Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

No.

No he doesn't. You've missed the point in spectacular fashion because you're still reading a comparison between Spielberg and Snyder in terms that are not there in the article.

I like this:

Accurate except that the first Superman film is not "excellent" - it's a pretty good movie but it's episodic, uneven and not terribly stylish. The movie is carried through some rough spots on the strength of Reeve's performance and his charisma.

2. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

To all the people saying Snyder doesn't know how to work with characters or tell a story, I think his Dawn of the Dead proves that he DOES indeed have those skills (otherwise that movie wouldn't have been half as suspenseful as it was, and would have been just another cheesy, over-stylized Resident Evil).

Unfortunately he's been stuck on this over-processed, over-stylized greenscreen approach for a while, and it's just been killing his storytelling abilities.

Here's hoping the bad response to Sucker Punch will make him realize he needs to dial things back a bit for Superman. The fact he's already said he'll be doing a lot more outdoor, on-location work is a good sign of that, I think.

3. Marten

Marten Captain Captain

Amy Adams as Lois Lane? I'm in, at least.

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have no concerns regarding "Superman: Man of Steel". Snyder has not revised the script, Nolan and Goyer have been taking care of that part. Zack's creative control pertains to the project in terms of casting, directing, overseeing the art department, etc. I'm sure that Nolan is advising and consulting but probably not very much since he's been busy in pre-prod for "The Dark Knight Rises". The casting alone has me confident that Snyder knows what he's doing with the project. Everything that he's said so far is on the right path. He could have started off on the wrong foot with casting, but that hasn't happened yet.

5. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I really thought Snyder would have got Joe Manganiello for Supes. I am cool with Cavill though. :)

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Would've been pretty weird to see Flash Thompson become Superman. Though I guess no weirder than the Human Torch becoming Captain America or Deadpool becoming Hal Jordan.

7. Dusty Ayres

Dusty Ayres Commodore

There may not have been any actresses of color capable of playing alongside Chris Reeve.

8. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Was Pam Grier busy that year?

9. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

10. Admiral_Young

Angela Bassett would have been excellent for Lois Lane in a 90's Superman film IMO. Even now she'd be great. She's still my number one pick for Storm.

11. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I always pictured Vivica A. Fox as Lois if a Superman film was made in the mid-late 90's...really enjoyed her in ID4. :bolian:

12. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Terry Hatcher was great for 90's live action Superman.

13. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Desperate? Not at all. The difference between the 90s and now in that regard is that it would be seen nwo as a great deal less worthy of attention at all other than passing acknowledgment as an unconventional choice.

The likelihood that it would do the slightest damage whatever to the movie commercial is just about nil; OTOH, any actor who has an active and devoted following can give a movie a little bump.

This kind of thing really matters to two distinct and separate kinds of people: retarded bigots and the sort of obsessive and troubled fans who worry that Amy Adams has the wrong hair color to play Lois Lane - and perhaps the only thing those groups have in common is that they're of negligable importance to a movie's success.

14. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I never said it would damage the film.

The people who worry about Amy Adams hair are morons...I hope they keep it red personally. :)

15. Admiral_Young

Kate Bosworth dyed her hair for the part. Amy has had her hair dyed as a brunette before so I don't think this is a big deal at all.

16. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

It really isn't but if the film makers want Lois to be a redhead then there is a certain part of the fandom who need to get over it. Comments about how they most certainly will dye it brown are ridiculous. :lol:

[edit] What if they want Lois to be Blonde!? :lol:

17. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

QFT. :bolian:

18. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

But then everyone will think she's Lyla Lerrol! :)

19. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

QFT. :bolian::drool:

20. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Amen. There's no reason why Lois Lane can't be a redhead. For that matter, I don't think Bosworth should have had to dye her hair when she played Lois, either.