What discontinued food, snack, or drink do you miss the most?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by sonak, Apr 17, 2013.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

LINKS ARE NEEDED.

2. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Space food sticks--better than tootsie rolls. Hard to find.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Now wait, I'm pretty sure sausage can still be found. :lol:

4. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

You used to be able to buy THC infused sprits from a few online dealers out of Europe as there was no US law against it. However, in the last year or so it's impossible to find the sites through web searches and most of the sites i was able to refined no longer sold said products over the Internet. It is interesting timing, because several CA based wineries and breweries were starting to produce THC infused wine and beer for the states "medical" marijuana dispensaries, and there are several Colorado breweries and distillers who were starting up production of THC infusions with that states legalization.

I wonder if the importation issues are connected with the introduction of domestic production.

That being said, from the looks of things online, it is not too difficult to make home made infusions, if one were so inclined.

5. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Two of my local grocery stores carried Quisp for as long as I can remember, but one just discontinued it last month or so because nobody here was buying it (they had to mark it down to nearly a dollar to get rid of it all).

Stuff I miss:
    -The original Kellogg's Apple Jacks--ever since they went whole grain, it hasn't tasted the same.
    -Crispy Wheats 'n Raisins--it briefly became Wheaties with raisins, but then vanished.
    -Pappalo's frozen pizza--I know some people didn't like them, but it was comfort food for me. Used to buy one every week.
    -Tony's Deli Style frozen pizza--losing this one pissed me off no end. It was actually the best tasting frozen pizza I ever had--like it just came from a real pizzeria--and it just up and vanished one day. I'm still devastated.
    -Smurf Berry Crunch Cereal--childhood memories watching The Smurfs every Saturday morning with a bowl of this.
    -Sammy's Best Basin Street Barbecue Sauce--a really awesome all-purpose sauce from the late Sammy Davis Jr. You could put that stuff on anything.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  6. Mr. Laser Beam

Frozen pizzas I used to be able to get at Costco, but can't anymore. I don't know if they're not made, or if Costco just decided to stop selling the fuckers:

- Home Run Inn cheese-only

- This thing I can't remember who made it, but it had a buffalo sauce-style topping and blue cheese in addition to the mozzarella :drool:

- Amnon's

7. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I love DiGiorno's Buffalo Chicken pizza. It is getting hard to find lately, but oh so yummy. Mom and I both enjoy Frechetta's Canadian Bacon & Pineapple pizza. It used to be a staple at our favorite pizza joints, but most of them went out of business over the years. (Both are rising crust pizzas, so we only get them once in a great while.)

EDIT: Seems the Buffalo Chicken pizza is no longer on DiGiorno's webite, either.:brickwall:

8. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination
    I forgot two more-

cocoa puffs cereal bars(the only flavors I see now are honey nut cheerios and cinnamon toast crunch)

pop tarts go-tarts, the little pop tart bars they had for a short while

9. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

Back in the 90s, a local place made the most awesome fresh breakfast pizzas. Pizza crust topped with salsa (probably Pace Picante Sauce) and scramble eggs, bacon, sausage, and cheddar cheese. I could go for a slice.

10. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I miss Priazzos too. When I was a teenager I worked in the kitchen at Pizza Hut and would sometimes make my own. Damn they were good!

11. Mr. Laser Beam

I guess it really is amoré when the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie...

12. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Even Wal-Mart alternates between having & not having my favorite Digiorno's pizza (3 meat rising crust). They always blame it on the vendor.

That's why I keep 3 or 4 of them in the freezer at any time, in case it's a couple weeks before I can replenish.

13. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

So I decided to try one of the new ones today. Meh. I won't bother again.

14. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    I've tried an absinthe and a beer that were weed infused, I can only view such customs bans as a mark of refined taste.

15. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

I remember some years ago Breyers used to make this really awesome variety of ice cream. It was a mint/chocolate mixture with M & Ms, and it was one of my favorites. Then it mysteriously disappeared for no apparent reason. :p