Arrow - Season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

2. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looking forward to seeing more of Felicity Smoak. :adore:

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Good move creating a new thread. The other one started when the Pilot was first announced.

4. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Just watched the season 1 recap episode which also had a small teaser for season 2. It looks like they're going to have Laurel reverse her opinion of the Hood and start going after him. Not sure how crazy I am about that idea, but I guess we'll have to wait and see how it plays out.

5. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I would imagine she some how blames the Hood for Tommys death so I can see her about face coming quite naturally. Not looking forward to Dig and Felicity on the island though. Hopefully that is just a one episode deal to go get Oliver.

6. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Same here. With the show being on earlier this year, I hope to be able to sit in on the live commentary occasionally, something that I didn't do last year.

Arrow quickly became one of my favorite shows, and I'm psyched to see what Season 2 will bring.

:bolian:

7. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

It's Ollie-Time! Hope I'm not the only one onboard tonight.

8. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Ah, Felicity!

:drool:

9. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Felicity really looks good in that blue dress with her hair down.

:bolian:

10. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Felicity does look good with her hair down, doesn't she? They gave her a serious makeover for the new season.

I wasn't too impressed with most of the premiere. It was pretty dull up until the very end when Black Canary showed up and Ollie decided to commit to turning over a new leaf with a proper name and all. Looks like they're doing the reverse of The Dark Knight. They're taking a killer and giving him a no-kill policy. I wonder how that'll affect his crusade if word ever gets out. Didn't work too well for Batman. Will this show take a different route? Will it work out for Ollie?

It was also nice to see Summer Glau onboard. It looks like her taking over a chunk of Ollie Industries can provide for some good drama on the corporate front.

And a quick shout out to the fx crew... They did a great job of creating the mountainous island background on a TV budget. It was nice to see some effort put into that.

11. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

A solid opener establishing new bad guys and dropping hints of future plot lines while bringing things up to speed from last year.

12. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Did Peter Jackson direct the episode? It had more endings than the Lord of the Rings.

Looks like a good season ahead of us.

13. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

A terrific opener that promises a lot of intriguing stuff for Season 2. Even Thea seemed a lot better in this episode.

Although they might have made Laurel even dumber than she was last year by having her blame The Hood for Tommy's death. I blame Laurel myself. Her father told her to get the hell out of the Glades and she didn't listen. The roof on the building that she worked in was literally falling on her head and she still wouldn't get out of there. That's why Tommy was in the building and that's why he got killed.

14. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked the City of Heroes MMO episode title reference. :)

Good premiere, but I've got a couple of nitpicks. Why did Ollie leave Starling City knowing Thea would be alone and vulnerable? And why did the thugs wait until Ollie got back to kidnap Thea?

I liked Black Canary's appearance. I wonder if that's Laurel.

15. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

The media attention of Ollie's return is what got their attention.
    Nope.

16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is it her dead sister back from the beyond?

When Oliver jumped out that window with Felicity, and dieharded it down through into a lower floors window... How did Felicity not fall in love with him?

Not mentally.

Her brain knows better.

But her cooch and her heart would have outvoted her brain.

17. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I see that they added one of my most hated comic characters Bethany Snow..biatch! Brother Blood is being set up. And the Central City particle accelerator is coming on line by Christmas...Flash ah ah!

18. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Agreed, that was nicely done. And I had forgotten just how interesting Ollie's island back-story was. I think I'm just as interested in seeing where that goes as I am with the 'present' storyline.

19. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Commander Red Shirt

I do like that they are building Ollie into a Hero from the rough beginnings he had. I like the cutaway at the end before the New name is spoken, I hated the "Hood" much Like I hated "The Blur" on Smallville, an obvious attempt to not call him Superman. I think Green Arrow was batted around the first season and Ollie hated it, so I think he'll just be known as "Arrow" and that's OK it's miles Better than the Hood.

20. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Commander Red Shirt

Well Manu Bennett is a regular now so that storyline will continue, but I'm wondering how long they can stretch it out.