Best Of Both Worlds Trailer

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by TrekToday, Mar 4, 2013.

1. TrekToday

TrekToday Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

NCM Fathom Events has released a short trailer for the theater showing of Star Trek: The Next Generation‘s The Best of Both Worlds. The Best of Both Worlds will be shown in more than five hundred theaters on April 25 at 7 PM. The screening will include the double episode (two hours in length), as [...]

More...

2. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

“Experience one of television’s most powerful cliffhangers...”

That strikes me as a lousy advertisement, considering that the cliffhanger aspect is lost entirely in this presentation. If a cliffhanger is what you want, you need to see it in two parts.

3. asp7485

asp7485 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The trailer is so cheesy too and doesn't seem exciting. I wish it could be something more like what CBS released for the blu-ray.

4. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think this is why I'm not buying the Best of Both Worlds set. The power of the episode was the cliffhanger, and Ron Jone's sweeping score that came with it. I'm looking forward to the theatrical screening to see how they merged the two episodes together, but if it was anything like what Maxwell Everett posted a month ago, than the Cliffhanger is lost and it's just a 90 minute movie. I don't really want it to be a 90 minute movie. I was the music, the episode as originally aired, and the theatrical screening gives me a reason to not watch BOBW when I get to it on the Season 3 set.

5. Mott the barber

Mott the barber Commodore Commodore

I am of course going to the screening but yes, the best part of part 1 is the end. It's why I half-jokingly said about a month ago that I almost wish they'd do like Yesterday's Ent. or the Defector, Tin Man, etc. and then BOBW pt. 1 in theater this go around and then BOBW pt. 2 and Family next time. It would preserve the cliffhanger aspect a little more (yes we know what's gonna happen but still).

6. Nagisa Furukawa

Nagisa Furukawa Commander Red Shirt

While this probably won't happen, it'd be cool if instead of "TO BE CONTINUED," it said "INTERMISSION" and then the film has a 10-minute-or-so break before coming back.

7. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

This is the best idea I've heard. Some people are bound to freak out if they see "To Be Continued" up there.

By this point in time, any Star Trek fan already knows what happens, so hasn't the cliffhanger lost some of it's charm?

8. Maxwell Everett

Maxwell Everett Commodore Commodore

I suspect it's not going to say anything at all, just like the video I posted several weeks ago in the other BOBW thread. I suppose you could put the video on pause during the few seconds of black between parts. But if that's the case, you might as well wait until the teaser of Part II is over, after Locutus's, "Resistance is hopeless, Number One."

But really, I think the point of this separate release is to present the two parts together with no more interruption than the typical fade outs and fade ins that are a part of every Star Trek television episode.

9. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not to me it hasn't. I always get goosebumps when we get Mr. Worf, Fire, followed by the great music. I think it's the music that I'm worried about. I mean when you use the same music on two shows about 15 years apart (TNG and Family Guy), you've done something memorable.