So, Marvel Univere's Barack Obama is an idiot.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Guy Gardener, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I cannot believe that he fell for being Hank Pymed like that in Thunderbolts.

In the ad beside where I am typing, a flash banner is claiming that Barack has an IQ of 125 and that I should test myself to see if I am as cunning and wily as the sitting President, as if this might make me swell with joy that on some level: I am better than him.

Ye Gods.

The President was traveling on Airforce one, and Doc Samson is telling the Prez what a dick Norman is and that he has proof-positive about what a cunt the "former" Green Goblin is, but Norman microwaves the damning evidence of his dickheadedness and doses Samson with crazy juice until the mild mannered psychiatrist HulksOut, attacking everyone on the plane AS the Green Goblin attacks, y'know proving that the Green Goblin and Norman are two very distinct people after all(There were 20 Spider-Men in court the other day while peter was in trial for those spider tracer killings probably proving that unmasking Spider-man doesn't prove which spider-Man is responsible for any given clusterfuck.) to ease everyones minds about what is the the good truth, who then, this Goblin got his ass kicked by the all-American real life actionhero Norman Osborn who saved the day.

The balls on this guy.

But really, do you stop beleiving in conspiracys after you become President?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Considering how far removed the Marvel Universe is from reality this seems appropriate!

3. LutherSloan

LutherSloan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Obama looked like some other person on the cover of the Spider-Man comic from a little while ago.

4. bryce

bryce Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've seen that add too...I wonder if that number is accurate?

I mean, *only* 125!?

Christ, the absolute *minimum* to get into MENSA is 132! (Stanford-Binet)

I just can't believe that my idiot ex-wife has an IQ *8* points higher than the president!

(Alex, *sweetie*, when you read this *please* don't tell your mother I called her an "idiot"...just remember who's taking you too see "Watchman" next weekend! ;) )

5. Guy Gardener

Sometimes the creative staff don't feel comfortable mocking their masters, other times Bush got wailed on. then i recall seeing Michale Gorbachev ordering for his solders waiting for the charge of some green lantern's rings to wind down so that John and Katma Tui could be executed in their sleep for no really good reason.

Then again it was only a couple months ago that John Byrne was saying that Watergate was a diversion to get a communist spy doppleganger out of the white house who had killed and replaced Nixon.

It's up to each creative team if they want to fudge the realities of the real world, or play it straight. After all in Avengers 50ish, it was George Bush who signed America's surrender to kang (if he owned America, then didn't that mean since America was at the time still at war with North Korea that on principle that Kang really had to deal to that?), that the Conqueror when he took over the world for a month or two (About 5 issues?) so you take the good with the bad.

The "ad" has focused on other celebrities too, but in the case of Paris Hilton or George Bush it was more "if your IQ is lower than these two, then you must be a complete loser." but of course the numbers are made up, they're just fucking with us to get to their web site and increase their foot traffic or pay for the results of an IQ test they don't mention is free to take but the answers cost on the final page, or perhaps that we can pay to take a more accurate IQ test if we are unhappy with the depth of our intelligence.

But then, these people and their scams keep the Trekbbs afloat, or through a degree of separation UGO more likely.

Meh.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  6. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: So, Marvel Universe's Barack Obama is an idiot.

Is the Marvel Universe's Joe Biden any smarter than the one we have? Just wondering. :)

7. blaXXer

blaXXer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

im officially 10 points better than barack! :D you made my day.

8. LutherSloan

LutherSloan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I wouldn't know, but I guess the Marvel Universe Dick Cheney reads to crippled children in hospitals. Unlike our universe's Cheney, who devours their souls with his demon powers. :devil:

9. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

His IQ hasn't actually been released.

10. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah those IQ ads were made fun of by Jim Rome a couple of months ago. He did almost an entire segment where he kept on clicking on several celebs (and sports celebs) IQ ad's. It was pretty amusing. Marvel Universe Obama made his first mistake by appointing Norman the new director of HAMMER and dissolving SHEILD.

11. MNM

MNM Captain Captain

Especailly when the basis for that seemed to be no more than the fact that Osborn was the guy who managed to get lucky and have his bullet hit the Skrull Queen and kill her first, before Wolverine cut her head off, or a multitude of other characters managed to off her.

12. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Those ads just make up the IQs of public figures. I've even seen different ads state different IQs for the same people.

13. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^^Yeah, those ads are apparently giving Obama a lower IQ than they ascribe to Paris Hilton. You don't need to be a genius to know that they're just making up random numbers -- or, for that matter, to know that you should never trust information that comes from an Internet banner ad. Come on.

As for the intelligence of characters in Obama-related comics, that seems to be consistently low. I read the much-hyped one about Spidey at the inauguration, and every character there was pretty stupid. Its intent was to portray Obama as a very smart and capable guy, so much so that he barely needed Spidey's help, but the situation was so ineptly handled and easy to solve that anyone of average competence could've resolved it.

14. Michael Chris

Michael Chris Admiral Admiral

I've read that most people in the types of positions he has occupied have IQs in the 120s to the 140s. So, it's certainly plausible that President Obama's is 125. Of course, an IQ score has absolutely nothing to do with most things in this life. Plus there's several different scales.

15. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

It's really funny that an IQ of 125 is considered that of an idiot. I mean that's not a small IQ. Maybe for a geneticist or a rocket scientist it's low but for a politician that's pretty high.

16. Christopher

Relatively high, yes, but significantly below genius level and about average for presidents.

Of course, IQ is not a valid measure of intelligence; it's just a measure of how good you are at taking IQ tests. Which is as much a matter of experience with the test format and with its underlying cultural assumptions as it is of actual intelligence or problem-solving ability.

Heck, based on his SAT scores, George W. Bush would have an IQ around 125, and that can't possibly be right.

17. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought Assignment: Earth's conclusion was that Watergate showed that it was the real Nixon who was in the White House, not the communist spy doppelganger.

18. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought that the real Nixon was the leader of The Secret Empire and committed suicide when Captain America stopped his planned coup, with him being replaced by a double.

19. Guy Gardener

I was quite sure that they didn't know absolutely for sure, Gary and Roberta were confused, so they deep sixed the administration of the even chance that it might not have been Nixon after all.

20. Christopher

Not quite. I just double-checked the issue. Byrne left Gary and Roberta uncertain which Nixon they'd brought back, the real one or the impostor, but Gary and Roberta did not orchestrate Watergate. All they did was bring the surviving Nixon home, and then we flash forward to two years later where they're reacting to Nixon's resignation. Roberta remarks that many of the crimes that came out in the Watergate investigation must've happened before the impostor incident, therefore committed by the real Nixon, so if they brought the wrong one back, his handlers back home must be very ticked off at him.