Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PsychoPere, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I'm not gonna lie, I kinda wish we could have actually seen this happening, rather than just reading the story through Twitter. It's pretty entertaining.

2. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Looks like it may be nearing its conclusion. Noooooo! :(

3. Skywalker

Is anyone going to watch the midnight launch? It starts streaming on BioWare TV in half an hour. I'm still trying to decide if I want to or not. :p

4. HotRod

HotRod Commodore Commodore

Nah. I don't wanna see all those happy people with their copies when I have to wait till I get home from work tomorrow at 4. On a plus note, my girlfriend is awesome! She's driving 2 hours to pick up my collectors edition while I'm at work and she has the day off. Plus, she surprised me with my very own N7 curtains shes in the middle of making me for my gaming den. Real keeper this one, I love her!

5. OdoWanKenobi

Same here. Work until 4 tomorrow, but should come home to my collector's edition on my doorstep.

Also, anyone not reading the Alliance News Network twitter feed needs to do so, right now. I don't care if you don't like Twitter. This is plot relevant stuff, and it's getting intense. Holy hell, Emily. Don't do it! Don't do it!

6. HotRod

Goodbye Emily...... You will not be forgotten.

7. OdoWanKenobi

I now feel like I want to personally kick the ass of every single Reaper on Earth. For Emily Wong!

8. Skywalker

She should have stayed on the Citadel. :(

9. HotRod

Here's hoping they animate this story for that ME anime coming out this summer. This story would be perfect for a segment of it's anything like "The Animatrix" or "Halo Legends".

10. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

RIP, Emily Wong. :(

Hm, please refresh my memory on which one this was.

11. Skywalker

One example that comes to mind...

Miranda tells Shepard that she's just as capable of maintaining the biotic field as anyone else, but if you choose her for the task, someone ends up dying.
    I know ME2's been out forever, so the spoiler tag was probably unnecessary, but hey, you never know who might be reading...

12. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's exactly the one I had in mind too.

13. PsychoPere

Ah, I'd forgotten about that one. I've only ever used Samara (due to her long life of experience) or Jack (based on how she's often referred to as being incredibly powerful) for that portion of the suicide mission.

14. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Just ducking back in to say how entertaining that whole twitter thing was. Just sad that they've apparantly killed of an established character like that...and Shepard never did get to give her that exclusive... :(
    You know that she was actually telling the truth, believe it or not. Any biotic *could* maintain the field long enough, it's just that only a really powerful one could give that extra push at the end to save the one squadmate who left themselves exposed.
    I think the player is given fair warning and spelling out *all* of the potential consequences rather defeats the purpose.

...And now I'm crawling back into my spoiler proof bunker. Since it won't launch over here until Friday, I don't think the internet will be a safe place for me to browse this week!

15. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

16. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Then that's not actually "long enough" in my book. :p

There's a difference between "not spelling out consequences" and "saying the consequences will be the exact opposite".

17. HotRod

The Reapers have ARRIVED!

18. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

On the East coast, yeah, I'm waiting another 3 hours, but life is good!

19. Skywalker

The East Coast is the only one that matters. :p

20. PsychoPere

I should've preordered from the local GameStop instead of Amazon... I'm home all day, but FedEx tracking estimates my copy won't arrive until mid-afternoon. Sigh.