The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 6, 2013.

1. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Right, it's just a flashback.

2. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Poor Governor. Not a lot of leg room in that tent.

3. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

He should keep his eyes open for a new one.

Easy to find in the ZA:
    Working automobiles.
    Viable gasoline.
    Guns.
    Bullets.
    Food.
    Oxygen tanks.

Hard to find:
    Dice and Backgammon pieces.

4. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

So the Governor has a replacement "Penney" and wives.

5. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Didn't like this one much, didn't buy that family and I'm more interested in resolving the prison situation than this governor crap.

6. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

^Same here. Especially when Darryl finds out about Carol.

7. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

lol I thought that for a second too

One thing this episode cemented in my mind is that the world of the living is a really small one. If they can have the Gov. run back into Martinez & Shumpert, you just know that with Carol being out there, she'll cross paths with them

Did Carol even see the Gov. in person?

8. Trekker4747

I actually thought it was a decent episode and thought it worked nicely in making The Governor a bit more of a "likable" character or at least somewhat more understandable.

Single-mom lady was good looking, and actually pretty young-looking to have an older-teen/young adult daughter. (Or was that a sister?)

But, yeah, the Darryl/Rick thing gets pushed back another week and by all indications from the previews probably next week too as we continue to "catch up" with The Governor.

Second worst vehicle to procure during the ZA? A box truck. (The first one being a decades old, barely operating, RV.)

9. Mojochi

^ This

10. Trekker4747

Okay, I must have missed it when the relationship between the two was established.

11. jbny67

jbny67 Captain Captain

I wasn't crazy about the entire episode focusing on The Governor.
    Not a bad episode, there are just other storylines I would like to see pursued.

Looks like next week focuses on him as well.

12. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

WHoa -- how about this episode!

i thought last episode the Governor was about to attack the prison...then at the end of the episode, i thought it might be to see if it would be safe for him to drop off the ladies....but with the preview, now he's a scout for Martinez, maybe?

It'll be interesting if the Governor will be redeemed (like Monroe in Revolution is trying to be).

i'm definitely anxious to see Darryl's reaction...but this is actually necessary set-up, as the Governor was at the prison's gates last episode -- so we need to see why!

13. Trekker4747

Yeah, there's just a lot going on now at the prison with the illness, Carol's exile, Rick still needing to step up again into the leader roll, the herd outside the gate, the loss of part of the fence and the dog-run there's a LOT going on at the prison. Hard to see it delayed for likely two weeks to focus on The Governor, a storyline I think overplayed it's welcome last season. To soon to reuse him.

14. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was a bit unexpected that we'd get an entire flashback episode, but I think it kinda worked...but if this continues and the focus shifts to the Governor and this new group I'm not going to be too thrilled with that.

BTW, did anyone catch the promos during TWD for AMC's planned Thanksgiving programming?

Gone With The Wind...Allright classic movie
    Godfather & Godfather Pt II...ditto
    Hitchcock Marathon...Ok.
    Steven Seagal Marathon... Umm wait what? Is this like Sesame Street's one of these things is not like the other, one of these things doesn't belong type of questions?

15. Mojochi

Well, we all saw this coming. He's one of the best actors on the show. It was certain he'd be back, & undoubtedly before the mid-season break, which is episode 8. This was 6. They were sure to spend a couple on him, & then the last one, or maybe part of the last two will get back to the prison & how things might be falling apart there, once Daryl knows about Carol, & there's even a strong likelihood that Carol will cross paths with the Gov. & Matrinez's crew. With the Gov. showing up at the prison, it's clear all roads converge at the mid-season break in the last episode or maybe a bit before

I just want to know if Carol can identify the Gov. at sight. I don't think she can. I don't remember her ever seeing him

16. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Seagal marathon will probably get the best ratings of the bunch.

17. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

This episode wasn't *bad* per se, I just didn't give much of a damn about it. Got a little more into it as it went on, but I fully expected the Governor to betray/murder the family before it ended. That he didn't, and next week focusing on him again, makes me slightly more interested. Only slightly though; it's the prison I care about, and I'm sure the Governor ends up betraying and murdering these people.

18. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'll go against the grain a bit here, and say that I LOVED tonight's episode.

At the end of last season I was somewhat disappointed that the Governor wasn't killed off. It seemed like we'd seen his character do as much as he possibly could, and there was no need to keep him around any longer. Boy was I wrong. I had no clue whatsoever that tonight's episode would even come close to playing out like it did.

Whenever we meet new survivors, I always tend to cheer for them to survive. So of course I wanted tonight's new family to make it. I was afraid the Governor would off them himself, but seeing him slowly reconnect with his humanity was really the last thing I expected.

Of course, that will just make me doubly sad if the family doesn't survive next week's episode, but that in turn will make any sort of return to the darkside for the Governor all the more compelling and ominous in the future.

19. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I came away feeling as if the episode was well done, but still boring.

I'm not sure I see the Governor betraying the family, but I do see their deaths driving him to become the man he was after Penney's death.

20. Mojochi

That he is at the prison means only bad things can happen. That Carol might not have met him before is doubly so

This could get rough in the 2nd half of this season :(