Would you be Starfleet or Maquis on Janeway's Journey?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Catarina, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Neither is an option too but explain alternative plan if so inspired.

Your on Voyager; would you serve as a SF officer?

What type of work would you enjoy ?
    (examples: the department, station, subjects of interest , rank,)

Just answer as simple as you want or in detail.

If you pick Maquis what appeals about it ?

Truthfully I need to read up on Maquis before giving my answer. I've only seen the Star Trek movies and a handul of eps from the other series. but since this a hypothetical scenario I'm going to toss it out there for you guys.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I am a creature of order. I have little respect for rebellion. Especially when it's the Maquis - I understand why they did what they did, but I could never agree with them. I simply don't believe the Federation deserves to be rebelled against.

So I'd have to say Starfleet.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  3. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

Maquis! I like their rank pins better.

4. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

5. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I'd be Starfleet. But I'd probably be a Maquis sympathizer. Truthfully I'm too much of a wuss to take up arms against the Cardassians when I can just relocate and be safe.

I'd definitely be in engineering. I'm a logical sort.

6. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

If you're serving on Voyager during "Janeway's Journey" it doesn't really make any difference if you were/are Starfleet or Maquis. Janeway didn't give the Maquis much leeway...you had to either shape up and do as you're told like the rest of the crew or you could spend the trip home in the brig.

7. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Starfleet. The Maqui cause was a farce.

8. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

So if your home town was declared property of a foreign power tomorrow, you'd be cool with it?

9. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

In a world where money doesn't exist and the rat race for limited resources is over. I'd be malleable to change. Don't get me wrong fighting for your home is a just cause. However the Maqui/Fed citizens in the DMZ had scores of options when it came to relocating. Listening to Eddington talk about why he was fighting for those world's in the DMZ just had me face palming. The Maqui lived a squalor lifestyle and were under constant assault from Cardassia Prime. Listening to Eddington talk about eating organically grown corn and the freedom to live an agrarian lifestyle only added to my irritation. There are thousands if not hundreds of thousands of planets, moons and space colonies in Federation space where Eddington and the Maqui can do these things. Not a cause I would sign my name to. Starfleet always tries to help people. Like Christopher Pike, it's a "humanitarian and peace keeping armada". That I could be apart of.

To my recollection, I don't think it was ever stated how many planets were Maqui/Federation colonies. I just don't think it was worth it in the end. Sure you had people like Hudson, Eddington and Chakotay who joined the Maqui on principle. But you also had people like B'Ellanna and Bajorans who joined out of a racist hate for Cardassians and people like Tom Paris who joined for the lulz.

10. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The demilitarized zone would have removed the flags off all the planets therein established before the the demilitarization.

It would have been a land grab.

11. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Starfleet, probably in operations since I've had job titles with that word. On Voyager, I'd likely be one of the casualties when the ship's caught in the Caretaker's teleportation beam.

12. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I could never, ever be Starfleet. Though I'm sympathetic to the Maquis I would not give a shit enough to actually have a cause.

I would be a merchant from DS9 who accidentally was still on board during the mission into the Badlands and was in a very grumpy mood about it ever since. Eventually I would go into the trading and cooking business with Neelix and everyone would love me, I would be much better than Kes.

13. Catarina

Teacake, it's like you probed my mind. I was thinking the same thing for myself. I even had it typed out when my battery died and lost it all and was waiting to charge my tablet. With one exception I'd have a side passion for anthropology and the various cultures might inspire my culinary means as well so if I survive shuttle trips with Chak-I'd be in the kitchen with Neelix.

14. Catarina

as in where Harry stands? Melakon, based off the brief time I've read your posts I'd be happy to see you in OPS in place of Harry.You strike me as a guy who could get a lock on something.

15. Catarina

Actually, I'd insist on taking my own shuttle down on surveys since there seems to be an assembly line of shuttles. I'm not dumb enough to red shirt my way down for my own curiosity even if it is for He who Smiles with Dimples.

16. teacake

Yes.

17. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I would be Seska. I would be in Chuckles' base, stealing his dudes.

18. teacake

So are the rumours about what he uses his spirit toy for true?

19. Catarina

I like this answer and sounds like fun.

Yes! Give us the dirt, Seska.

20. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

hahaha!

I'd probably be SF. I'd be a xeno-sociologist and help with first contact situations.

I might also be pretty crackerjack in engineering - I love finding out how things work and I'm fairly handy with a wrench.