DEXTER Season 5 Discussion & Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Dream, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Tulin

Tulin Vice Admiral Admiral

With the most wonderful man in the world!
    Yeah - killing is okay.

Strange p.o.v.

2. det32

det32 Ensign Newbie

hello new to the forum.. anyway here is what i think might happen.. season 5 is all a dream.. remember at the end of season 4 dex went to jail for reckless driving?? well i think he fell asleep in the cell do to lack of sleep and this(season 5) is what he thinks will happen if he lost Rita.. a couple reason why i think this

Astor is very disconnected from him.. dex not understand emotionless very well so he thinks she dislikes him.. witch is why he believes if he where to lose Rita he would lose the kids..

lumen - was raped just like Rita.. or just as damaged if you will dex fells closer to them b/c he think the see the monster and are ok with it..

towards the end of season 4 he keeps talking about how much he needs the kids and Rita.. and how close he keeps coming to losing them.

i think season 5 will end with Debra holding the gun at dex telling him to drop his tools.. he will go to jail and it will end there (and him waking up at the start of the 6th season)or that’s when he will wake up from his dram then end..

I know some will bring up how Trinity found out his really name and looked for where he lived.. But when he looked the name up all that came up was his apartment.. So he never found his house..

Or

Maybe he did get out of jail and this is a dram on the plane to meat rita..

I just have a strong feeling this is a dream.. i donno maybe i am crazy just seems like a interesting twist

What yall think?

3. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I know I've threatened to throw my TV out the window many, many times, and still the TV is still safe and sound sitting on its little table, but man oh MAN, that would be the one thing to make good on my threat at long last. :rommie:

4. det32

det32 Ensign Newbie

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/40610317/ns/today-entertainment/

another reason to believe it might be a dream..

also kind of side steeped any questions about lumen witch is to be expected but.. could be something

5. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

^Except Dexter crashed his car at the start of last season, not the end of it. So unless most of the last 2 seasons has been a dream that's not going to happen.

6. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Yeah there's no way the whole season is a dream.

7. det32

det32 Ensign Newbie

not the crash

the hit and run when he was chasing arthor... ws in the last epasode in the 4th season.. maybe 2nd to last..

i donno like i sadi it is possibel i am reading into something that isnt there but everything this season has seem so dream like

8. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

^I don't see them making an entire season a dream. It'd be such a cop out and undoubtedly be really unpopular unless there was something big to pay off in the end.
    I'd think if there's a theraputic ending to it, it would more likely be Deb finding out about Dex and accepting him rather than anything else.

9. det32

det32 Ensign Newbie

i see db finging out about the kills dex and lumen have done but not the rest..

and if it is a drem it would be huge i think.. could go so meny ways after what dex has learned this season

10. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's no logical reason for this season of Dexter to be a dream other than if Showtime is deliberately trying to torpedo the show and alienate the fans. It'd be just as bad as if Riker said, "Computer, end program" in the final episode.

11. det32

det32 Ensign Newbie

maybe there is "no reason" or "they sholdnt"

but i think they have set it to be one

12. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I highly doubt they would go in that direction. What a big Fuck you to the fans that would be. And would you really, i mean really be content if something like that happened? And what lessons and/ or direction are you referring to exactly? Because all it does is reset things, thus wasting the season. Did Newhart fans rally up in anger with pitchforks and torches when that ending happened?

13. det32

det32 Ensign Newbie

anyone have a link?? no longer have showtime

14. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Go to Dexter's page on Fanpop and click on the links section. There will be several options available after the show airs, a lot of them have the stupid "fill out this survey that requires you to sign up for something in order to continue" but eventually you'll find one that doesn't have it.

15. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Worst season finale of Dexter ever!

I'm done with this show.

16. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Why?

17. ialfan

ialfan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Big letdown. That might've been okay in season 2 with Deb almost finding out but it's season 5 now and it was time for some payoff. :/

18. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

ialfan is right. It's been FIVE seasons and Deb still doesn't know Dexter's secret. I mean, what are they waiting for? I mean it's not like her finding out won't have any dramatic possibilities for the show to explore. It's going to have plenty of that with Deb's torment over the revelation of her brother being a serial killer and how that conflicts with her ethics as a cop. There are times like this I wish the show was more like Breaking Bad in which the wife of the central character found out about his secret criminal enterprise in the beginning of the third season and explored the consequences of her finding out.

And to answer your question, StarTrek1701: it's because this show had stopped being the Dexter I loved and watched every second of every episode of. These days, I can barely watch a full episode because of the sloppy, poor writing. It lost something or more than one something that made it one of my favorites back in the days of Seasons 1-3. It's an agonizing experience like watching a trainwreck in slow motion. It makes me wish they had cancelled the show after this season. I've had enough!

19. ialfan

ialfan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Agreed. There is absolutely no reason they couldn't have had Deb find out. They even could've had roughly the same ending to the episode. Lazy, predictable, writing by a show that's gotten too comfortable with it's success.

20. pork3

pork3 Commander

I would hope you would agree, after all, Joe Washington was agreeing with you in the first place, which effectively means you're agreeing with yourself. :)

As for the episode in of itself, I quite enjoyed it, no big payoff and all (outside of Deb choosing to let her personal feelings override her professional responsibilities to hand in the vigilantes).

-Jamman