Haven: Season Three (Discussion, Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by 1001001, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I was confused for a few minutes. "Wait, why are they showing EUREKA?"

Then I remembered that this ep was set at a high school . . .

"Oh. Right."

2. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I wondered why it didn't show up on On Demand yesterday. I didn't realize it was set in a high school. That makes sense.

3. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

The website still lists the finale as airing this Friday, with no mention of Episode 12.

Reports say that "no decision has been made as to when the episode will air." Perhaps they will just show the arc-related scenes from Episode 12 in the intro?

I understand the decision not to air the episode right now of course, but they will need to do something to fill in the gaps in the main arc. Audrey was being held at gunpoint by the Skinwalker when we last saw her.

4. Greg Cox

The ep in question, "Reunion," was scheduled to be rerun on Thursday, as part of a HAVEN marathon. I'm hoping they'll quietly show it then, but who knows?

5. 1001001

Or at least make it available online.

6. RJDiogenes

They may just delay the episode a week and show the finale a week later. But that would mean the finale would fall in the week between Christmas and New Year's. Or they may use the delayed episode as the finale. Depending on how the episode ends, that may or may not work well.

7. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It has been revealed that it will air Jan. 17, followed right after by the season finale.

8. Greg Cox

Thanks for the update!

9. RJDiogenes

Kind of a long wait, but that's a good way to do it.

I guess they can't do it on their regular night, because that would interfere with wrestling. :rommie:

10. 1001001

I'm glad they're keeping the order intact. The show is way too serialized to skip an episode.

Gives us something to look forward to.

:techman:

11. RJDiogenes

I'll watch them both Friday afternoon when I get home from my tooth extraction. I'm sure the Demerol will enhance the experience. :rommie:

12. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Anyone watch the final two episodes yet? It's been released legally elsewhere around the world, which allows for less-than-legal viewing options.

13. RJDiogenes

No, I'm content to wait for the Sciffy broadcast. I'll have the day after off for a surgical tooth extraction, so I'll watch it then while popping Demerol, which I'm sure will enhance the Haven experience. [​IMG]

14. Aragorn

Which means the horrible writing might actually seem good to you. :D

15. RJDiogenes

Let's not get carried away.

16. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Just caught up on this show, mostly out of curiosity. It's not bad, though not great either. I was expecting it to be a little spookier due to the Stephen King connection. As a Mainer I'm glad that they actually film this in Nova Scotia, which looks a lot more like Maine than Syfy's typical location, Vancouver, does. :p

I actually find Duke to be the more entertaining of the three leads. Though when Duke found out he was a "trouble slayer" I was really hoping he'd make some kind of Buffy reference (Eric Balfour had a prominent guest role in the pilot episode). I was kinda disappointed when he didn't. :ouch:

I found Nathan to be kinda boring in the early going, but he's gotten better. Audrey's pretty interesting, too. I hope they have an actual plan in mind for her and haven't just been making it all up as they go.

Oh, and as an Uncharted fan I got a kick out of the most recent episode, with Nolan North and Emily Rose reunited. :D

17. Aragorn

The Stephen King connection is very loose. Other than the two newspaper guys, a dead body nicknamed "the Colorado kid" and the Gray Gull restaurant, there's nothing else remotely related to the story.

The writing on this show is horrible. If it weren't for the chemistry of the three leads, I don't know if I'd watch. The superpowered city-threatening troubles are insanely stupid and over the top (Emily Rose says she has a love-hate relationship with the "trouble of the week"). There's a lot of potential intrigue in the long term mystery, but so much of it so sloppily thrown together.

18. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I agree, it'd be pretty much worthless if the three leads didn't have such great chemistry. I personally can't stand the "[MacGuffin] of the Week" format that most TV shows follow, and I'm far more invested in the three leads' stories and the mystery than I am in anything else.

19. RJDiogenes

It is what it is: Basically, a weekly B-Movie. In those terms, the stories aren't bad-- in fact, they're usually pretty entertaining.

It's definitely all about the characters, though. I agree that the three leads are very good and have good chemistry. But I also love the newspaper guys. In fact, they are the most New England-y part of the show. And, as a New Englander myself, I really enjoy the setting.

20. Aragorn

Considering how much they seem to know about everything, there's always the question of: "How many people have you let die simply because you two never share what you know?"