Any rumors of an X-Files Blu-ray release?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by toughlittleship, Feb 8, 2013.

1. toughlittleship

toughlittleship Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

With TNG and Enterprise being released on Blu-ray, and DS9 being on CBS' "radar" for a Blu-ray release, I was wondering if there had been any rumors about an X-Files Blu-ray release?

2. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I've rewatched the show twice on Netflix, but I would still probably buy a Blu-Ray set. I'm way more interested in them wrapping up the series with an alien invasion movie, though.

4. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Got the entire series on DVD, but haven't watched the show in years. I'd snap up a BD release in a heartbeat!

Fingers crossed that they pull it off.

5. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i would also double dip for Blu-rays. some of those eps from the first and second season are pretty grainy.

6. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

I think I read somewhere that the grain is inherent to the film stock used by Canadian productions in the 1990's. Even if they could clean it up, I'm not sure if they should - especially if it comes at lowering the quality of the video in other ways.

I just hope if/when the show gets put on Blu Ray, they can restore the alternate taglines that were used in the opening credits of various episodes (the ones that deviated from "The Truth is Out There"). While I haven't seen much of the DVDs due to the expense when they were released, I heard the taglines where changed to the "truth" one for every episode.

7. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

the DVDs all have the correct taglines. they weren't all changed to The Truth Is Out There.

8. Eddie Roth

Eddie Roth Commodore Commodore

In fact, there were only a handful of episodes across the entire series (less than 20 in any case) that had a changed tagline. And as far as I recall, they were all intact for the DVD release.

9. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

This is a definitive article speaking about The X-Files in HD.
    any shows from these companies you want in 4k?

MIPCOM: Illuminate Hollywood Touts Its New HD- and 4K-Conversion Technology
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mipcom-illuminate-hollywood-touts-new-644025

We have heard rumors earlier this year in May on thedigitalbits website:

10. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Given that HTV botched the second season remastering work of The Next Generation so badly that CBS Digital took everything back in-house for the remaining seasons, I wouldn't take that as a positive sign.

11. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I think FOX is concerned that the X-Files won't sell well on Bluray. X-Files might be more popular with casual viewers than Trek, but Trek fans are more willing to buy their Trek shows on video.

12. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

Interesting. I heard differently (never bought the DVD sets myself due to the expense at the time).

The less involvement HTV has with remastering, the better.

13. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore