S&S reaches deal with Amazon

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by dansigal, Oct 21, 2014.

1. dansigal

dansigal Captain Captain

2. JoeP

JoeP Captain Captain

I wonder when any price changes would come into effect, and whether it'll be for all Amazon sites.

3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I think it's tough to say what the impact would be for Star Trek books or any books with a licensing component to them.

4. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

We could do with it in the U.K. - we're paying the equivalent of $6.50 for ebook novellas !

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The one biggest advantage to this is that we might get at least a little bit more consistent prices now. It seemed weird to me that the e-books would have wide range of prices for books that were the same style and age.

6. bfollowell

bfollowell Captain Captain

Maybe they'll be able to offer ST titles or other S&S titles in their Kindle Unlimited service now.

- Byron

7. JoeP

JoeP Captain Captain

:cardie: That's messed up.

Prices have been really weird. Between Amazon.ca (where I get my Kindle books from) and Amazon.com, .ca tends to have the cheaper Kindle version - $8.99 vs $9.35 on .com, but the MMPB tends to be more expensive - $9.49 vs $7.19 on .com (and even $6.67 in some cases). :shrug:

8. CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'd certainly be happier with ebooks becoming cheaper - paying the same price as a full length novel for the shorter novellas is irritating.

9. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wouldn't anticipate seeing that happen because of this. It's S&S setting the absurdly-high list price that's the problem there.