7X12 Nightmare in Silver(Grading/Discussion)(SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Samurai8472, May 11, 2013.

?

Grade "Nightmare in Silver"

Poll closed Jun 20, 2013.
  1. Excellent!

21 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. Great

46 vote(s)
    41.1%
  3. Average

36 vote(s)
    32.1%
  4. DELETE!

6 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. "Iron Man 3" was better"

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  1. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, someone posted earlier in the thread (or maybe a different thread?) that it was indeed originally Victorian Clara's charges.

Also, apparently the script was originally much closer to the Audio Drama Spare Parts (Not sure if this part was confirmed or assumed)

2. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm guessing when the cybermites accessed the girl's phone, it gave them 4G technology for super speedy upgrades.. There MUST be an app for that! :lol:

3. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Spare Parts really needs to get made into a 2 parter.

4. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I'd definitely be up for that. And leave in the "Cloth Faced' Cybermen, it adds to the atmosphere of it. Changing them to a newer look Cybermen would be a step down in the creepiness of it, IMHO. (Of course, the "cloth Faced" look could be updated, but, still needs to maintain the spirit of the Originals)

5. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The cloth faced ones are very creepy.

6. Lt. Uhura-Brown

Lt. Uhura-Brown Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Leather would be creepier.

7. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that's how I interepret it. It was stated back when Asylum aired that Oswin was originally meant to be a seperate, unrelated character until JLC was cast as Clara, then she became Oswin as well. The Moffat had to re-write The Snowmen.

I imagine The Bells of St. John would still have involved Clara being attacked by Spoonheads and magically getting computer knowledge. Having her be Victorian probably would have helped that story, as it would explain why she had next to no computer knowledge at the start and it would actually make the fact she suddenly made a joke about Twitter actually be something worth mentioning.

Of course, then the problem becomes why are the Victorian children going on a TARDIS trip? They couldn't go on the internet and find pictures of Clara in a haunted house in the 1970s or on a Soviet submarine in the 1980s.

8. Lt. Uhura-Brown

Lt. Uhura-Brown Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I never thought about that.

I'd expect any 20-something from a Western nation to have at least heard about Twitter, regardless of whether they'd ever even used it themselves.

"You just made a joke about Twitter" only really makes sense if the person had never even HEARD about it before then.

9. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Easy to solve, you just do it the old fashioned way. The Doctor takes Clara back to visit and when the Tardis leaves the kids have snuck onboard. They wouldn't be the first...

10. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

I miss Amy. The quality of the second half of the season has fluctuated alarmingly. This one was pretty flat, for Neil Gaiman. I do like Clara, but they're not doing nearly enough with her. Next week should have been a two parter, and they should have spent more time on the 'who is she?' arc

11. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

^^ What I do like now is that it really feels like the Doctor is in charge. Sometimes with Amy, Rory and River it felt like he was put upon.

12. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I like to describe them as the Earth II cybermen joining with the classic ones from Mondas.