Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Maurice, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Christopher, do you recommend buying the U.N.C.L.E. complete series set? I started watching it during its first season (my favorite due to theme arrangement), was buying the Aurora and AMT model kits, getting the monthly short story magazine, etc. I know the third season was crap, and they almost pulled it out of the fire in the fourth, but it was too late.

All I have now are a few episodes on VHS, including The Project Strigas Affair.

2. EnsignHarper

EnsignHarper Captain Captain

OK - so we have had pics of William Boyett and Ken Lynch, how about one of the OTHER guy from the 60's/70's who was always a cop/military officer in shows - Ed Peck. Peck was best known as the local cop in Happy Days, whose character was known as....Officer Kirk! Someone at HD was most likely a Trek fan, and thought it might make a nice inside joke... it WAS done at Paramount, after all.

One funny thing is that Peck never appeared on Dragnet or A12 at all - especially not as a cop!

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  3. LMFAOschwarz

LMFAOschwarz Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

True, EnsignHarper. Even his Star Trek appearance was as a military officer. I guess he just has the "Look of Authority"! :lol:

[​IMG]

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  4. Melakon

Philip Pine and Philip Pine in The Outer Limits: The 100 Days of the Dragon, a Manchurian Candidate-influenced episode with impostors from a foreign nation placed into the highest levels of American government.

[​IMG]

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I wouldn't know, since I'm not finished with the second season yet. Although I'm not enjoying it much overall, and I'm not even sure I want to continue to season 3.

But yes, the first season definitely had the best theme arrangement, and was a lot better in most other respects than season 2 has been.

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  6. LMFAOschwarz

I remember, Melakon, not expecting to like that episode for some reason. But it turned out to be pretty good! :)

I was a bit bugged, though, ironically by the episode from which your avatar derives its existence. It's enjoyable...but I was distracted by the casting of Skip Homeier and Keith Andes as brothers' in law. They are just too suited to play full brothers!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
    Shaka Zulu likes this.
  7. EnsignHarper

Actually, in TIY, he managed to be both cop and soldier, being an Air Police Colonel! :rommie:

8. Melakon

Stay away from "The Five Daughters Affair". It's a 2-parter from season 3. Although it does have Kim Darby, Jill Ireland, Telly Savalas, Terry-Thomas, Diane McBain, Herbert Lom, Curt Jurgens, and Joan Crawford (in a cameo). Trek stuntmen Dick Crockett and Paul Baxley also appear as part of a team of recurring bad guys.

When my computer was down last month, I watched it more times than I want to remember.

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  9. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

#5 is William (Trelane/Koloth) Campbell. I mentioned seeing that episode somewhere upthread.

10. EnsignHarper

I knew who it was....:vulcan: sarcasm folks

11. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

If you skip the Five Daughter affair, you can see the highlights in my screen grabs of Jill Ireland upthread :).

12. LMFAOschwarz

Look out, kids: I found some more of my Hawaii Five-O files! :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Melakon

Barry Russo. I remember seeing that Five-0 episode. Guess being a criminal paid better than Starfleet. He was on The F.B.I. too.

14. LMFAOschwarz

The F.B.I. was one of those shows I'd always heard about, but never managed to catch even a minute of. Worth seeking out, Melakon? :shrug:

15. Melakon

It depends whether you're interested in watching a television show that has J. Edgar Hoover's stamp of approval. The show is basically a glorification of the FBI, which had approval of scripts and casting decisions. You're better off watching James Stewart in The F.B.I. Story. which was also made with their cooperation.

16. LMFAOschwarz

The next batch of Hawaii Five-O crossovers:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

18. Forbin

No time to watch the Twilight Zone one, but the M:I one was brilliant!

19. Forbin

More season 4 Mannix. Paul Carr as some poor schlub stuck in the middle of a mess.

[​IMG]

Would you like regular or premium anitmatter?
    [​IMG]

Oh for... can't I live through ANYthing?!!?
    [​IMG]

20. Melakon

Found these at the Internet Archive's collection of public domain TV episodes.

From the 1960 series Outlaws, a western which aired on NBC:

Alfred Ryder, at 44, in "Shorty":
    [​IMG]

Skip Homeier, at 30, in "The Rape of Red Sky:"
    [​IMG]
    At least I think it's Skip. Gerald Mohr was in the same
    episode, and they sort of resemble each other.

BONUS: Leonard Nimoy, at 29, as a hired gun in "Shorty":
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013