Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Seriously?! I open these whenever I feel like wasting money on keys and it feels like wasting , I can never get a temporal ship. Seriously, I've opened like 100 temporal lock boxes and can never get one... I feel like the biggest looser.

:rolleyes: Whatever!

Oh, and I'm happy for you. Congrats.

2. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

^^I too have spent a lot of money opening these boxes at the beginning, this is the first i have opened in a long time, and the first time i have won a ship, and it will be the last, those were just the last few keys left over from when the lockbox thing started, god i would hate to know just how much i had spent on lockboxes, i bet its scary. :(

3. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

If you really want a temporal ship, take a look at the exchange how much the ship costs, how much a key goes and decide uf it's worth buying enough keys to get the EC for the ship.

If the rate of keys is about 2 Million EC and the ship cost 80 mil, you need 40 keys. Probably far less them using them yourself to gamble.

4. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

So far I've opened at least 300 lockboxes and only have a single Galor to show for it. Then again, I don't open them boxes for ships. The only thing valuable in those boxes are Lobi Crystals.

5. TheRoyalFamily

TheRoyalFamily Commodore Commodore

Until last night I only had two tacs - my main, which I did tac because in MMO's all I can do is DPS, and my latest character, which I made tac because I haven't done tac since my main, 12 characters ago. This one I made last night is tac because I'm doing an unarmed character (my last character just turned out this way, and it's quite fun), and there aren't a lot of options outside of tac for that (though rooting guys, debuffing them, lighting them on fire, and then punching them could be fun...).

6. NX-01ftw

NX-01ftw Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I am starting to get the hang of this game even more now. Today I finally found where to get the suit for mining for the BBS Fleet.

7. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

When I reinstalled the game, the previous screenshot folder was deleted, and a new one generated, resulting in the loss of all my screenshots. Good chance that's what happened to you.

8. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    I did find the new folder, as the path now goes down through one called Perfect World. However, I do still have all my old screenshots because when I backed up all my files before my old laptop crapped out I also backed up the screenshots, as I use them for desktop wallpapers.

I had a problem though with the new screenshots, because they kept coming out black. After some forum searching, I found that I have to turn off antialiasing or they won't work properly. Annoying, because they naturally look better with it on!

9. NX-01ftw

So I have a few things to ask. First I want to start a new story with the Federation and base my person as a descendant of the NX-01 crew. Who should the descendant be of?
    1. Archer
    2. Trip (I have never played as an engineer so this could be fun.)
    3. Reed

So the next question. If I go head and buy a higher level ship like a tier 3-5 level ship can I use it at the start of the game or do I have to wait until that rank?

10. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Pick Trip, and give them some slightly Vulcan features...

Engineer isn't bad, but find I like it better when I'm the TAC officer and the support BOFF is the ENG instead. Using the turrets is useful, but I like it when they spawn them and I take advantage. More fun to pew pew than support the BOFF doing it...

Nope, can't use it until your character is the right rank for it. Otherwise could have an Ensign flying a Gal-X or whatnot. Honestly wouldn't bother buying anything lower than a T5 endgame ship. You just level up so fast, you'll almost never use the thing, and then never again other than for fun as a vanity thing. Useless in combat. And the free ships are plenty fine to survive in the leveling process...

11. NX-01ftw

Thanks. i love the defiant class and intrepid class and those were what I wanted. The later has been my best ship so far.

12. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ain't that the truth. Back when we had that 20 player Gorn mission (I think? At least one with multiple teams for sure.), I went back to my stock Constitution just for shits and giggles while everyone else had their appropriate T4+ ships. It was with immense pride when we beat the mission but I was the only one who *didn't* blow up at least once. The obvious key to survival was to target only Tier 1 or Tier 2 baddies, and only go after tougher ships once other players got the aggro. For that mission, I was the ultimate mosquito, and basically little more than a heavy fighter.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  13. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Still have it on my to-do list to fit out a Constitution class with the best ultra rare mk XII gear I can get my hands on and go kick ass! XD

14. NX-01ftw

Just finished the mission "the vault" all I have to say is that it was so frustrating and boring.

15. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I'm surprised, there's no tribble test weekend for season 9?

16. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Really surprised? Don't remember them having a test weekend for season 8 or 8.5 either. Haven't had a tribble reward in a while. And not like they do much with the test feedback anyway. You can write it in the calendar, the new stuff will be bugged for a few days, and the server will be overloaded and crash a couple times on launch day. They have a queue system in place, but would rather crash the server than keep the users to a managable number for some reason...

17. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, the season will go live on Tuesday, but it won't be until Thursday that the majority of players will be able to enjoy the updates. And even then there will be crashes and outages throughout the first weekend of the new season.

18. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I know it's going to be sometime in May for me, as after a week not playing the game. Currently installing the latest patch, but heading away on Wednesday. Still looking forward to season 9, whenever I play it.

19. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Cracking few runs there everybody, thanks again, very enjoyable to say the least. :)

20. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Ground STFs can be fun. Wish they hadn't killed the incentives to play them, it's impossible to get a game in the queue, so can only play when there's a premade around that's up for it...

They take 3-4x longer than a space STF, just increase the rewards to compensate, and might get some action again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.