Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by JJ-R, Sep 5, 2012.

1. FrontierTrek

FrontierTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

For those who haven't spotted it... Amazon UK has reduced their price for Season 2 and it's now the cheapest around... just £47.00! http://amzn.to/QndAIe

2. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have caved and pre-ordered it.

There is a reviewer claiming to have seen some of this all ready as his friend works for a company working on the project.

He seems like a bit of a liar to me though.

3. FrontierTrek

FrontierTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Total liar... the editing on the bonus features isn't even complete yet!

4. Mott the barber

Mott the barber Commodore Commodore

:drool:

5. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I said anyone wanting info should go to trekcore.

Kudos on the Nana Visitor interview, I love her.

6. Maxwell Everett

Maxwell Everett Commodore Commodore

I've got a $50 Best Buy gift card waiting patiently on my desk for the inevitable $60 price they'll be asking on Dec. 4th (possibly also with Upgrade & Save $5 off) thanks to some credit card reward points I had accumulated.

Also, I'm hoping they'll put it out a week early like they did last time at my local store so I can share the Season 3 trailer with you all just after Thanksgiving! ;)

7. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

If the Season 3 trailer doesn't include Yesterday's Enterprise, Best of Both Worlds, and Deja Q, they did it wrong. Actually, that's going to be interesting what they are going to do with the FX in Deja Q. That episode kind of features those blob type effect we were used to in Star Trek with the Calamarain (?) so I wonder how that is going to be enhanced.

8. Maxwell Everett

You're probably already aware of this but in case you missed it, part 3 of the TrekCore CBS Digital interview touches on that a bit:

It's slightly unclear whether Eric Bruno is implying that all of the layers to the Calamarain VFX had to be recreated with CGI... but I think we can expect it to look very faithful regardless.

But yeah, there are so many iconic moments in Season 3 (both live action and VFX) that it's going to be interesting to see what they choose to show us as a teaser. Can't wait. :)

9. tomalak301

I did see the interview but it was a few weeks ago. Thank you for the reminder. ;)

Looking forward to how they do it. They've remained faithful so far so I don't expect anything less than that. I'm sure the final product will be amazing.

10. MikeS

MikeS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Are you allowed to elaborate at what you've been hinting at yet? I've been waiting patiently for months to find out what the secret extra's are.

11. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

12. Salinga

Salinga Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Gene is still alive and giving an exclusive interview from his hide out?

13. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

The episodes themselves are enough to drive me crazy. :lol:

14. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

With additional commentary by Elvis.

15. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

16. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

17. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I expect the pricing to be pretty much like last time.

18. tomalak301

I got Season 1 for like 60 bucks. Hopefully Season 2 is either like that price or cheaper. We are getting less episodes afterall. Of course it sounds like we're getting more special features so that might even things out too.

19. Maxwell Everett

I too hope it will be cheaper -- it's one less disc in the set (5 discs versus 6)... and if each disc is valued at $10, then it should be in the $50 range. Though, CBS may not see it that way. After all, they have to make up for the the monetary loss they suffered due to the recall and the replacement discs they had to press and send out.

If only the folks at Chace Audio hadn't bungled the initial release, we may have stood a good chance of getting S2 for that low a price. Now... not so sure. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it is that low, though. :)

20. SNogueira

SNogueira Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Okay, getting back into Mr. Burnett's mystery Star Trek hidef releases, The Digital Bits is reporting that the new Warner/Paramount deal, where Warner is going to release some 600 films from the Paramount catalog, includes Star Trek. So, bringing this together with Mr. Burnett's twitter tips, I'm more and more confident that we're going to see at least some Star Trek movies getting a new BD release!!