Star Trek: Section 31: Disavowed - Dec. 2014?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Kertrats47, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So... I noticed something while poking around on David Mack's site to prepare for an upcoming interview with him. At the top of his "Books" page is a listing for Section 31: Disavowed slated for Dec. 2014. You can BET this will be one of the things I'll be asking him about!

Here's the link: http://www.infinitydog.com/books.html

Incidentally, if anyone has any questions they'd like to ask David Mack, I can probably slip one or two more into my interview with him for TrekCore.com!

2. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

Just a quick note: The cover image for Disavowed on my site is NOT the real cover; it's just a placeholder promotional image I'm using to keep my page layout intact. (Same goes for the Seekers 1 cover image on that page.)

As for the story of Section 31: Disavowed, the outline has met with my editors' approval and is awaiting final approval by the Star Trek office at CBS.

3. Rush Limborg

Rush Limborg Vice Admiral Admiral

"Disavowed", eh? As in..."If any of your team is caught or killed..."? :)

Hey, Mr. Mack--anything you can reveal, at this date?

4. David Mack

Precisely. … And yes, I have been watching a lot of classic Mission: Impossible on Netflix lately….

Nope, not a single thing. Even the cover image on my website is a red herring. ;)

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I can't remember the last time a title of a book alone got me this interested. I'll definitely be eagerly awaiting more information.

6. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

Awesome! I've been waiting for the dangling Section 31 issue to be picked up since the last Section 31 book in 2001.

7. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

S31's gotten some play in the DS9 books. Looking forward to seeing it get picked up again, though 12/14 is dreadfully far in the future.

8. Slyvon

Slyvon Lieutenant Red Shirt

It so strange you brought this up, as I noticed this a few days ago as well.

Suffering from early morning coffee withdraw, my brain didn't know what to make of this book as first! Based on the "Disavowed" stamp I originally perceived this as a book previously written that the author was so unhappy with, he no longer claimed it as his own! Sort of a Alan Smithee situation for literature! lol

9. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wonder if this will be that fall-of-Section 31 story hinted at in the 25th century portions of The Good That Men Do?

10. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's what I was wondering/ hoping as well.

11. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

Sweet!

12. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Well, that's a guaranteed sale here...

Also, colour me amazed that the Mission Impossible movie series didn't spawn a tie-in book series for the franchise in some form. I'd have thought it was a no-brainer for Pocket...

13. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

Sounds very exciting! I'm in for sure!

Mr. Mack: I'm just curious about the placement in the timeline. Are you able to tell us if it's current with the rest of the TNG/DS9 24th century (ie. 2385)?

14. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Something new in terms of TrekLit. It's been ages since we had some big stuff with S31 in TrekLit. Sure, there was Trip in the ENT era, but this sounds a lot bigger.

15. Jarvisimo

Jarvisimo Captain Captain

If that cover could be the actual one, it is amazing! Is there any chance of a bigger jpeg of that spec cover? And will this be following on from your Fall volume?

16. David Mack

As I noted upthread, it is too early for me to reveal any details. Until the outline is approved, I won't say exactly when it's set, or to what other works it's connected.

I also won't release a larger version of that placeholder cover. It's just something I made for my site, and I don't want a larger version propagating around the internet and possibly confusing the issue as to which is the "real cover" when S&S finally commissions something.

17. zarkon

zarkon Captain Captain

Preferably where Jim Phelps returns and kills Ethan Hunt, because HUNT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE MOLE DAMNIT

still hurts man

18. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

My take on the first M:I movie is that Voight's character was some impersonator wearing a Jim Phelps mask.

19. zarkon

zarkon Captain Captain

It's the only logical explanation.

20. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^By Mission: Impossible values of "logical." ;)