2013 NHL Season - Welcome Back Hockey

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Buffalo Sabres fire head coach Lindy Ruff, longest tenured coach in the NHL (97-98).

Link

2. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I just saw the most surreal goal ever. Every fucking Penguins player was basically inside their own goal so the puck kept bouncing off them. Somehow the Penguins never got a hold of the puck or knocked the net off its moorings and after the five millionth shot, the Flyers scored.

3. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

He won't stay unemployed for long unless he chooses to. He always managed to make something out of nothing in Buffalo.

4. Sigokat

Sigokat Commander Red Shirt

with only hockey and basketball on AFN here in Afghanistan and since I don't like basketball, I've been watching some hockey and I'm getting back into enjoying the sport.

As a Chicago native I'm glad to see the 'hawks are on fire, but have yet to see a game on theirs yet. But I try to keep up on NHL.COM when I can.

5. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

The Senators just cannot catch a break. Anderson left the game in the third period tonight after a collision in the crease. No update on his condition yet.

6. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Damn, I hope he's ok. I have him on one of my fantasy teams.

7. Savage Dragon

He's listed as day-to-day with a sprained ankle so hopefully he won't be gone too long.

In other news, I'm going to the Devils/Jets game on Sunday!

8. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Was last night one of the best night's in the entire season so far? You had great games in Vancouver and LA, a puck to the face in New York (Which I'm not celebrating by the way as I saw it and it looked absolutely cringeworthy), Minnesota almost making a comeback before Patrick Kane (Early favorite for the Hart Trophy in my opinion) put a stop to that, and a Montreal Canadian going backwards somersault into the Islander bench. It was such an entertaining and crazy night in the NHL last night and it was one of those nights where you're glad you had something like Gamecenter Live.

I don't see this Blackhawks streak slowing down anytime soon unless they just have a bad night. Even on the bad nights you have players like Kane or Saad leading the comeback. There's absolutely no fear in this team right now and that is scary for the rest of the league.

9. Ashu

Ashu Vice Admiral Admiral

I must say, i do love me some epic Kings games.

10. Savage Dragon

Has anyone seen any updates on Staal's condition. Everything seems really quiet at the moment.

11. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ They're waiting for the swelling to go down. Hopefully the injury won't ruin his career (like it did Malhotra's).

12. the 4th hanson bro

the 4th hanson bro No one can resist my Schweddy Balls Admiral

Will it take a player losing an eye before the NHL makes visors mandatory?

13. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

According to SB Nation, it's the NHLPA who are against that idea. Can't say I'm surprised.

Personally I think they should go even further and make players wear full cages to protect their whole face, or some sort of hybrid with a visor to protect the eyes and nose and a half-cage to protect the mouth and jaw.

14. Savage Dragon

Latest news is that he is expected to make a full recovery but is out indefinitely.

In other news, I watched the Ottawa Toronto game on NHL Center Ice last night and damn, was the coverage ever annoying. At every commercial break they displayed a "We'll be right back" image along with a horrible loop of music.

Not seeing the commercials didn't bother me but when it came time for the between period coverage they blacked it out with that crappy logo and music again. I don't understand why they wouldn't broadcast it. Do they need some kind of deal with TSN in order to do so?

15. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

^Probably couldnt negotiate the rights to anything but the game itself or dont want to pay extra money to the announcers.

16. the 4th hanson bro

The Blackhawks' point streak comes to an end with their first regulation loss, 6-2, at the hands of the Avalanche.

17. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And they lost to the Oilers Sunday night.

18. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It was a crazy game though.

I just wish the Sharks would snap out of this boring play. They might be the worst "playoff" team in the league right now.

19. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

This is hilarious:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnCCaAYtqbc[/yt]

20. the 4th hanson bro

"the media blows..."

That was funny.