The Night Crew

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by JonathonWally, Sep 2, 2008.

1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Well, Wednesdays are always my day off, so I tend to stay up really late on Tuesday nights, and lately I've been going to the gym around 5am, so on Wednesdays by the time I get home from the gym and get settled, I'm exhausted.

I'm okay with it. All of my friends work on Wednesdays, so I never have anything better to do.

2. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thursdays are rubbish though.

3. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I take Thursdays off, so I love them.

4. Philo

Philo Commodore Commodore

That's because I haven't been around lately. :D

I've gotten my sleep schedule flipped back around, but now it's way too far the other way. I keep waking up between 5-7am, which friggin' blows! Now I'm not getting enough sleep day to day, even though I've been going to bed earlier and earlier like an old person.

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Haha, yeah, I have been going to bed around 7-9am lately. Since I'm not in school anymore, I'm not even trying to maintain a normal sleep schedule. I'm just crashing when I'm tired and waking up whenever I have to go to work (and on those days where I don't work, I wake up whenever I really have to pee!).

6. Philo

:lol:

The thing is that I like being on a normal schedule. My mood is improved when I get that morning light, and I feel like I can accomplish more when I'm awake at the same time as everyone else. However, I have my best, most creative thoughts when I'm awake late at night. It's a conundrum.

7. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

So i went to see The Day The Earth Stood Still. Really good movie. However, they showed previews for two huge movies that will open in May. The X-Men and the new Terminator movie. So we have two huge movies going up against Star Trek. I'll turn this over to Bender now. Bender?

We're boned.

Thank you Bender.

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I can't imagine what Paramount was thinking when they decided to throw ST into the middle of such a huge May. Terminator and Wolverine are going to be huge. Angels & Demons likely won't match the money its predecessor made, but it should still do well, too. It's going to be a very tough month.

9. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah it's gonna be a very hard month ...

10. Captain Intrepid

Captain Intrepid Vice Admiral Admiral

I hear tell there was a study that the most productive and creative time of the day is in the early am till about 4 or so. I can fully relate, its when I do my best work. It also said that right after lunch is the worst time for productivity, which is also true. I always feel like napping then.

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Tran-siberian Orchestra tomorrow at work. It's one of our busiest days of the year, and I'm gonna get my ass kicked.

As a result, I am attempting to get some sleep.

12. Ashu

Ashu Vice Admiral Admiral

I dont want to do all 5 finals tomorrow :(

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Five? That's awful.

We got a big ice storm tonight! My driver-side door was frozen shut. I had to get in my car through the passenger door.

14. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

you should all read Star Trek: Destiny. even if you don't normally read Trek books, read these 3.

15. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

I've read a few, but only to find that they aren't for me. Except Federation -I really really really like the way the Reeves-Stevens imagine Trek :rommie:

So, why should I read Destiny? please sell the story to me!

16. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

The Reeves-Stevens understand Star Trek in ways that other people can't even begin to try. I love their stories.

I haven't read a Star Trek book since the last New Frontier novel. They're really the only Trek books I read anymore. I still haven't read the new comic, though. Is the TPB out yet?

17. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

yes. it's good.

Destiny is the Ultimate Borg story. but if you don't like the Borg, don't let that put you off, they're barely in Book 2. it features the E-E crew, Riker on Titan, cameos from VGR characters and Ezri Dax in command of a new ship. It's also got Erika Hernandez from ENT and her crew in and an all-new alien race...

18. Ashu

Ashu Vice Admiral Admiral

And by 5 i mean 5 this week lol.

19. Philo

I can't sleep. I found myself just laying there thinking, "What would be the ultimate metafictional joke?"

"A man walks into a bar and sits down. He says to the bartender, "A man walks into a bar and sits down. He says to the bartender, "A man walks into a bar and sits down. He says to the bartender, "A man walks into a bar and sits down. He says to the bartender, "A man walks into a bar and sits down. He says to the bartender, "A man walks into a bar.""""" There is no punch line."

Meta. It's not even funny. :wtf:

20. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^In my business we call that a stack overflow error.