helped the political landscape, the Federation has probably promised to scrap the program or risk war for having planned pre-emptive attacks on them with ships like her.

8. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Vengeance was only a monstrosity because it was USED as one. That was its only mission.

Properly constructed, a Vengeance-class ship built "for real" doesn't have to be warlike in any way. It could be every bit the explorer that the Constitution is. They could get rid of some things, like the stealth technology and the overpowered weapons, but otherwise keep the rest of the design.

OTOH, since the Vengeance class can operate with a minimum of crew, it could be sent into dangerous situations so as not to risk a lot of lives. Maybe a rescue vessel of some kind?

9. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

^Why build something twice the size when it was only designed to be a weapon?

Redesigning the class to accomodate a larger (or any) crew, labs, etc would be labour intensive for something that big and still leave questions hanging with the other races and the Council that they aren't just carrying weapons anyway.

The Federation has a massive political clusterfuck to manage because of it, the bordering nations would never stand for it being used and a lot of dockyard workers for objecting races could down tools.

The Constitution class is half the size and would be easier to modify to accomodate some of the upgrades like faster warp drive and better shields, better alloys etc.

Without any of the PR issues of the other class. It's not logistics now, it's politics. The Klingons know something is up, and the Federation without Marcus will be trying everything to prevent a war.

10. NigellaDeanna20

NigellaDeanna20 Commander Red Shirt

Personally, I'd like to see more of an original storyline than the last movie. :cool:

11. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Now, this is a "prime" way to revisit TOS-prime... and kill it off forever. :bolian::techman: