KFC

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Yoda, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Aurian

Aurian Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh you poor woman, I feel for ya! :lol:

2. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sounds like my brother and the Maccas near where we live. They seem to get his order wrong more often then not. I was with him once and the guy at the window didn't have any receipt paper so we get no recent and when we got to the food window they claimed my brother didn't order a drink with his value meal and he let it go. I was off staying at the window and arguing for 30 minutes. But it did sort of right itself, the next time he went they put two burgers in his bag...which probably meant the guy behind him got screwed.

I worked at a KFC for 8 months back in 2001 as a cooking slaving. Wasn't too bad, other then the many, many oil burns I suffered. Also lived with a girl on college who worked at KFC while she was at uni but unlike me she was did the late to close shifts so she use to come back with a crap load of chips, chicken, bread, gravy, popcorn chicken anything they couldn't keep overnight. On a catered college where you eat at 5:30-6PM and the food sometimes isn't all that flash it was truly awesome at times to get skanky, lukewarm KFC that spent 20 mins in someones backpack.

I also found out on a cold winter's night there is nothing like a warm KFC gravy footbath...good times.

3. ed629

ed629 Rear Admiral

There's a BK around here that constantly overcharges you for menu items of their dollar menu. I went through one time and ordered 3 dollar menu items. The total was $4 something. I asked why, they said it weren't dollar menu items. I backed up, took the sign off their menu and handed it them... they did not appreciate that, and still said it was not a dollar menu item.

4. I Grok Spock

I Grok Spock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If they're fucking up your order that badly, just think what they're doing to the food.

5. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Bingo.

J.

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I am eating KFC right now, and it is delicious.

7. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

This was a grade-A rant.

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I may have just eaten 7 of the 10 pieces of my meal and 1.5 tubs of mashed potatoes all by myself. :lol:

9. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

:lol: Thank you! I'd forgotten that one.

It has a certain class that separates it from the ranting herd. :cool:

10. Shatmandu

Shatmandu Vice Admiral Admiral

And you're bleating about KFC workers making mistakes? At least they didn't dump Coke all over the place.

Maybe you should apply there, to learn some grace.

Joe, finger-licked

11. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG]
    Maybe YOU should mind your own business.

Yoda, comfortable and furious

12. freak

freak Commodore Commodore

I will say this about KFC: their grilled chicken isn't what it looks like on the commercial! On the commercial, it looks juicy and yummy, yet when you bring it home it's a box of grease. How the hell are you supposed to eat a box of grease!? It ain't worth the what $10 or more you spend on it. Plus our KFC here sucks bigtime! And where I used to work, the Sonic over there never got your orders correct. I always brought stuff to the boss and it was WRONG..even though he still ate it. He'll eat anything. LOL!

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I honestly think the grilled chicken looks dry and bland in the commercials.

14. MANT!

MANT! Vice Admiral Admiral

Worst service EVER by a fast food joint in my lifetime, At one point where I worked was 7 minutes from the nearest fast food joint..we had 30 minutes for lunch, if one timed it right, one could get to the drive through ahead of the crowd, get your order and return, scarff down the meal and get to work full and satisified..however, one day I drove through the drive through, picked up my meal a bit late (they were slow that day) drove like a bat outta Hell, sat down opened my "burger" and found ..just a bun, no meat, no pickles etc..my fries were the only part of the meal that was edible..

After a Google search, I emailed their corporate office,the regional office and their district office with my complaint, and gave them the receipt number...

I got 10 free meals from BK for that mistake..and you'd better believe I got the most expensive thing on the menu each time...

15. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Among fast-food fried chicken, KFC original recipe is still my favorite - Roy Rogers' is second.

Never had any particular problem with KFC orders being fowled up.

16. Shatmandu

Shatmandu Vice Admiral Admiral

Says the guy posting his business on a public message board? Did all you expect to hear was commisseration?

On topic: I've never had any problems with my orders at KFC. Do you live in a low-income/low education area? If so, shop accordingly.

If I'm in a shitty part of town, I'll either wait to eat or go in to the counter to order. Pretty easy.

Joe, pretty

17. Smiley

Smiley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The fast food place I'd like to complain about is Jack in the Box. I had a horrible experience there the other day, and I vowed to stay away from the chain for 10 years unless forced by circumstances.

My first problem was that I had a hard time understanding the counter clerk. I asked what was on the Sourdough Steak Melt, since it was new to me. Jack in the Box has a strange history of putting sauce or mayo on sandwiches that don't call for them. I heard that there was some kind of sauce through the mumbling, so I ordered one with no sauce, figuring that I could remove anything else I don't like personally. Not asking for clarification was my mistake, and I accept that. However, when I got home, I found the onions pretty much inseparable from the cheese, making the entire sandwich pretty much worthless.

My bigger problem with them is the lack of item prices on the menu. For almost all the main menu items, only the combo price is listed, meaning that I have no clue how much the sandwich costs and how much is upcharge. I typically order just the sandwich and drink at places where I don't like the fries, and it costs me a little less than the combo most of the time. The combo for the Sourdough Steak Melt is $5.99. I looked at the price for the Jumbo Jack with Cheese because it is one of the few things on the regular menu as well as the combo chart. The Jumbo Jack with Cheese is $2.19 by itself, and the combo is $4.79. I figured that the fries and drink made up the $2.60 difference. Imagine my surprise when I was told I owed about $6.65 for the Sourdough Steak Melt and a medium drink. That's right, the sandwich is sold for over $4! I thought the cashier must have given me the combo instead, but the receipt showed exactly what I ordered. I reluctantly accepted the charge, but I told her that they really should put the individual item prices on the menu. She had the gall to tell me that there is no room on the menu for those prices. While waiting for my food (which is not worth $4 under any circumstances), I noticed that the breakfast menu off to the side has the same format for its combos, but it also had the individual prices listed.

Between bad corporate policy, bad service, and pretty lousy food, there is no way I'll go to Jack in the Box anytime soon.

18. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep, and it was mostly fine till you showed up! Back to your original point, me spilling my own beverage and them not including stuff I paid for are mistakes that are worlds apart. They essentially scammed me by not giving me what I paid for.
    Not quite a fantastic part of town, but I think the KFC is more ghetto than the neighborhood.

I support this stance.

The fast food downtrodden unite! My biggest issue with Jack in the Box is that they will do their very best to give me my chicken strips without sauce. Especially if I get the stuffed jalapenos, they'll give me one ranch for them, and then completely forget my sweet and sour, as if their brains have a queue of exactly one sauce type per order. Absurd. But alas, their drive through is open really late, and they are ridiculously close (200 yards or so), so they win out a lot on convenience alone. Also, french toast sticks at any hour of the day FTW, that's a trick Burger King could stand to learn.

Oh, last time I went through the drive thru, after I placed my order and rolled up to the window they declared that they were out of cheesecake! I had planned my entire meal around budgeting calories for the cheesecake. It was very unsatisfying to eat the smaller meal and go to bed dreaming of cheesecake. :(

My Jack in the Box does list the non-combo prices as well as the combo prices. Most of the menu is a ripoff. There are a coupe of cost effective solutions in the value menu, but all the regular sandwiches are grossly overpriced. They can only get away with it with me because of the aforementioned superior proximity.
    You deserve better! :bolian:

19. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I think I have a KFC hangover today. I feel like crap!

20. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I feel like crap when I'm eating KFC let alone the day afterwards.