List Only! Last Star Trek Episode You Watched

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Kes2370, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

VOY: Relativity.

It's actually the first Star Trek episode I've watched in years. Becoming a father of twins leaves time for little else.

I enjoyed it. Don't think I'd seen it since it's original airing.

2. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Almost done with my TOS rewatch: just two more eps to go. (Took time out and watched a couple of DEXTER's last night instead.)

3. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

"The Trouble With Tribbles" (TOS) - This one never gets old. :lol:

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

TOS: "The Man Trap"

Kinda slow.

5. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

"All Our Yesterdays" and "Turnabout Intruder."

And the Great TOS Rewatch is complete!

6. DAYoung

DAYoung Commander Red Shirt

TOS, 'Errand of Mercy' then DS9 'Blood Oath'. (Kor blimey.)

7. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

"A Man Alone" (DS9)

8. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Watched The Undiscovered Country on one of the HBO channels last night. Great send off for the original cast.

9. Joanna McCoy-Kirk

Joanna McCoy-Kirk Commodore Commodore

"Where No Man Has Gone Before" (unaired pilot version from TOS Season 3 BD box set). In this version Mitchell's line near the beginning of the show "Kelso's voice seemed a little nervous there" [or words to that effect] makes more sense. Also Kirk's line to Spock "Terrible having bad blood like that" adds "But you may learn to enjoy it someday". Why in the world was that excised from the aired version? Surely the censors couldn't have objected to that.

10. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

Too Short a Season.

11. BillJ

Great episode. One of the episodes I can't wait to revisit when TNG season one is available on blu-ray. :techman:

12. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

TOS episodes from the Captain's Log DVD set. Classics, City on the Edge and Balance of Terror. Enterprise Incident rounding off the fan picks.

Broke in a brand new 40" Panasonic plasma TV, after my 28" Sony CRT finally gave up the ghost. Settled on that over a Sony LCD, because it handled standard def far better (most of Star Trek and other things I watch are still in that after all and will be, for quite a while yet I'd imagine). Panasonic had less glare and better range of picture settings to adjust between than a Sony which seemed to treat anything but HD very harshly.

Amazing and I haven't even got around to any blu ray of the series yet. Dipped into a TNG episode showing on a satellite channel, CBS Action but it looked absolutely awful. I'm hopeful that series on DVD will hold up better than wherever their copies are from. The non-enhanced TOS ones proved okay, so I guess I'll soon see.

13. BillJ

The DVD's look terrible.

14. ChristopherPike

I'm bracing myself. Moments away from finding out. Blu ray player, connected to the screen by HDMI cable, did a decent job of upscaling the non-FX enhanced TOS eps from that Fan Collective. Some of TNG were always the grottiest looking, even on a Trinitron. Season 5 was the lowest point, as I recall. Daytime soap level of quality at times, with an almost complete lack of contrast. So I'm about to test my new setup to the limit then.

15. BillJ

Do yourself a favor and pick up The Next Level blu-ray sampler. It's like thirteen bucks on Amazon. The DVD's will make you cry after that.

16. ChristopherPike

Oh yeah. I already had that and sold it on recently. I'm saving my pennies for Season 1 whenever that happens. It'll take years to upgrade though whole series. 2015 or 2016 before they're finished. I could have passed away frankly, by the time they're done! Meanwhile I'm far more interesting in adjusting to get the most out of what I've already got. Tweaking all the various functions on the TV, to find the perfect setting. Hence my having an LCD for a time and rejecting it, for a Plasma, which (so far) seems to be doing a better job of being less smeary and pixelated, more like the CRTs I'm used to. I know it doesn't compare with 1080p, but that's not really my objective right now. All TVs can pretty much do a good job of that. I'm more into finding a modern flat panel that can handle SD as well as a CRT.

17. BillJ

Pretty much everything done on video tape looks like ass in the HD generation. I shudder to think what the first episode of Married... with Children is going to look like on Sunday night when Fox re-airs it in HD as part of their 25th anniversary celebration.

18. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

TNG Starship Mine

Finished TNG's The Chase this morning. I fell asleep during it last night...I shouldn't be watching tv at 1:30 am for that very reason. Then I watched Frame of Mind which is a very good mind fucking episode. It's one of Braga's best scripts.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  19. Lowdarzz

Lowdarzz Captain Captain

Who Mourns for Adonais? (TOS)

20. Joanna McCoy-Kirk

Joanna McCoy-Kirk Commodore Commodore

The Man Trap (TOS)