SUPERMAN(2012) Inspired By Secret Origin?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

And get straight to Superman hitting people like really, really hard? Because that and some maundering about critters with corny names like "Brainiac" and "Doomsday" and uh, oh yeah "Darkseid" (sophisticated punditry, faux-Marvel style) is about as clever as fan proposals for alternative storylines get.

Hell, a storyline for the Superman Returns sequel was leaked a week or so ago and - almost despite the "Brainiac" thing - it actually had a little thematic heft to it...so of course the fans immediately started to tear it down. :rolleyes:

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Again, we don't know what the story will be. All we know for a fact is that reading Secret Origin helped David Goyer "to grasp how lonely Clark must have been when he was growing up. And what a sacrifice Clark must continually make by being Superman." In other words, it informs his approach to the characterization of Superman. We have no information on whether the actual plot of Goyer's script will be based on Secret Origin; that's pure speculation.

3. Ultramann

Ultramann Lieutenant Red Shirt

Too often movies get released on dates decided by the suits and not would be right.

4. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Commodore

You know, I clame to be a huge Superman fan, but I stopped reading the comics after rebirth and only pick up a comic every once in a while. All of that bieng said, I still love Superman, he's my favorite character and I liked Smallville with all of it's flaws. From what i've heard about Birthrigh and Secret Origin, they both sound pretty cool. The more I hear about this movie, the more I think Nolan and Co. have this one in the bag.