Venture Bros 4x02 (Grade and Discuss)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Broccoli, Oct 25, 2009.

?

Grade VB 4x02

1. Go Team Venture! (Excellent)

55.0%
  2. Brock (Above Average)

35.0%
  3. Hank & Dean (Average)

10.0%
  4. Dr. Venture (Below Average)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. The Traitorous Phantom Limb (Terrible)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GhostFaceSaint

GhostFaceSaint Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

On the north pole in GhostFaceSaint's workshop.
    Yeah I think he was a pedo, hopefully they don't have a new pedo every season that comes along, that joke would kind of get awful after this.

2. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

3. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

The pedo joke wouldn't have been bad if it wasn't already covered by Sgt. Hatred.

The difference is that Family Guy has a pedo joke, but doesn't do anything with it, throw it out there for the "offensive/shock factor" and just repeats the same gag ad nauseum.

Also, I love that season 2 opening. What a great montage and reintroduction to the characters after two years. I also love how they blew most of their budget on that episode to use the song. Apparently Adult Swim, since they paid for it, mined it for all it was worth by playing it during promo bumps during the first airing of the episode.

4. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

I had no idea Holst rights* were still being held, for someone who died in 1934. Anyway, completely worth it!

(* = what about film scores that right that off, but not note-for-note...)

5. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Are you talking about "Powerless In the Face Of Death"-- which chewed up a 8th of the budget for that dance song at the beginning, or "Hate Floats" which is the 2nd episode of Season 2 which is the one with Holst, and I'm pretty sure that what they use is public domain.