teacake does Stargate: punch it

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by teacake, Oct 7, 2012.

1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

To be fair everyone on Earth besides you know RDA was leaving the show, even before season 9 aired. :lol:

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

My spoiler free powers are legendary. To me.

Obliviousness.. ACTIVATE!

3. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Even before season 8 ended. Moebius Part 2 aired March 2005, RDA's departure and Browder's casting was announced December 2004.

4. teacake

^ Well if there are any more things that were announced back in the old days please don't mention them as I was paying no attention.

Avalon Part 2
    : That was intriguing, once we got out of the Arthurian bits. I actually thought they'd killed off Vala (if they do it later, don't tell me and if she leaves don't tell me) in a very gruesome way. Now I very much want to know what happens next.

Jaffa politics, I don't envy Teal'c. A race that's been enslaved for thousands of years suddenly has to rule itself, that's going to be messy.

New doctor: yawn.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  5. bigdaddy

The show is no longer on the air, shit, sorry, that was announced in the old days. ;)

:p

6. teacake

btw I have the movies Stargate Continuum and Stargate Ark of Truth.. when do I watch these in relation to the series.

7. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

They're tie-up movies, so after all 10 seasons are completed.

I don't think it really matters which of them you watch first, but, Ark of Truth was released first, and is more central to the Ending Arc of S10. Continuum is more of a side story.

So, yea, I would definitely recommend Ark of Truth after S10 Finale and then Continuum

8. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought they left it uncertain which Teal'c we wound up with, like Sliders did with Professor Arturo. So the real Teal'c could still be out there.

What did you think about Emmett Bregman becoming the leader of SG-17? I think it was a ballsy move. A filmmaking SG team has a lot of story potential.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  9. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

You might want to edit out part of that post, Silvercrest. Some of it actually is a real spoiler.

10. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

All right all right all right. I was hoping I could slip one in there to see teacake's reaction later.

I would have gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't been for you meddling kids.

11. Skywalker

Heh. Sorry, I'm just very wary of spoilers myself so I know where teacake's coming from. I figure it's better to be safe than sorry.

12. teacake

Whatever it was is it gone/edited I'm scanning this stuff through my fingers!

13. Skywalker

It's gone. You're good! :techman:

14. teacake

Thank you!!!!! You can all tell me what it was after it occurs, LOL.

I'm rather excited about a new storyline and characters.

15. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Glad to hear it. The story arc during season 9 and 10 is pretty exciting. The show takes "epic" to a whole new level, you'll see!

16. The Wormhole

Of course, but since you've already watched Atlantis some of the coming developments you already know about. EG, you would have known before watching the Avalon two parter that General Landry would eventually show up to take command of the SGC.

17. TremblingBluStar

TremblingBluStar Vice Admiral Admiral

I recently finished the two seasons of SGU, and am going to commit blasphemy by saying I loved the show!

I was going to go straight onto SG1 and SGA, only to find out that Netflix dropped both shows! Damn you Netflix! I mean, I can't complain too much, since I'm using my girlfriends account and all... so I guess buying DVD box sets is in my future. :)

18. bigdaddy

Epic and ridiculous.

The amount of ships Earth has in the last two seasons is insane. There seems to be a new ship every other week on SG-1 and Atlantis.

I remember liking the season 9 beginning and the end, but not the middle and found 10 to be "bleh".

Does Stargate Continuum take place after the other one? I don't remember it having a set place in a storyline. Honestly I rarely remember it. I just remember being disappointed by both movies. I had high hopes for the third that sounded good, but never made.

If buying the DVDs in the USA I suggest waiting until Thanksgiving, each season is always on sale for only $8 a piece.

19. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Continuum could be watched before Ark of Truth, but Ark of Truth is basically the Series Finale, since the S9-S10 Arc doesn't end with the Series Finale, so, one would want to complete the S9-10 arc ASAP, I would imagine, but, it honestly doesn't matter which order you watch the movies in spoiler/continuity-wise, I don't believe, but, neither of them should be watched before the S10 Finale

20. The Wormhole

In terms of continuity, The Ark of Truth takes place before Atlantis's fourth season, since Carter is still a Lt. Col. and is still a member of the team. Continuum takes place during Atlantis's fifth season, in the premiere Carter says she's returning to Earth to witness Ba'al's execution.