NFL 2012 - Drive to Glory

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by SmoothieX, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

2. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

I can truly say I feel sorry for Jets fans, now

3. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

I can't.

That game was everything I dreamed of and more.

Oh and nice job not having a backup QB available yesterday Jets.

4. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

That's the team that beat my Rams by two touchdowns last week??

Man, my sporting life sucks this year...

:scream:

5. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

I know I'm gonna get in trouble for this, but I think that video reinforces my belief that it isn't as though the Patriots are that good (I mean, they ARE good...) but that the Jets are just that pitiful. They made it way too easy for Brady & the gang.

6. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

^^
    I didn't see the game, but why do you think anyone would dispute that? Clearly the Jets are pathetic this year.

7. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Clearly. I just hope that New England and their fans don't feel too superior for humiliating an already down Jets team. Their dominating win against my Indianapolis Colts last week impressed me. What they were able to do last night made me laugh, and I don't even like the Patriots!

8. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Eh, I don't subscribe to the "you don't lose your starting job because of injury" line of thought. You start whomever gives you the best chance to win. Kaepernick shredded a defense that had been pretty rock-solid this year (seriously, he just abused Major Wright all night long, and Tillman was just getting clowned on every passing down) and he pretty clearly has the team around him, as opposed to Smith, who still has his opponents within the team. Start Kaepernick until he fucks up.

Turns out I was wrong, the competition committee isn't waiting 'til the offseason to address this; the rule may be revised or rescinded as early as next week.

9. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Good. That's probably the most idiotic rule in the NFL by a country mile.

10. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

I am not exactly doubting you, but... I have to wonder what the rationale was behind the rule in the first place. One too many margaritas? :vulcan:

11. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

While I agree, it's generally at least the starter's job to lose. Alex Smith wasn't playing close to poorly and they were winning games. I agree that Kaepernick has a better upside, but there's always a risk when you change players so you generally avoid it.

But we'll see how it ends up.

12. SmoothieX

I am a Patriots fan and was impressed by the 35 points in 2:14 time of possession.

Let's see how they do against Houston and SF the next couple of weeks before I get my hopes up.

They can outscore anyone potentially, but they can also get stopped by a solid defense that can pressure Brady.

13. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

As a Niners fan, I say just play em both every week until a pattern emerges or some other variable enters the equation.

14. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

That isn't really a viable plan, though, because only one person can take the first-team reps in practice -- you don't want to be splitting those.

15. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Not long term obviously. For a another week or two though? Smith has never been consistently great, but as long as he stays confident he rarely drops below average. If Kaepernick just straight-up shits the bed in a couple weeks after starting every game, I'm not certain Smith would have it in him to step back up after seeing how quickly he was replaced.

16. SmoothieX

Well given how well it's working for the Jets, I don't know why every team hasn't gone the 2 QB route...

17. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

I'm sure the rule gifting the Texans that TD will be changed over the off season. But the Lions had plenty of chances to beat an already beat up Texans team. Right now the Texans are missing five starters from their defense, and likely all five will be out for next weeks Titans game. The Texans play a 3-4 hybrid defense, and right now they have 3 of their starting LBs out and two of the backup LBs out. We're down to playing 3rd string LBs. That's why the defense sucks. We're also out a starting CB and a backup CB.

Right now I'm just glad for a healthy Schaub, Johnson and Foster to make up for the points the defense gives up. Also, we're out our starting nose tackle on the D line.

18. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

But the Jets had no QBs against New England, between "eat his ass" Sanchez and an injured Tebow. :)

19. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Denver seriously benefitted from playing the Chiefs today... if they had gone up against any real team, Denver would have gotten themselves torn a new asshole. Fortuantely, the Chiefs seem to have an endzone allergy, which let the Broncos survive a pretty ugly offensive outing.

20. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

This may just be the vodka talking, but after the Rams' glorious victory today I'm ready to declare the Super Bowl ours for the taking.

Huzzah!!

:beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.