Your inner child

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Miss Chicken, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

inner child wants positive encouragement and reassurance all is good.

2. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

My inner child has been nurtured well this week. I changed my Piano Girls doll display and the dolls on my desk shelf. :D I still need to redress a few; change them from swimsuits into more Fall-line apparel.

3. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Inner child, outer child-- it's all the same here. I'm still doing the same things I was doing ten, twenty, thirty, forty, fifty years ago-- comics, old radio shows, pulps, B-movies, music, poetry. Actually moreso, given how modern digital media gives us such wonderful access to this stuff. And then, of course, there are the wonders of science, which have occupied my mind since I was a little boy. And these days we have thousands of Exoplanets to think about, and robots exploring Ceres and Pluto and Mars and so on.

And, yes, I do have a large collection of stuffed animals, including my oldest friend, Fluffy, who was given to me on Easter in 1962.

4. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

Gaming.. with Saints Row The Third and 4 being my favorites together with Borderlands 1 & 2 :D

5. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

My inner child had a little tantrum last week when I was taking my nieces to swim lessons. I was running late with them and then couldn't find the tag ID.

6. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

My inner child has had to take a backseat this week. I have to be the level-headed one and get things done, shield my Mom from as much as possible--including taking phone calls, arranging catering, flowers, etc. There's still a lot to do.

My inner child emerges lately in my horrible diet--ice cream, soda, popcorn--comfort food to make me temporarily calm. Otherwise, I'd probably snap. That might happen anyway when all the relatives descend. I'm not terribly social at the best of times and this is not the best of times.

7. RJDiogenes

What happened? :(

8. Peach Wookiee

-hugs-

9. auntiehill

RJD, my Dad passed away last Monday. I've been staying with Mom ever since. The funeral is Saturday. I've pretty much been taking care of things. Oldest sister--aka loser-sister-- is too much of a drama queen to be of much help to anyone. Ticking of things on my checklist this week--so much to do for a memorial service! It's nuts. But it's all getting done, one thing at a time. Died died just two weeks shy of their 64th anniversary. He'd been in a nursing home for just a few months before he quietly passed. It's been really hard for Mom, so I'm doing what I can to shield her when she doesn't want to deal with people or decisions.

Thanks for the hugs, Peach Wookie. My inner child has been very neglected this week. Haven't even been able to watch much TV, as mom doesn't really want to. TV and junk food are my drugs of choice, so I think I'm having some withdrawal. Which is why I went to the store and bought Cheetos and soda, and Mom and I have been having ice cream every night. ;)

10. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've just moved from my emotional/verbal abusive family and focusing on bringing myself back to life. My inner child has been released and soaring.

11. Peach Wookiee

You're being a good daughter, auntiehill. Does your mom have any favorite movies that you both like? I tried comedies with my mom when she still responded.
    But almost 64 years together. That's amazing!

12. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Auntiehill, sending you hugs...

:bolian:

Nice name, btw. I had a great-grandmother named Catarina.

13. auntiehill

^Thanks, TZ.

A few nights ago, I got Mom to watch a John Pinette comedy concert on TV; she laughed her head off. She doesn't want to watch much right now, but we've watched a few movies on cable together these past two weeks.

Mom's favorite thing to do is go in her office and play Bejeweled for an hour or two. It's her time to play.

14. Peach Wookiee

Try to help her laugh, if you can. If there's anything more you can watch with her and give yourself recharges, do it!

15. RJDiogenes

I'm so sorry to hear that. We've been through the same thing with my Dad and my Uncle Ken in the last couple of years. That's really the thing that sucks the most about getting older. [​IMG]

16. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Godzilla movies (I'm also tempted to get another Godzilla figure, but feels a little too inner child :) ).

Roller-blading.

17. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sorry to hear that auntiehill. Stay strong and remember that every day you deal with all these things is a day moving you closer back to a life with less crisis and demands. I hope it all goes well, the memorial :)

18. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

My condolences AuntieHill. I'm sorry for your loss.

19. TheVortaKeevan

TheVortaKeevan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I like to buy and collect action figures. I know a few of my friends who are a little older than I are into as well. When I was a teenager and my early twenties I held off buying action figures because it wasn't cool.

20. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, auntiehill. As stated above, you are being a good daughter by helping your Mom during this time.